New iRiver AK70
Apr 12, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #1,045 of 1,293
Hi,

the AK70 looks like an interesting device. I've got a question which the manual does not answer: Can bluetooth only be used for phones and speakers or can I also pair it with a smartphone to play music through the AK70 with a physically connected headphone? Has anyone tried this? Thanks!

Apr 12, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #1,046 of 1,293
Hi,

the AK70 looks like an interesting device. I've got a question which the manual does not answer: Can bluetooth only be used for phones and speakers or can I also pair it with a smartphone to play music through the AK70 with a physically connected headphone? Has anyone tried this? Thanks!

You can do that via Wi-fi and DLNA. There is a companion app for that - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ak-connect/id992321025 

Apr 12, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #1,047 of 1,293

Good to know! Thanks!

On the other hand, that probably does not work for other audio than the library (e.g. Spotify, Soundcloud, Youtube...)? I could probably still connect the AK70 as an external DAC with my CCK if I understood the manual correctly?

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #1,048 of 1,293
Has anyone else noticed the AK70 struggles to drive very sensitive IEM like SE846? At first, I found the bass and sub bass to be ridiculously underwhelming when compared to my AK100 MKII (warmer, Wolfson DAC) however the more I listen to it, the better it gets. Either my ears/brain are adjusting to the signature or the unit is seeing a benefit to burn-in. I didn't burn-in the unit artificially, just listened to it for maybe 40 hours total.

It's almost like the unrealistic decay of the BA drivers is further accentuated by the AK70. Maybe I'm struggling with the transition from Wolfson to CS, I really can't put my finger on it.

Wondering if others had similar experience with their units?

It's finally getting to a level where I can say I enjoy the combo and I'm wondering if there's any value in burning in the unit with my PM-3s (which I also need to burn in).

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #1,049 of 1,293
I just got my AK70 earlier this week to pair with my Mojo and so far am generally happy with it except for one thing -- the wifi performance is abysmal. I need to have the AK70 within about 10 feet of my wireless router for it to show full signal, and taking it even into an ajoining room makes the signal fall to one or fewer bars with regular outright drops. Is this normal? 

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #1,050 of 1,293
  I just got my AK70 earlier this week to pair with my Mojo and so far am generally happy with it except for one thing -- the wifi performance is abysmal. I need to have the AK70 within about 10 feet of my wireless router for it to show full signal, and taking it even into an ajoining room makes the signal fall to one or fewer bars with regular outright drops. Is this normal? 

All AK's DAP suffer from this. They're completely metal glass and no RF window, so their antenna has limited range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back