NEW JERSEY meet interest check: (target date: weekend in July)
May 16, 2008 at 4:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 87

MD1032

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

I'm home from college, and I missed the CanJam, so I'm itching to get in a meet. We'll shoot for a weekend in July because that'll give us time to organize it. I'm anticipating this will be a small meet because there aren't too many of us in NJ, but if we could grab some people from NY that would be cool.

Not sure about the location. I'll temporarily volunteer my house but look into renting a room in my high school to do it in, because we had a meet in Philly once at a high school and it worked out pretty well. I'm located in Howell, NJ, near Freehold, for reference.

Anyway, post away, and let me know what you guys think. I'll put this thread in my signature to attract attention. Go ahead and put it in yours if you are, too.

MD1032

May 16, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #3 of 87
I to missed the CanJam so I was preparing to just wait till the next one again next year. (I hope) I debated on wether or not to go to the CanJam. I had just joined Head-Fi and felt that It might be a bit awkward. I wanted to at least have something to show. But after telling my friend that I missed it he said that if was I looking to spend money on my audio. That I would have had a good chance to see, feel, and hear what I might eventually buy. I also like the friendly responses I get from fellow Head-Fiers. So this might be a good chance to meet new and interesting people. And don't forget all the cool gear to!!
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm anticipating this will be a small meet because there aren't too many of us in NJ, but if we could grab some people from NY that would be cool.

do it on a sunday and close to ny and i should be in, and i imagine a number of other new yorkers would be too.

May 16, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #6 of 87
I'm in. (July 20th is wife's b'day, so that day is tough). I'm in Roseland, but I'll drive anywhere. Hope everyone is not college age, college is a dim memory for me (it was pretty hazy back in its day too, it was the sixties).

Having been to my first Can Jam a few weeks ago, I am about to finally buy, so I'll have gear to bring.

May 16, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #7 of 87
Do it wherever you want in NJ, people will accomodate, and if not, bad for them, I'm in with a few amps if not sold by then...Edition 9's, Klipsch Images, Sleek SA6, HD580 with 600 grills, defoamed, balanced or SE, your choice.

May 18, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #12 of 87
If you're interested, please be sure to vote in the poll when you'd prefer to have it (notice that I allowed multiple choice). Good point, nikongod.

malldian contacted me about having it up where he lives. I'd prefer to have it up where he is because he's closer to NY, so we're going to research options this week. One possibility is our corresponding high schools. At the last Philly meet I went to, we had one at a high school in his teacher's lounge. It was nice, free, and it's a legal right not often taken advantage of!

Keep posting!

May 19, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #15 of 87
My company gives a lot of business to a nice new hotel in West Orange with meeting rooms that are unused on the weekend, I bet I can get one real cheap, and I would cover the fee personally for the joy of being 5 minutes away. But is West Orange (right off Exit 8 of 280) a bad location, not near anything useful?

Should I pursue this, for Saturday July 26th (I have to check a real date) or Sunday July 27th, which seem to be the popular choices (I voted for 'em!) ?? They might just say "no way, no discount", who knows.

Lots of good cheap restaurants and bars nearby. Of course that is true of our entire state, isn't it?

The high school idea is pretty clever too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back