New iRiver AK70
Apr 14, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #1,051 of 1,293
  All AK's DAP suffer from this. They're completely metal glass and no RF window, so their antenna has limited range.

I was worried that was the case. Do you know if it's possible to set up the AK70 to use bluetooth tethering off my phone for an internet connection? That would seem to solve the problem since it and my phone will always be nearby. I'm guessing not but figured it's worth a shot.

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #1,052 of 1,293
  I was worried that was the case. Do you know if it's possible to set up the AK70 to use bluetooth tethering off my phone for an internet connection? That would seem to solve the problem since it and my phone will always be nearby. I'm guessing not but figured it's worth a shot.

Can your phone do wifi tethering?  Most can these days.  I've never tried BT tethering but wifi tethering worked fine.  

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #1,054 of 1,293

All AK's DAP suffer from this. They're completely metal glass and no RF window, so their antenna has limited range.

No, it doesn't support internet sharing via bluetooth. Bluetooth is only for A2DP.

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #1,056 of 1,293
Apr 16, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #1,057 of 1,293
I need help... 
frown.gif

After charging my Mojo and AK70, and reconnecting the micro-micro USB OTG cable, no sound comes out of the Mojo (and the power ball stays off after power up).

Anyone got any idea?!  I suspect the AK70 stopped output sound through the micro-USB.  I am on FW 1.30 which I believe is the latest.
Tried DoP and PCM modes in config... 

HELP......

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #1,058 of 1,293
  I need help... 
frown.gif

After charging my Mojo and AK70, and reconnecting the micro-micro USB OTG cable, no sound comes out of the Mojo (and the power ball stays off after power up).

Anyone got any idea?!  I suspect the AK70 stopped output sound through the micro-USB.  I am on FW 1.30 which I believe is the latest.
Tried DoP and PCM modes in config... 

HELP......

Is the USB Audio button enabled? http://www.richersounds.com/static/manuals/AK70.pdf page 17 #15

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #1,059 of 1,293
  Is the USB Audio button enabled? http://www.richersounds.com/static/manuals/AK70.pdf page 17 #15

It is now... 
confused_face.gif

No idea why it changed when I was charging the stack, and did not remember that one!  Thanks!!!

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #1,060 of 1,293
Compared AK70 to the new iBasso DX200
Had DX80 before. I guess many people will say I'm deaf but I really liked AK70 more. I just like its mids more..how to say it... It's more musical. It's more fun to listen to.
I wanted to wait for the new KANN but I guess I will buy AK70 anyway

BTW can anyone explain me how and why people use it with Chord mojo? I saw many people use it like this. Is it like huge sound improvement? Cuz isn't Mojo standalone DAC. Or people use it as amplifier? I don't quite understand.

Apr 17, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #1,061 of 1,293
Compared AK70 to the new iBasso DX200
Had DX80 before. I guess many people will say I'm deaf but I really liked AK70 more. I just like its mids more..how to say it... It's more musical. It's more fun to listen to.
I wanted to wait for the new KANN but I guess I will buy AK70 anyway

BTW can anyone explain me how and why people use it with Chord mojo? I saw many people use it like this. Is it like huge sound improvement? Cuz isn't Mojo standalone DAC. Or people use it as amplifier? I don't quite understand.

People are bypassing AK70 DAC and AMP completely via digital out, in to the Mojo.

I just got the Mojo two days ago and I'm totally in the honeymoon phase so I'm not a good candidate to sway your decision in any direction.

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #1,062 of 1,293

I guess the logic is like many people wanna play with the mojo but then they need a decent sized "carrier" for their music which suits the mojo's dimensions and has a good battery life. There comes the AK70 as almost the only candidate. It's not like they got the AK70 first and got dissatisfied with its sound so added the mojo to the mix, but instead they probably have the combo in mind when they got their AK70.

The AK70 alone is a great player considering form factor, size and weight, battery life and, surprise, SOUND. Yes to me it sounds pretty incredible on its own.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #1,063 of 1,293

I guess the logic is like many people wanna play with the mojo but then they need a decent sized "carrier" for their music which suits the mojo's dimensions and has a good battery life. There comes the AK70 as almost the only candidate. It's not like they got the AK70 first and got dissatisfied with its sound so added the mojo to the mix, but instead they probably have the combo in mind when they got their AK70.

The AK70 alone is a great player considering form factor, size and weight, battery life and, surprise, SOUND. Yes to me it sounds pretty incredible on its own.

Right on the ball.  I didn't really examine my logic after getting the Mojo a year ago and then the AK70, but you described it quite well.

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #1,064 of 1,293

Now we have the Chord Poly. You snap one to your Mojo, put a 256GB card in it, put it in your pocket and forget about it. All play control happens on your phone (as with everything else nowadays)

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #1,065 of 1,293
  Now we have the Chord Poly. You snap one to your Mojo, put a 256GB card in it, put it in your pocket and forget about it. All play control happens on your phone (as with everything else nowadays)

Trouble is, we don't have the Chord Poly... yet... nor does the Mojo/Poly combo fit in a pocket... and if it does, it's hard to forget it's there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back