NEW JERSEY meet interest check: (target date: weekend in July)
May 28, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #47 of 87
Let's go ahead and lean towards saturday. It's been winning for a while.

May 29, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #49 of 87
Yeah, I've seen gear sold or traded before, though I've personally never participated. I don't see a problem with that if any vendors want to jump in on this.

May 29, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #51 of 87
Why not? I brought my dad to the Philly meet and one NYC meet and he had a blast.

May 30, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #52 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok sounds good. Whats the story with bringing non-head fi members?

Make sure they don't bring iBuds.
wink.gif

May 30, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #53 of 87
So the Wilshire gave me the room for Saturday July 26th at a nominal charge that I can easily cover, BUT -- there's always a BUT -- I didn't realize the meeting rooms my company uses during the week are NOT available on the weekend (because they are too close to the Wedding Hall and the groups collide), so what they gave me is a small room off the main lobby that basically seats about 12 around a huge conference table. Great for a real-estate close, but unless we are just 6 members, won't do.

Ugh. They wasted my time, and I wasted all of yours. Sorry.

I can't do it tomorrow, but I will reach out to the other two hotels we do business with (Westminster in Livingston and Marriott Courtyard in West Orange) on Monday and see what I can wrangle. I'll do this myself instead of asking our admin to do it; this way I will get an answer fast and post.

That high school trick is looking better.

May 30, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #55 of 87
All right. It's not a problem. That's why we're doing this in two months and not tomorrow! Scope things out and find out what the room size is like. Me and malldian will check out our high schools.

Jun 4, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #57 of 87
All right, work started, I'm busy. I'll get around to contacting my high school sometime soon I hope.

What I need from you all: invite more people, and come forward if you have a solution to a place to have the meet!

I am toying with the idea of having two meets. Since saturday and sunday are both popular and people would miss out on either day, one possible solution would be to have a two-part meet, and have it in two different locations. Easy, right? Drive to one place one day, set up, jam, break it down, go home, and crank it up the next day in another location. We could even do a north/central jersey arrangement this way in theory.

If more people "register" by voting, though, and there's a clear majority, that settles it.

Jun 6, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #58 of 87
I think a two meet idea won't work. It will just split the group and end up with two kinda good meets instead of one great meet.

Jun 7, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #60 of 87
I hope you guys don't mind if I jack the thread for a second, but do any of you know of any hi-fi shops in New Jersey? I'm in Burlington County and I am having a hard time finding any via google.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back