NEW JERSEY 2011 - Saturday, August 6th in East Hanover, NJ
Aug 2, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #76 of 111
Anyone is invited. All I request is that Head-Fi members, whether you're bringing gear or not, post in this thread, and list some of the gear you're planning on bringing.

This is a walk-in friendly meet. Bring any guests you want, tell them to burn CD-R's if they like (usually the preferred medium at meets is a regular audio CD) for listening to their favorite music.

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #77 of 111
i'm bringing two great female (mostly acoustic/live) vocal compilations i made. all of the tracks are of excellent music and sound quality.

Aug 2, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #78 of 111

Quote:
I should be able to make this. I will definitely bring my Reference 7 > SRM-717 > O2MK1 setup.

Wow -- the 717 has two Pro Bias connections, both live.  This means that if I bring my O2MK2 Spritzer Mods (done by Spritzer himself) we can finally do the quick-switch A/B of MK1 vs Sprtizer mod that we have been trying to do for a year.

I have been waiting for Kerry's MK1 to arrive ... but no longer!  ManBeard to the rescue! 

MD1032 and I are also planning a hot-switch A/B of EF-1's with different OpAmps and some 12AU7 rolling, with HD600s. HD800s, and maybe my new used RS-1's.

What else?  I promised to bring K1000s with a PS Audio speaker amp ... my plan was to insert a tube buffer in this chain, but we tried last year with an Aric Audio tube unit and got too much noise -- we ran out of time to fix this.  Will try again.

Aug 2, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #80 of 111
Nikongod is NOT going to be there.

We need a good photographer!!

No one can fill Ari's shoes, but let's try.  Someone please volunteer to shoot the pix.

I'll pay for film and developing.

Yea yea yea ... you'll see ... film will make the same comeback that vinyl did!

Aug 2, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #81 of 111
I can try to get some pictures taken. Likely not on the level of NikonGod, but I have a decent SLR and should be around for a few hours to get some decent pictures. I will try to contribute in any way I can.

Aug 2, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #82 of 111

Quote:
I can try to get some pictures taken. Likely not on the level of NikonGod, but I have a decent SLR and should be around for a few hours to get some decent pictures. I will try to contribute in any way I can.

Thanks!   Post 'em all on the impressions thread after we start it.  Much appreciated!

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #84 of 111
Nikongod is NOT going to be there.

We need a good photographer!!

No one can fill Ari's shoes, but let's try.  Someone please volunteer to shoot the pix.

I'll pay for film and developing.

Yea yea yea ... you'll see ... film will make the same comeback that vinyl did!

I'll be around taking pictures.

Aug 4, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #87 of 111
Thanks MD1032!

I will be there for sure....and I'm most excited about hearing the LCD 2 r2's.....r1's as well......with the RWA Audeze edition amp!

Looking forward :)

-H

Aug 4, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #89 of 111
If anyone is feeling source poor at this meet, and has an amp to spare, I may not be able to bring my DIY amps for this one. If anyone has an extra amp to hook up to my sources (Sony PS-X5 w/ Signet cartridge and Denon DN-C680) I'll bring them, otherwise my gear might stay home this meet (except my headphones, of course!). Of course, pretty much every other setup here is far more impressive than mine anyway. :xf_eek:

Aug 4, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #90 of 111

Quote:
Wow -- the 717 has two Pro Bias connections, both live.  This means that if I bring my O2MK2 Spritzer Mods (done by Spritzer himself) we can finally do the quick-switch A/B of MK1 vs Sprtizer mod that we have been trying to do for a year.

I have been waiting for Kerry's MK1 to arrive ... but no longer!  ManBeard to the rescue! 

Wow that should be a good comparison.

I should also be able to bring my Hifiman EF-5 and Millet MiniMax along with a pair of HD650's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back