NEW JERSEY meet interest check: (target date: weekend in July)
May 20, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #31 of 87
NYC meets basically went all day with a lunch break (just walk somewhere... wavoman can instruct). I say start in the morning... 9:30am set up time, 10:00am let the fun begin. Some ran until 4:00pm, some until 7:00pm. Doesn't really matter to me. I'll listen to headphones until you tell me to stop.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #32 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll listen to headphones until you tell me to stop.
smily_headphones1.gif

I believe that! Thanks for the times, we'll tell the hotel.

You have me salivating for this. If shipping from Germany cooperates, I should have the new 600 Ohm Beyer 880's by then (Consumer not Pro, I think you could always get Pro 880s in 600 Ohms, but then you got higher N clamping pressure, which I wanted to avoid). I was going to send them out to be recabled, but maybe I'll wait on that.

I would love to A/B them against regular 880's if someone brings those. I have heard the concept that higher impedance is better as long as your amp can drive it, due to superior damping. Would love to test this.

I should have access to an IQube and a Predator for pocket AMPs, and my new 2008 Ultrasone Pro 750's with a moon-audio silver dragon cable.

I don't have any of this yet, but the gods of UPS are with me I hope.

This is all the result of CanJam 08 listening tests and subsequent reseach, the first forrays of a newbie into better headphones ... my first purchases other than Shure 500's IEMs (and Senn PX-100 and PX-200 which don't really count, they are mass market items). If I did it all wrong tell me gently!

It was hard enough to go to Ft. Lauderdale ... I just told my wife about the NJ meet, and the 2 headphone purchase (I "forgot" the cable purchase and the amps are too small to mention, right?). She's not smiling yet, but hey, she had a SHOE PARTY for her women friends, I kid you not.

May 20, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #34 of 87
I should be able to make it on any of the weekend dates in the latter half of the month with enough warning. (Man I need to get a life
biggrin.gif
) I will probably bring the Omega IIs, Rockhopper KGSS and the Cary CD 303-300.

May 20, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #35 of 87
Sounds good. I'm a big fan of the DT880's because they can do one thing better than my Grados, and that's organ music... they do that really well. I'd love to hear the 600 ohm DT880's and compare them as well.

We'll have gear in the second thread and I'll compile a master gear list and all that good stuff. Just be thinking about what you want to bring now. No holds barred, of course.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #37 of 87
Hi, I would be up for a West Orange meet. I live there. There is plenty of bus service to Turtle Back Zoo which is a short drive to the Wilshire Grand. The buses may even stop closer to the hotel. That looks like a VERY nice hotel and its new. I don't have exotic gear, but I would love to participate. I have never been to a listening fest. Hey, Supernothing, I am a Tufts grad.

May 22, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #38 of 87
I'm game. As for locations I am good with anything from West Orange to Califon.

Saturdays are best for me.

Alternatively, I would be able to host at my church in Sparta or my home in Lake Hopatcong though both are a bit out of the way for most if needed.

May 22, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #40 of 87
Wow, didn't know so many of you lived up there. That's crazy. We'll definitely shoot for having one up thataway.

May 22, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #41 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by clauswitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, Supernothing, I am a Tufts grad.

Awesome. It is always great to see other Tufts people. When did you graduate? I am a senior next year.

May 22, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #42 of 87
i live in palisades park, a few minutes away from the g.w. bridge.
i voted for all saturdays. i dont know if i'll be able to bring my stuff but i'd love to see/hear what other nj/ny members have.

May 22, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #43 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperNothing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome. It is always great to see other Tufts people. When did you graduate? I am a senior next year.

My sister is going next year.

May 23, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #44 of 87
Away in Maine for the weekend, back on Wednesday. Keep the thread going and keep advertising!

May 24, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #45 of 87
The Wilshire asked for a firm date, so we gave them Sat. Jul 26 OR Sun Jul 27 based on the poll results. They promised to get back to us on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday). I'm still hopeful this will be free or nominal, since they owe me a favor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back