New iRiver AK70
Jan 27, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #931 of 1,293
  Hi guys. I am waiting when my AK70 arrived. So, I have a question for people who already bought this DAP: which In-Ear headphones are you using or recomended? Thanks

LZ A4 plus Fidue 2,5mm balanded cable ... Perfect match and best price.

Jan 27, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #933 of 1,293
Whatever favorite IEM you have now, change cable to balanced. You'll wonder why you haven't switch to balanced earlier.

Funnily enough, when I changed my 1Plus2.2 from 3.5mm to balanced termination it sounded worse with my AK300. 
eek.gif

Jan 27, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #935 of 1,293
Ow.. define worse?

My experience, everything just clearer and cleaner with balanced output. Now can't back to SE. Using AK100ii.

I found it added more smoothness to the already smooth mid-range of AK300.

I'm quite happy back on single ended (using other sources) so no harm done. 

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #936 of 1,293
First negative side found... Pausing Tidal and leaving player alone will drain battery rapidly.

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #937 of 1,293

I thought used as DAC connected to PC,  AK70 was only 96 máx. 
But my audirvana shows 192 in green.
Is it capable of 192?

Jan 30, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #940 of 1,293
Hey all, been looking through this thread and some reviews. Can anyone confirm if the EQ issue is sorted? Specifically, the manual EQ settings not the "Pro" preset. It seems like a big thing not to have working, and for so long.

Also does anyone know how far the EQ shifts? I haven't found this in any official documents like the user manual, Astell & Kern website, etc. Judging a bit of info I found online it goes up in 0.5 dB increments (although not sure where that info came from), and from screenshots in the user manual it seems like maybe 10-11 increments, so 5.0 or 5.5 dB total adjustment up or down?

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #941 of 1,293
  RTFM! :D

This is what I mean. When used as a DAC connected to your computer, the max out put should be 24/96 like it´s write in the manual.
The player it self, of course goes 24/192 but not when being used as a sound card for your Mac.

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #942 of 1,293
  Hey all, been looking through this thread and some reviews. Can anyone confirm if the EQ issue is sorted? Specifically, the manual EQ settings not the "Pro" preset. It seems like a big thing not to have working, and for so long.

Also does anyone know how far the EQ shifts? I haven't found this in any official documents like the user manual, Astell & Kern website, etc. Judging a bit of info I found online it goes up in 0.5 dB increments (although not sure where that info came from), and from screenshots in the user manual it seems like maybe 10-11 increments, so 5.0 or 5.5 dB total adjustment up or down?

To my knowledge, nothing has been solved . ASTELL & KERN is NOT demonstrating his willingness for excellence.  I am happy not to have spent too much money here.

Jan 30, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #943 of 1,293
I contacted AK to find out about Tidal and Tidal MQS support. FWIW here is what I got back:

Astell Kern Customer Support

10:25 AM (1 minute ago)
cleardot.gif

​
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Venture Guy

Hi Venture Guy,

The AK70 currently supports standard and hi-fi streaming through Tidal via online mode only. 

MQS support on our products are still TBD at this time.

Regards,

Astell&Kern / iriver North American Customer Service Center

www.astellnkern.com

www.facebook.com/astellandkern

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #944 of 1,293

I have emailed IRIVER/AK regarding the mostly useless EQ and have yet to receive a response. The steps are indeed .5 db with a max of +/- 5 db. Truth be told in most listening experiences I find the EQ happily unnecessary.

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #945 of 1,293
Does Tidal work in ak70 without any issues? I couldn't reactivate my subscription because of Tidal's weird credit card system, so I only tried out Moov service which doesn't work properly. All i see is network unstable popups while my connection is very fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back