New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Oct 11, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #151 of 8,377
  Have anyone wondered how expensive it will be for JH Audio if people who opt for the carbon fiber repeatedly sent back their roxanne for refit? If it's too loose, I'm sure JH can just add another layer of acrylic/resin on it but if it's too tight, does that mean JH have to replace the entire housing? Not sure how refitting works though so my assumptions may be wrong.

That's a really good point.

In terms of refitting a CIEM that is too tight, I wonder if it might be viable to grind almost a millimetre off the surface of the entire CIEM (except the faceplate), then make a fresh investment casting of the customers new ear impression, then partially fill that investment with acrylic, and insert the ground-down CIEM into the investment, so that the liquid acrylic bathes it but the end result fits the new ear impression exactly. (Obviously, one would need to seal the CIEM nozzle first).

I think that might be a viable solution.

Oct 11, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #152 of 8,377
Cost arguments are irrelevant. If you say its too expensive, that's a valid opinion. If you say its worth paying close to $2K for portable in ears, that's a valid opinion. But assuming what it cost to make or saying they are wrong to charge this or that is just hot air unless you have the parts list and all the companies bills. So, do we really need to go several pages on this? 

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #154 of 8,377
I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how new driver and cross over technology has become even more miniaturized to fit 12 drivers into one CIEM.  

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #156 of 8,377
My money's still on having the crossover in the cable. Frees up space in the shell for the extra drivers and explains the four conductor connection.

That would make a lot of sense, to move the crossover circuitry onto the cable where the variable bass controller is.  

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #159 of 8,377
My money's still on having the crossover in the cable. Frees up space in the shell for the extra drivers and explains the four conductor connection.

Quote:

That would make a lot of sense, to move the crossover circuitry onto the cable where the variable bass controller is.  

I disagree. I feel that, particularly in a passive design, the crossover should ideally be as close to the drivers as possible, although I do concede that the 4-core cable design might mitigate this concern in some respects.

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #162 of 8,377
I won't take the customer support teams email seriously during this "oh! hey! we got some thing new that might works" period of product.

You can look into the JH3A thread to see what I'm talking about.

Since the product announcement to what actually you can buy has significantly differ in details and feature. active crossover and JH13+JH3A for example.
Tho adjustable bass knob makes JH13JH3A redundant to JH16 but still its were said it will be available from the product announce.
Who knew if they gonna release some thing like JH3A to Siren cable.

I would keep my finger crossed tho JH seems pretty random on what they do IMO.

Oct 12, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #164 of 8,377
I disagree. I feel that, particularly in a passive design, the crossover should ideally be as close to the drivers as possible, although I do concede that the 4-core cable design might mitigate this concern in some respects.

It might not be ideal, but perhaps that's the only way to get all 12 drivers in the shell, so the trade off is worth it. But I don't have an understanding if why you don't think the arrangement is ideal.

In my mind, making more room in the shell + making the bass adjustment part of the crossover + the new cable design make sense.

Oct 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #165 of 8,377
I hope they sound awesome and especially look forward to comparisons between this and other JH IEMs like the 10 x3 Pro.

The looks on these particular Sirens are great.  One reason I did not go for more of unique look on my 10 x3 Pros is I did not want them to be thief magnets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back