New iRiver AK70
Dec 30, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #1,261 of 1,293
Hey there Jason. I am new to the AK70 forum and was considering picking up one of these players but I had a question for you. I have a large music library (20,000 or so files). is there a playlist file limitation on this player or would i be able to shuffle and play all 20,000 of my files at once, which is how i generally use my players. I know all files should be recognized in folder or search mode but just wondering if i can shuffle all of my files at once?
@Brian Oneal Yes, you can select by album, artist, genre or songs from the main menu. If you select songs, then play and set shuffle, it will play in random order all songs that are stored both on the device and microSD card.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Dec 30, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #1,262 of 1,293
@Brian Oneal Yes, you can select by album, artist, genre or songs from the main menu. If you select songs, then play and set shuffle, it will play in random order all songs that are stored both on the device and microSD card.
Thanks Jason, i appreciate your support here on the forum. Is there any hardware or software limitation in this situation, say if my library would grow to say 30,000 files or so? I guess I am asking what the cap on the library size i could use in this fashion?

Jan 1, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #1,263 of 1,293
Brian, for me limit is around 1.000 music files per playlist. Any kind of music files (located in every directories) but just 1.000. If I remember correctly, it is the reader himself who shows a message if this limit is exceeded
I have been reading the forum for a week trying to workout which DAP to replace my Samsung Galaxy s music player, I have a 3740 ish playlist on a 64GB card which I keep adding to , I hope I am reading your post that I could still do this with this DAP?

Jan 2, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #1,265 of 1,293
@okw3188

1. Astell&Kern recommends all microSD cards to be formatted as FAT32
2. It should read a NTFS card formatted without issue, but again we recommend FAT32 for best results
3. Are you using a Mac or PC? For a PC, once you connect to your computer, you will see the AK70 as a removable drive. You can copy your music from the folder that the audio files are stored in to the AK70. On a Mac, you must first download Android File Transfer or use another program such as Commander One since Mac OS does not include support for Android-based devices.

Hi Jason,

I have a problem of transferring files to the AK70 using my laptop on Windows 10, after trying out numerous attempts:

1) I have a total of 90Gb files to be transferred to the player. First of all, the microSD cards are formatted in FAT32.

2) The problem with the player is that it can only received files up to about 10Gb in one go and file corruption starts after 3 times of 10Gb transfer.

3) The files transfer look ok when view from my laptop, but once I shut down the player and re-power up, the player, only the folders remain, all files are missing.

4) Tried out on 2 x Scan disk 128Gb microSD and confirm that it is not caused by them.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could validate my steps and advise if I have miss out anything.

Regards
KW.

Jan 6, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #1,266 of 1,293
Hi Jason,

I have a problem of transferring files to the AK70 using my laptop on Windows 10, after trying out numerous attempts:

1) I have a total of 90Gb files to be transferred to the player. First of all, the microSD cards are formatted in FAT32.

2) The problem with the player is that it can only received files up to about 10Gb in one go and file corruption starts after 3 times of 10Gb transfer.

3) The files transfer look ok when view from my laptop, but once I shut down the player and re-power up, the player, only the folders remain, all files are missing.

4) Tried out on 2 x Scan disk 128Gb microSD and confirm that it is not caused by them.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could validate my steps and advise if I have miss out anything.

Regards
KW.

Hi Jason,

I would like to apologise for the confusion that I have caused, as I have finally found the problem i.e. both microSD cards are faulty!

The player is working fine now!

Regards
KW.

Jan 23, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #1,267 of 1,293
Hi,

I would like to seek advise if anyone has successfully tap the digital output of AK70 via the micro USB with an DragonTail – DragonTail For Android Devices and input to Mytek 192 dsd via USB 2.0 input.

Cheers
KW.

Jan 27, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #1,268 of 1,293
Android File Transfer on my Mac is just horrendous to be honest - has so many annoying quirks and makes me really not want to change any files on my AK70 as its that bad. Example 1 - You can't transfer any more files till the current one stops so if its a large amount you want to change you have to get them all in one go or wait like 25 mins for the current one to stop...

Feb 16, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #1,269 of 1,293
Hi,

I recently purchased the AK70 MKII and have an issue with playlists created in Jriver not syncing alphabetically on the DAP. I've tried deleting all data and adding the playlists individually, but nothing seems to work. Thanks for your help in this matter, it's "a makin' me crazy!".

May 18, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #1,273 of 1,293
Tested Astell & Kern AK70

Headphone AMPs (or as a headphone amplifiers)
Simple test reports for "dummies":
Unbalance
Balance
Professional tests report:
Unbalance
Balance
Linear output (or as a linear output)
Professional test report

On-line comparison services with Astell & Kern AK70

Comparison of change the frequency response of joint work of Astell & Kern AK70 with different headphones

Comparison of amplifier voltage and headphone sensitivity for optimal sound playing

Comparison of voltage graphs

Comparison of characteristics:
Unbalance
Balance

Volume comparison:
Unbalance
Balance

Astell & Kern AK70 Unbalance included in list for headphones match to headphones for certain listening conditions:
Unbalance
Balance

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #1,274 of 1,293
I already put this into the AK70 MKII thread but i guess the AK70 will benefit from it too and this request wont be forgotten:

Im really happy with the AK70 MK II... but...

iRiver please bring the EQUALIZER to life

I have an oldie lying next to me on my desktop. iRiver IFP-795 MP3-Player. It runs with a single AA-batterie for a very long time. This small 512 MB storage device got an EQ and its really awesome to play with. Please add this to all of your A & K players.

IFP-795 EQ.jpg

Aug 22, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #1,275 of 1,293
Are these still a good purchase if I can get it at a low price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back