New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 1, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #3,361 of 8,377
  Sorry to hear that. Yes, let's hope that the aluminum fix the problem.

Never mind the carbon fibre CIEM shells - I want aluminium CIEM shells!   (I'll try to pretend that aluminium isn't toxic
tongue.gif
)

Feb 1, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #3,366 of 8,377
Haha when I encounter a titanium IEM... It is seriously going to hurt my wallet.
About the 3D printing, it would be awesome to be able to reshell yourself:)!

Yep.  There will soon be pre-configured kits available, of BA drivers + crossovers + couplers, filters etc. Then you'll 3D-print your shells at home, using a digital impression-scan file that you have saved on your hard drive from the last time you visited your audiologist.

A bit of careful gluing of the components into the new shells, and sealing the faceplate, thereafter, and you'll be good-to-go.  This will massively reduce the time it takes to obtain a new pair of CIEMs.

I expect to see this within the next 5 years or so.

Feb 1, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #3,367 of 8,377
Haha when I encounter a titanium IEM... It is seriously going to hurt my wallet.
About the 3D printing, it would be awesome to be able to reshell yourself:)!

Reminds me of Suyama-san's titanium 334...

Feb 1, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #3,368 of 8,377
Reminds me of Suyama-san's titanium 334...
Yep.  There will soon be pre-configured kits available, of BA drivers + crossovers + couplers, filters etc. Then you'll 3D-print your shells at home, using a digital impression-scan file that you have saved on your hard drive from the last time you visited your audiologist.

A bit of careful gluing of the components into the new shells, and sealing the faceplate, thereafter, and you'll be good-to-go.  This will massively reduce the time it takes to obtain a new pair of CIEMs.

I expect to see this within the next 5 years or so.

Awesome:)

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #3,374 of 8,377
I am sure it will play them fine jerry is using for the demo of the Roxanne. But there is so many choices in daps right now I would not know what to buy . As for me I am using a now old and outdated hibino HDP r10. You can get new ones now for half the price I payed for it about 1 1/2 years ago.

Al

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #3,375 of 8,377
I am sure it will play them fine jerry is using for the demo of the Roxanne. But there is so many choices in daps right now I would not know what to buy . As for me I am using a now old and outdated hibino HDP r10. You can get new ones now for half the price I payed for it about 1 1/2 years ago.

Al

Still a superb DAP, from a strictly SQ POV. I'm sure the Roxys will sound superb driven by it
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back