New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 13, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #1,396 of 8,377
As far dealing with the high freq roll of issue the is very little energy if any above 15 k. So overall most people do not hear a change in sound

That may be true to some extent, but it is nonetheless the main USP of the Roxanne, and the reason for Jerry implementing a 12-driver configuration.

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #1,397 of 8,377
It may be , as I have not read anything other then the stuff hear. I will say one more thing the high freq does contain imaging that is not found in the lower freq. So there can be some merit. And I ordered them without hearing them so we will see together how it really is .

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #1,399 of 8,377

Boosted bass even at the lowest level would be a deal breaker for me. Kind of a JH13 (pre-FP) deja-vu, when I expected them to be flat, but the demos sounded noticeably boosted.

No boost bass on the lowest setting, according to Jerry. It goes from +0dB to +15dB boost. Actually the lowest setting is a bit too lean for me. I like it most on 10 o'clock on the pot, which according to Jerry is about ~3dB boost. I would think Roxanne has a little less bass than JH13, from memory.

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #1,400 of 8,377
Now that is some really good news , thank you for posting that result.

Al d

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #1,401 of 8,377
Alrainbow, what your comment for your 344 vs jh13. I tried MH334 and TG334. I prefer MH. Roxanne sound are enough bass for me without adjustment, sound also more forward but not as wide and the peak is over (IMO) maybe my ear. Where MH give me the balance to my ear. I tried 2set of Roxanne one of them had distortion on very high peak, again god bless me hope everything go fine when my ciem reach me.

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #1,402 of 8,377

Anyway, I figure we'll have some reviews of the Roxane trickling in within the next 3 weeks or so, so we'll start to learn whether or not they are relatively neutral or if they are bass monsters like the JH16.

It is both. Jerry said it in the Mook festival that the main point of Roxanne is that you can choose how much bass you want. It was part of an answer to a person question of whether they can make a fixed bass version of Roxanne, and Jerry said he has no plan to do so but maybe some 3th party cable maker can create a cable with the right circuit (which can be obtained from) to get the fixed bas amount.

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #1,403 of 8,377

It is both. Jerry said it in the Mook festival that the main point of Roxanne is that you can choose how much bass you want. It was part of an answer to a person question of whether they can make a fixed bass version of Roxanne, and Jerry said he has no plan to do so but maybe some 3th party cable maker can create a cable with the right circuit (which can be obtained from) to get the fixed bas amount.

Sorry, I should have been more clear - I meant 'whether or not they are relatively neutral or if they are bass monsters' in their non-boosted state.

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #1,404 of 8,377
Yo great question. , short answer is the JH13 is better for me. I had the tg334 for a while and with the right tip and it getting a little brighter it is great. But the truth is the JH13 is just more closer to the music overall with the tg334 a close second with the mids . I had my tg334 made custom just to get them be the same when I where them. I am not a fan of universals , but they are good as well. I am sure your Roxanne will be fine. The demos get beat up and blasted to death too. I do like the the m334 and I am sure they sound like my tg reschell. But I do think overall the jh13 is better. Another point is the bass is strong on the tg but not clear as the 13. And the mids are a little more fowArd on the 13 compared to the tg. But I like it like that most of the time. I use IEM,S everyday so I rotate them on a weekly basis and play with EQ to get them close to each other. If you like the M334 more why didn't you get them ?

Al d

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #1,405 of 8,377
Haha I'm #01 order for Roxanne. I almost wanted to pay for the MH334, but manage to hold since Roxanne should deliver soon.

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #1,406 of 8,377
Good iam happy for you. I almost bought the MH334d. Or something the one with the double bass and double Ba on mids and treble . I am glad I did not do it with ought hearing it.

Al d

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #1,408 of 8,377

Sorry, I should have been more clear - I meant 'whether or not they are relatively neutral or if they are bass monsters' in their non-boosted state.

Oh, then the answer is pretty clear to me. It is definitely very neutral. As I have mentioned, it actually is a bit on the lean side of things when the pot is all the way down.

An interesting note is that, Judging from Jerry explanation, I think Roxanne is actually tuned to be bassy as stock, then using the bass boost circuit to cut down the amount of bass. So it actually is really a 'bass EQ' or 'bass cut' rather tah a bass boost. Though functionally they make no difference.

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #1,409 of 8,377
What you just posted is contridicting I have read about a 15 db boost so where is the cut

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #1,410 of 8,377

Oh, then the answer is pretty clear to me. It is definitely very neutral. As I have mentioned, it actually is a bit on the lean side of things when the pot is all the way down.

An interesting note is that, Judging from Jerry explanation, I think Roxanne is actually tuned to be bassy as stock, then using the bass boost circuit to cut down the amount of bass. So it actually is really a 'bass EQ' or 'bass cut' rather tah a bass boost. Though functionally they make no difference.

That is helpful piece of info I'm going to Mook later today so I can try the Roxannes. I was expecting it to be neutral by default and the pot does boost the bass.

I already order the Roxanne on BF but I just want to get a preview of what I am getting into. Will definitely compare it with my JH16 for as much as I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back