New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 13, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #3,706 of 8,377
Give me an example please? Names of businesses?

Seriously?? Alright I'll give one. Look at Tansy dolls. If you like you can get one for yourself. Lift your finger and run Google. There are a lot of them.

The amount they are charging is a lot less than a custom IEM but still they don't take the full amount upfront.

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #3,707 of 8,377
Seriously?? Alright I'll give one. Look at Tansy dolls. If you like you can get one for yourself. Lift your finger and run Google. There are a lot of them.

The amount they are charging is a lot less than a custom IEM but still they don't take the full amount upfront.

You compare a 'tansy doll' to a ciem?
I ask you for an example and you come up with... A doll?!?
Too funny.
What a joke!
Lol

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #3,708 of 8,377
Hi Wickson,

I don't think that other customers are responsible for the delay.

I agree with Al that a custom product ordered online is a pay-in-full-upfront sort of deal.

I'm sure that those who are determined can receive a refund for a non-delivered product. I hope that all issues with the carbon fiber are quickly resolved or for that customers are offered a full refund or a chance to get an acrylic-shelled Roxanne with a refund for the price difference in the shells.

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #3,709 of 8,377

Thank you for that... Still laughing.
Really? A doll?

I won't waste my time googling manufacturing companies that leverage themselves for custom work without securing full payment...

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #3,710 of 8,377

I'm sure that those who are determined can receive a refund for a non-delivered product. I hope that all issues with the carbon fiber are quickly resolved or for that customers are offered a full refund or a chance to get an acrylic-shelled Roxanne with a refund for the price difference in the shells.

I think some already took up the offer on the bolded sentence and already received their acrylic Roxy.
But have anybody received a full refund yet for a cancel order? Just asking

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #3,711 of 8,377
You compare a 'tansy doll' to a ciem?
I ask you for an example and you come up with... A doll?!?
Too funny.
What a joke!
Lol

Relax, there's no need to be so aggressive.
You asked examples from 2 different people (didn't read through all the flame wars).
They gave you an example and you tell them its nonsense.
What I don't understand is you...
confused.gif

Well, I better stop here, don't wanna join the flame wars.

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #3,712 of 8,377
Hi Wickson,

I don't think that other customers are responsible for the delay.

I agree with Al that a custom product ordered online is a pay-in-full-upfront sort of deal.

When did I say the customer was responsible for the delay?
Im saying this is a small manufacturing company, making a product that nobody else is making... Clearly they're having difficulties, let's be patient.

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #3,713 of 8,377
Relax, there's no need to be so aggressive.
You asked examples from 2 different people (didn't read through all the flame wars).
They gave you an example and you tell them its nonsense.
What I don't understand is you... :confused:
Well, I better stop here, don't wanna join the flame wars.

I asked for an example, yes! Do you think a doll is comparable to a $1500 item?
I initially made my statement, suggesting some patience and understanding... Then the flaming began...
Aggressive?
More like defensive.

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #3,714 of 8,377
I'm going to assume they had your motorcycle as collateral, poor example.

Nope, no collateral. They bought the parts they needed and then I came back when they were done to inspect the work.
Made them repaint one of the parts due to an error they made.

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #3,715 of 8,377
Why would any manufacturer build something that is CUSTOM without receiving %100 of the money up front?
Seems pretty normal to me....
If I had to guess. They simply didn't anticipate the amount of CF orders they received. Cf is cured in a vacuum oven.
These ovens aren't purchased @ sears!
From PO to shipment/installation...
Things take time...

I wrote that, then you responded to it.... Was I supposed to sit on my hands?

Why not? That 's what I'm responding to. If you agree on that arrangement all the time then it's fine. Your money. I'm just saying custom works don't have to be like that. Especially if we are talking about a big amount and manufacture/delivery time takes a long time. 

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #3,716 of 8,377
Nope, no collateral. They bought the parts they needed and then I came back when they were done to inspect the work.
Made them repaint one of the parts due to an error they made.

I have personally never experienced this. I've done 3 frame off restorations to automobiles. Always paid for the parts in advance and the labor in milestones.

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #3,718 of 8,377
Why not? That 's what I'm responding to. If you agree on that arrangement all the time then it's fine. Your money. I'm just saying custom works don't have to be like that. Especially if we are talking about a big amount and manufacture/delivery time takes a long time. 

I also said that there should be an out for the customer if no work has been done...
I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #3,719 of 8,377
@wickson - I ordered an amp from Decware which was customized and paid a deposit up front, a certain % of the total, they charged the rest when it shipped.  This is their policy due to the long lead time.  They also have a live list on their site so you can see where you are in the queue and the status of your order.  Headamp also take a 1/4 deposit for their BHSE amps which are custom made to your liking, not sure when they charge the remainder.

But as we will no doubt hear from the mods this is all academic discussion and should get back to talking about the Roxanne's and not he policies of random companies...

To that end, my clear cables are still holding strong, no cracked nuts...
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #3,720 of 8,377
Why would any manufacturer build something that is CUSTOM without receiving %100 of the money up front?
Seems pretty normal to me....
If I had to guess. They simply didn't anticipate the amount of CF orders they received. Cf is cured in a vacuum oven.
These ovens aren't purchased @ sears!
From PO to shipment/installation...
Things take time...

I wrote that, then you responded to it.... Was I supposed to sit on my hands?

Why are you so stubborn about this? There are TONS of companies that do something custom and then get paid when they perform/deliver. Want some examples? I'm planning a wedding right now so I can give you about a dozen examples.

Wedding invitations
Photographers
Venues
Florists
Musicians

Do you want me to continue?

They all take deposits (for product/work that is tailored to your requests), and then collect the balance on the day they perform (or shortly beforehand), or the day they deliver their product.

I was defending JHA a few pages back saying that because the product is custom, it takes a custom amount of time to manufacture. That's fair. The point I am trying to support here is what someone else mentioned that a deposit/balance form of payment is much more suitable when the order/delivery timeframe is so big. If you don't agree with that, then you must not be very good at investing money. In three months by investing a moderate amount of money, you can make earn enough interest to pay for a Roxanne order. Why should JHA have our money instead?

Don't get all defensive bro, I have my Roxanne so I have nothing to moan about. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

@wickson - I ordered an amp from Decware which was customized and paid a deposit up front, a certain % of the total, they charged the rest when it shipped.  This is their policy due to the long lead time.  They also have a live list on their site so you can see where you are in the queue and the status of your order.  Headamp also take a 1/4 deposit for their BHSE amps which are custom made to your liking, not sure when they charge the remainder.

But as we will no doubt hear from the mods this is all academic discussion and should get back to talking about the Roxanne's and not he policies of random companies...

To that end, my clear cables are still holding strong, no cracked nuts...
biggrin.gif

JHA told me that the issue is pretty much isolated to the black cable. Maybe it's something chemical with the black dye they are using for the plastic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back