NEW JERSEY 2011 - Saturday, August 6th in East Hanover, NJ
Jul 8, 2011 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 111

MD1032

Headphoneus Supremus
The Jersey Boys are at it again. This year's meet won't be at the end of July as usual, but a week later in the beginning of August. Mark your calendars and charge your batteries. Full information is as follows:

Saturday, August 6th from 10:00am to 6:00pm (9:00am set up)

Ramada Conference Center

130 Route 10 West

East Hanover, NJ 07936

973-386-5622

Ground Rules:

1) Shower the morning of the meet to minimize cross-contamination of headphone pads with dandruff and oil.

2) Do not put food or drink on top of other people's equipment, especially drink cups which may evolve condensate. This may sound intuitive...I've seen it all!

My personal advice: Label your personal items, especially headphones. Sometimes things get moved around, usually unintentionally, and we hate to have awkward "Is this my SR225 or yours?" moments!

This meet is not like previous NJ meets. We have two rooms and more than enough room for people to bring as much gear as they feel like bringing. Last year we had excess space because people had forgotten that we didn't have the same space restrictions. Bring your gear, bring it all!

We have tons of fun every year, and last year was no exception. We'll have the traditional Jersey Boy bagels at 9:00am for the early crowd and Macaroni Grill after the meet for the late crowd. Wavoman (Larry) and I (John) will be there the whole time.

In lieu of a raffle this year, we're just doing a donation jar. We don't want to take away from listening time.

Coming to the meet? Post in here! With your probability of attending (yes, no, maybe), and gear you'll be bringing. I'll update the thread daily as best I can with a gear list so people know what is covered.

GEAR
Headphones
LCD-2 (x3)
HD800 (x2)
HD600
HD580
HE6
HE500 (x2)
Stax 404's, Lambda Sigs
Stax SR-A
K1000's (maybe)
K301
HF2 (x2)
HF1
MS1
RS1i
SR325i
SR125 (modded)
SR60 (modded)
SR60 with 325 drivers
Denon AH-D5000
Beyer DT770-250
DT880 (x2)
Denon D2000
ATH-w1000x
O2MK1

Audez’e Edition

Amps
Woo WA5
Woo WA6SE (x2)
Leben CS300XS
Apex Peak/Volcano
EF-1 (x2)
Schiit Lyr (x3)
LD MKVI+
Rega Ear
portables (cmoy, etc)
Cavalli CTH Rev. A
revolink's Not-So-Starving Student Millett Hybrid
Darkvoice 336SE
iBasso P3+
Isabella ("fully loaded")
HeadRoom Balanced Home (Maxed)
Brainwavz B2
ALO "the continental" portable vacuum tube amp
SRM-717
Headroom home

Sources
PS Audio DLIII (x2)
Shandling CDP
Matrix DAC
EMU 0404 USB (x2)
Maverick Audio Tubemagic D1
Audio-GD NFB-12 (x3)
Pure I-20 dock (Ipod)
red wine audio isabellina
iAudio X5
Denon DN-C680
Sony PS-X5 with Signet MR 5.0e
RWA balanced Isabellina DAC/Amp
Sony XA5400ES SACD
ipod 7G
cypher labs algorythm solo
Reference 7

ATTENDEES
MD1032
Wavoman
El_Doug
decur
Kerry
eccarwiz
Wedge (maybe)
Region2
vcoheda
RTFD262
csxcsx
leesure
LiqTenExp
Baba booey
decur
revolink24
BobinNJ
Vinnie R.
Oberst Oswald
sharkz
ManBeard
HPDJ
Benaiir
PeterP

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #3 of 111
I'm in - perfect choice on the date, just about the only one all summer that works for me :)  Look forward to seeing everyone! 

Quote:
Cant make it. Hope you guys have a great time!

what a shame :frowning2: 

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #5 of 111
I can't think of a better way to spend my 20th bday then listening to great music. I'm in! if some could bring a pair of sr225i and hd 25-1 II so I can compare the two and decide which one I want more

Jul 10, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #6 of 111
I maybe attending,

Amps: Woo Audio WA-5, Leben CS300XS, and Apex Peak/Volcano.

DAC: PS Audio DLIII

Phones: LCD-2, HD-800, HE-6

I'll as little or as much as would be suitable or what folks want to listen to, if I can make it.

Also if folks are interested I might be able to convince Todd from TTVJ to come and bring a Pinnacle and Arete.  Might be tough short notice, but who knows.

Jul 11, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #10 of 111
YES YES YES ...  I will be there!   The whole time.   And it is a BIG room, with easy drive-up unloading thru a back "freight" door that opens right in to the room (like last year).  We have 15 tables, easily enough for 30 rigs.

This is a superb VENUE.  Note the hotel (MD1032's original post had the old hotel from a few years ago -- this is the correct info):

Ramada Conference Center
130 Route 10 West
East Hanover, NJ 07936

973-386-5622

We can walk to Macaroni Grill ... and many lunch spots too ... very easy parking, lots of on-site amenities ... WHAT OTHER MEET features free coffee and bagels, and free VELCRO SELF-STICK ROLLS you can custom-cut for cable ties, lashing your portable amp to your PMP, and spicing up your social life (nothing says "I love you" quite like red velcro).

I will have some remarkable audiophile CD pressings, with a cute little compact rig: Shandling CDP / Matrix DAC  s.e. out / EF-1 amp with a sweet sweet vintage 12AU7 / Senn 600s Sliver Dragon re-cable plus Matrix DAC balanced out / Goldpoint Passive / PS Audio speaker AMP / Woo transformer switch between: Stax Lambda Sigs or 404s and maybe my K1000s off the speaker taps (if y'all promise to be careful).

Be there or be square!!

Quote:
is wavoman (larry) coming? ...

Jul 11, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #11 of 111

Quote:
is wavoman (larry) coming? he's a big draw. :)

If you read my first post in its entirety, you'd know!

I MADE A MISTAKE. I corrected the hotel, I can't believe I accidentally used the old one. The new details are posted.

[size=medium]

Quote:
I maybe attending,

Amps: Woo Audio WA-5, Leben CS300XS, and Apex Peak/Volcano.

DAC: PS Audio DLIII

Phones: LCD-2, HD-800, HE-6

I'll as little or as much as would be suitable or what folks want to listen to, if I can make it.

Also if folks are interested I might be able to convince Todd from TTVJ to come and bring a Pinnacle and Arete.  Might be tough short notice, but who knows.

That would be awesome if you could get Todd to come.
[/size]

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #12 of 111

Quote:
I will have some remarkable audiophile CD pressings, with a cute little compact rig: Shandling CDP / Matrix DAC  s.e. out / EF-1 amp with a sweet sweet vintage 12AU7 / Senn 600s Sliver Dragon re-cable plus Matrix DAC balanced out / Goldpoint Passive / PS Audio speaker AMP / Woo transformer switch between: Stax Lambda Sigs or 404s and maybe my K1000s off the speaker taps (if y'all promise to be careful).

Be there or be square!!

You got my promise to be careful.  More demo time with the K1000 would be lovely!  I'm gonna bring over the transformer that spritzer made, if I can try it out against you speaker amp to see how they compare against each other.

Jul 12, 2011 at 4:20 AM Post #13 of 111
man, why does this always end up the date that i have other commitments? well i'll see if i can stop by for a little while on my way to my previous engagement. gotta see if my better half is up for it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back