New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 23, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #3,871 of 8,377
I did get my impressions in within a week. So... Dec 2nd ish

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #3,873 of 8,377
I seem to recall that order is set by receipt of impressions - I could be wrong on that though.

I'm not sure if this is any relevant or not, but when I asked about the JH16 a few days ago Corbyn said that priority is set whenever the order or impressions are received - whichever is later. So basically it starts the day when your impressions are received.

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #3,875 of 8,377
Maybe wait for aftermarket cables. Pretty sure this is doable with Roxanne.
Is there a way to get a mic with the Roxannes like the iPhone? Would have been cool if the bass control had track control like play, next, prev track and also a microphone. But then the size of it would probably be a lot bigger.

I already checked this with Double Helix Cables and it was no problem!:blush: it will be a cable from hell he said haha, so many wires...

Feb 23, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #3,876 of 8,377
Any of you soon-to-be Roxanne owners wishing you went for the Noble K10s by now?

Not really, i would suspect the K10s would be a little too warm for my tastes. In fact i was afraid the Roxannes would be too warm too, hence the ZX1 over X5 for myself. But the blind wait (lack of clarity and information from jh audio) and the anticipation is tasting really bad.

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #3,879 of 8,377
Not really, i would suspect the K10s would be a little too warm for my tastes. In fact i was afraid the Roxannes would be too warm too, hence the ZX1 over X5 for myself. But the blind wait (lack of clarity and information from jh audio) and the anticipation is tasting really bad.

Oh man, after reading VisceriousZERO, lewisbot, and tupac's comments on the Noble thread, i'm not so sure anymore!

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #3,882 of 8,377
I didn't, it was a blind leap of faith on my part. I heard the jh13(non fp) and had been thinking about it even after i got my LS8. And when black friday came i just leapt. Can't say it's disappointing in SQ based on impressions so far :)

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #3,883 of 8,377

Went back to the bristol show today. Auditioned AK240, roxanne and K10 (again) with my ZX1. K10 + ZX1 is not warm at all..It's very clean, clear and smooth. The treble indeed enjoyable. Roxanne can sound thin and bright with the ZX1. But as we all know ZX1 pairs better with fuller, more organic earphones. AK240 paired with roxanne much better. But K10 is still within the range of neutral. 

As far as the roxanne, I did enjoyed the bass, but the tuning is just not so much different from my JH13/16, the treble seem to more linear with better extension, but overall it's still a JHA product for sure. If you are a fan of JH13 sound signature, you will love it.

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #3,884 of 8,377
I don't consider the Roxannes very warm or thick, but they are more so than the UERMs. And less warm than the K10s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back