NEW JERSEY 2011 - Saturday, August 6th in East Hanover, NJ
Jul 19, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #31 of 111

Quote:
Region2 -- I will bring the K1000s.  I have sold the WEE transformer, but will bring the PS Audio speaker amp so we can still do your A/B.  The Senn 600s are spoken for too, so I'll bring something else for the EF-1, Grados most likely.

I'm selling a lot, but buying a lot, so I will have stuff to bring.

Woohoo!  More listening time with the K1000!

I still have the SRD7 (have not yet cannibalized it for parts) so that'll be great to A/B with spritzer's transformer and your speaker amp.  I'm not using a great one, so it'd be good to hear the transformers backed by a much better amp.

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #32 of 111
Awesome, I've never actually gotten a chance to listen to the K1Ks, so I'll be sure to check those out.

Jul 19, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #33 of 111
I'll be there with the following:
Grado RS1i
Grado SR-325i
Grado SR-125 (Modded)
Darkvoice 336SE
iBasso P3+

I'll have to figure out what my sources will be.

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #38 of 111
I'm a little bummed, I just saw this thread and have been dying to get to a local event for a while now. However this is one of the worst weekends of the summer for me, I have at least a company picnic, BBQ, and alumni hockey game.

I guess I will have to wait for another event to determine if I like LCD-2's enough to buy a pair. 

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #39 of 111
Skip something 
tongue.gif

Jul 22, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #41 of 111
Yeah I am reconsidering, especially you have the setup I am interested in with basically the same taste in music. I might be putting off my company picnic for a bit.

I also feel bad because I have nothing worthwhile to contribute equipment wise.

Jul 22, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #43 of 111
Classic Rock (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Dire Straits, etc)
Prog Rock (King Crimson, ELP, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater)
Alternative Rock (Spoon, Cake, lots of new obscure stuff)

Those categories make up a good percentage of my listening. I will throw some jazz or classical in on vinyl every once in a while.

I've been here for years, but as a college student, money was tight for upgrades. Now I would like to go up from my cheap tube amp/Grados/Fostexes and besides meets, there really isn't a good alternative to listen to more high end setups.

Jul 22, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #44 of 111
I am going to have a lot of packing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back