NEW JERSEY 2011 - Saturday, August 6th in East Hanover, NJ
Jul 13, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #17 of 111
I'm going to try to make it...I'd guess about 70% likelihood.

I think Vinnie from Red Wine Audio is already bringing a Balanced Isabellina Amp/DAC, so I'll leave that home and bring...

Amps:
Woo WA6SE (stock)
Schiit Lyr (Mullard tubes)

Source:
Audio-GD NFB-12

Cans:
LCD-2 (Rev1)
HE-500

Will confirm as date gets closer.

Jul 15, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #19 of 111
I should be able to make it for most of the day...

LD MKVI+ (TungSol tubed), bring your 4 pin balanced headphones if you want to try it
Schiit Lyr (IEC Mullard tubed)
Audio GD NFB-12

PS Audio DLIII

Pure I-20 dock
Ipod and computer loaded with flac
Couple WooAudio Stands

Audezee LCD-2
Denon AH-D5000
Beyer DT770-250 ohm  (probably selling soon, if anyone is interested they can pick them up there after listening)

Wedge and I will probably take up a table and combine forces

Jul 17, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #22 of 111
Region2 -- I will bring the K1000s.  I have sold the WEE transformer, but will bring the PS Audio speaker amp so we can still do your A/B.  The Senn 600s are spoken for too, so I'll bring something else for the EF-1, Grados most likely.

I'm selling a lot, but buying a lot, so I will have stuff to bring.

Jul 17, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #24 of 111
This meet has nothing to do with any Marriott hotel!  Ignore any such reference in MD1032's posts; John must be "on the take" from Marriott.

We are at the RAMADA, as in the initial post!!

This is the perfect venue -- huge room, freight/loading door in the back, on-site bar/grill (with smoking area outside), lots of food choices you can walk to, plenty of bathrooms, free bagels and coffee, tons of parking, walk to the dinner place.

We don't need much money to cover the room -- we had donations.  There will be a jar and a (small) suggested amount, with a break for anyone under 25. If you drop somthing in the jar you can help yourself to velcro cable or PMP ties.

No raffles or auctions this year -- takes away from listening time, and it is all about listening.

Private buying and selling is allowed and perfectly OK!!  Bring what you want to sell and put a price on it.  Post it here in advance, and in classifieds if you want.  If you make a lot of money add a little more to the jar.  I will have an internet-connected laptop so people can log on to PayPal.

Jul 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #27 of 111
I'm a complete idiot, don't listen to anything I say! But seriously, I frequently victimize myself by copying and pasting the previous year's info.

I'm going to bring my EMU 0404 USB, EF1, and HF2's and probably a portable rig consisting of my now-ancient iAudio X5, the cmoy I just built, and my HF1's.

Jul 18, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #29 of 111
All, I was unable to get Todd to come out (he has some prior family commitments), however he is sending me something to bring to the meet.

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #30 of 111
Tentatively in for this one!

Some of my gear is already coming, but I'll bring it anyway.

Sources:

Denon DN-C680 (CD)
Sony PS-X5 with Signet MR 5.0e (Vinyl)
E-MU 0404 USB (Laptop)

Amps:

Cavalli CTH Rev. A
Not-So-Starving Student Millett Hybrid (my boutique parts SSMH build)

Headphones:

Grado HF2
Denon D2000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back