New iRiver AK70
Aug 22, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #1,276 of 1,293
I think so. It's a very good DAP with a good form factor and without major flaws. I think it probably only makes sense to buy A&K and similarly priced DAPs after they get an update. I'm happy with it, having moved sideways from a more powerful but not necessarily superior A&K. Still wondering how it compares to the mark II or whatever they call it.

Aug 22, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #1,277 of 1,293
I just grapped a batterie and listened to the retro iRiver. Soundquality is very good. Connected via Mini-USB cable it get instantly recognized by Windows 10 and you can use the file explorer to drag and drop files or create folders on the device storage (512 MB) :grin: To go through all the possible options, eq, etc... using the players buttons is a pain but it was worth.

To get the function so you can use the IFP-795 as a harddrive its necessary to download and install the following firmware.

https://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/12619/

The biggest reason why i keep it: AA batteries can be bought everywhere. This single batterie can nearly entertain you for 2 days if you listen non-stop. Killer feature :robot:

IMG_3646.jpg

The play-screen:

IMG_3648.jpg

Aug 23, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #1,279 of 1,293
I think so. It's a very good DAP with a good form factor and without major flaws. I think it probably only makes sense to buy A&K and similarly priced DAPs after they get an update. I'm happy with it, having moved sideways from a more powerful but not necessarily superior A&K. Still wondering how it compares to the mark II or whatever they call it.
They smash it. Beaten by the first version. Dual dac idea doesn't go beyond marketing.

Dec 28, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #1,280 of 1,293
The USB audio out problem is most likely connected to the 3.5mm jack issue. I just sent you a PM.

having similar issues and been through the steps you advised Malevolent with the same results (i.e. USB still not working)
While I can still use the 2.5mm jack I would like to be able to use USB out for another DAC (Chord Mojo)

any help on this would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Jan 7, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #1,281 of 1,293
Will the AK70 MkII fit in an AK70 case? I can only find cases for the AK70 Mojo combo. I can’t find any cases for the AK70 MkII and Mojo.

Also any comparison between the AK70 with the Mojo compared with an iPhone or AK380, SP1000M, or SP1000 with a Mojo? I really like the sound I get with an iPhone. But usually hate the sound with Android phones.

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #1,282 of 1,293
Will the AK70 MkII fit in an AK70 case? I can only find cases for the AK70 Mojo combo. I can’t find any cases for the AK70 MkII and Mojo.

Also any comparison between the AK70 with the Mojo compared with an iPhone or AK380, SP1000M, or SP1000 with a Mojo? I really like the sound I get with an iPhone. But usually hate the sound with Android phones.
no. AK70 MK2 is slightly bigger than MK1

Jan 26, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #1,284 of 1,293
Hi, I'm new to this. Just wondering if anyone here has had problems with the AK70's playlist not opening? When I try to access it I just get the loading screen, never pushes through to the playlists. Think the problems started around the time I updated the firmware last year, although I cant be sure.

Jan 30, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #1,285 of 1,293
Hi, I'm new to this. Just wondering if anyone here has had problems with the AK70's playlist not opening? When I try to access it I just get the loading screen, never pushes through to the playlists. Think the problems started around the time I updated the firmware last year, although I cant be sure.

I too have this problem where the list of playlists no longer loads and I too think it was around the time of the last firmware update. Trying to get any support for this player seems impossible which is why, despite it being such a good player, I will always avoid Astell & Kern in future.

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #1,286 of 1,293
I too have this problem where the list of playlists no longer loads and I too think it was around the time of the last firmware update. Trying to get any support for this player seems impossible which is why, despite it being such a good player, I will always avoid Astell & Kern in future.
Yep, having not been able to find any info online I contacted AK Q&A which was a total waste of time. I don't think that AK is worse then any other company, me thinks the problem is so few people have these devices there is almost no info available online from users. In English anyway. I love the player though. No regrets.

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #1,289 of 1,293
Hi guys, my AK70 has suddenly stopped being able to be recognized by any computers
When plugging in the USB cable nothing is detected and nothing happens on the computer
I've tried a few different PCs so I don't think its the computer's issue

Have tried a factory reset but nothing changed

Any idea what might be causing this?

Mar 25, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #1,290 of 1,293
Hi guys, my AK70 has suddenly stopped being able to be recognized by any computers
When plugging in the USB cable nothing is detected and nothing happens on the computer
I've tried a few different PCs so I don't think its the computer's issue

Have tried a factory reset but nothing changed

Any idea what might be causing this?
Did you try a usb dac? If that also doesn't work your usb chip is probably screwed up. Well u still can take off the mem card and manage your library in it. Not completely screwed up like mine where the sound was getting distorted after 5 mins of playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back