New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 6, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #2,491 of 8,377
  Hello everyone....I know we have cable problem going around, BUT.

Did anyone receive for his/her tracking number for the Roxanne?  (If you ordered in October)

Thanks

FWIW - I ordered the last day of CanJam Oct 13th and I have mine. (non CF version), I was also told that I was in the first batch of pre-orders to go out. 
Tracking number doesn't necessarily mean its already shipped. It can also mean that their waiting for fedex to pickup the package from them.

But its nice to see some movement and hopefully cable issues have been resolved.

I noticed a tracking number Dec 6th in my FedEx account but it did not actually ship until Dec 24th (received Dec27th).

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #2,492 of 8,377
  FWIW - I ordered the last day of CanJam Oct 13th and I have mine. (non CF version), I was also told that I was in the first batch of pre-orders to go out. 
I noticed a tracking number Dec 6th in my FedEx account but it did not actually ship until Dec 24th (received Dec27th).

I ordered the Roxanne 10/23/13 but nothing came yet....but we'll see.

Thanks guys!!

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #2,493 of 8,377
  I ordered the Roxanne 10/23/13 but nothing came yet....but we'll see.

Thanks guys!!

Hang in there the wait is worth it, IMO, they should get the cable sorted quickly...
popcorn.gif

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #2,495 of 8,377
  yes.. agree with the waiting...it'll come I know it...  I'll be happy with the Roxanne and making eargasm..

Speaking of which, perhaps you might like to get comfortable and prepare yourself for that:

http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/care-and-accessories/ear-lubricants-and-drops/oto-ease/oto-ease-earpiece-lubricant-bottle.html

evil_smiley.gif

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #2,497 of 8,377

Speaking of which, perhaps you might like to get comfortable and prepare yourself for that:

http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/care-and-accessories/ear-lubricants-and-drops/oto-ease/oto-ease-earpiece-lubricant-bottle.html

evil_smiley.gif

LOL goood one, I'll order that!

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #2,498 of 8,377
Hello all. I am not a gloom n doom guy. But. My audiologist will not return my email strike one hmmm

I was dumb enough to order CF. Strike two.

And last I ordered on a preferred list in early oct. Strike three. I'm out.

It's the trifector of doom. It's a good thing I have other IEM,S

Al d

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #2,500 of 8,377
  anyone know if they're using water dipping method for the CF
or are they using the curing method like what car/bike companies do for their CF parts

vs 

Judging by the cosmetic defects in the resin, posted earlier in this thread, and the price of the CF option, I think we can be 99% certain it's real CF, not faked with a water-dipped decal.

Plus, as best I can tell from the pics in that earlier post the fabric weave actually looks like real CF (and I do know what the real stuff really looks like, having worked with it in the past).

But some more pics would help increase my certainty, given that I can't, from those pics, see the overlap areas of the fabric that would occur with real CF.

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #2,501 of 8,377

Judging by the cosmetic defects in the resin, posted earlier in this thread, and the price of the CF option, I think we can be 99% certain it's real CF, not faked with a water-dipped decal.

Plus, as best I can tell from the pics in that earlier post the fabric weave actually looks like real CF (and I do know what the real stuff really looks like, having worked with it in the past).

But some more pics would help increase my certainty, given that I can't, from those pics, see the overlap areas of the fabric that would occur with real CF.

CF can have different looks depending on the type being used. Linear, cross hatch, spiral, etc...
ph34r.gif

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #2,502 of 8,377

CF can have different looks depending on the type being used. Linear, cross hatch, spiral, etc...
ph34r.gif

Sure, but even with a different weave, real carbon still has a particular 'depth' of visible texture, and a very particular sheen (even under resin) in ambient light. Fake CF decals are quite convincing, but they don't respond the same way to the light. Now, as I said earlier, I haven't seen sufficient photos to be absolutely certain, but I'm saying I am quite certain that the CF in those pics appears to be real.

Here's some real CF cloth I happen to have lying around - it's plain-weave, just like the stuff I believe JHA are using on the Roxanne (although they are using a coarser plain weave):

(click on photo to enlarge)

In other news, I think it's damned cheeky for Jerry to still be claiming:

"JH Audio is the only company offering dual -driver technology across the entire frequency range."  (source: jhaudio . com/content/jh13-pro )

That's at least 2 years out of date.

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #2,503 of 8,377

Sure, but even with a different weave, real carbon still has a particular 'depth' of visible texture, and a very particular sheen (even under resin) in ambient light. Fake CF decals are quite convincing, but they don't respond the same way to the light. Now, as I said earlier, I haven't seen sufficient photos to be absolutely certain, but I'm saying I am quite certain that the CF in those pics appears to be real.

Here's some real CF cloth I happen to have lying around - it's plain-weave, just like the stuff I believe JHA are using on the Roxanne (although they are using a coarser plain weave):

(click on photo to enlarge)

In other news, I think it's damned cheeky for Jerry to still be claiming:

"JH Audio is the only company offering dual -driver technology across the entire frequency range."  (source: jhaudio . com/content/jh13-pro )

That's at least 2 years out of date.

how about his pattern? since we are sharing...
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back