New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
May 29, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #5,836 of 8,377
I've met Jerry once. He was very friendly and open. We had good, mostly technical discussion and I had strong impression he deeply cares about his products. However, this is not enough, as to have successful business and happy customers, you need more than that. JH Audio right now is sinking under their own success and I'm sure they will see the impact of their service (or lack of it) on the number of future orders. I also hope they will be able to recover, but right now all I can see is increasing waiting times and possible degradation in quality (refits) - I don't have strong data to confirm this, but this is how it looks like from reading around.

For the record: I'm waiting for Roxannes ordered mid-March, I'm not complaining yet, but I hope they will eventually come and they will fit.

I think you are right in your assessment.
No one doubts that Jerry is a great guy and pretty much a genius for inventing CIEM's!
However if you are running a business you have to make sure you give good customer service. I would say especially when you are dealing with a high end product that is in such intimate physical contact with the user. (I didn't mean that to sound as weird as it does!)

May 29, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #5,839 of 8,377
  I thought he made the first CIEM for Van Halen's drummer. You obviously know different. I'm interested.

Here's a wikipedia entry about Jerry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Harvey_(inventor)

Also, Jerry explains the history and timeline in this Talks at Google session:

May 29, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #5,840 of 8,377
May 29, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #5,841 of 8,377
In 1982 Marty Garcia (who is founder and CEO of Future Sonics) designed and put the first musician's in-ear monitors to work on stage, with Todd Rundgren.

In 1985, Marty Garcia made the first commercially available ciems, for which he was inducted into the TEC Hall of Fame in 2010. http://tecfoundation.com/hof/10techof.html

Jerry came several years later.

May 29, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #5,842 of 8,377
In 1982 Marty Garcia (who is founder and CEO of Future Sonics) designed and put the first musician's in-ear monitors to work on stage, with Todd Rundgren.

In 1985, Marty Garcia made the first commercially available ciems, for which he was inducted into the TEC Hall of Fame in 2010. http://tecfoundation.com/hof/10techof.html

Jerry came several years later.

Cool!  In the 80's no less, what a pioneer.

May 29, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #5,846 of 8,377
If what is written there is true (that you are only 41 days into waiting and that you insulted them a few weeks ago), then sorry but you are out of line. 41 business days is around 2 months, which is very much standard (and actually quite good) for a Roxanne order judging by everyone's wait. I don't think anybody got their order less than 2 months after ordering. Why are you making a fuss?

May 29, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #5,848 of 8,377
  If what is written there is true (that you are only 41 days into waiting and that you insulted them a few weeks ago), then sorry but you are out of line. 41 business days is around 2 months, which is very much standard (and actually quite good) for a Roxanne order judging by everyone's wait. I don't think anybody got their order less than 2 months after ordering. Why are you making a fuss?

Mine is received on 3/20/14 as it is posted on my history order. I dont know why it appear to be 3/26/14. So which is correct? The one on my JH account or the one Andrew said?

May 29, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #5,850 of 8,377

Mine is received on 3/20/14 as it is posted on my history order. I dont know why it appear to be 3/26/14. So which is correct? The one on my JH account or the one Andrew said?

It doesn't really matter, instead of 41 days it would have been 46, not a big deal. Pretty much everyone has waited over 2 months so be patient. If they don't arrive by July, then you can send them an email to ask for the status. Writing mean accusations on their FB won't accomplish anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back