New iRiver AK70
Aug 5, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #421 of 1,293
  Everyone,

I just ordered this to pair with my mojo, but I'm not sure which usb cable to use. Can anyone recommend the proper cable?

Thanks

I think something like this Moon Audio Micro-USB-to-Micro-USB would work beautifully.

https://www.moon-audio.com/silver-dragon-form-fit-usb-cable-by-moon-audio.html

Aug 5, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #422 of 1,293
  Everyone,

I just ordered this to pair with my mojo, but I'm not sure which usb cable to use. Can anyone recommend the proper cable?

Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7cm-Right-Angle-to-Left-Angle-Micro-USB-Host-OTG-Cable-for-DAC-Digital-Amplifier-/291627246005

This is sufficient.

Aug 6, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #424 of 1,293
A bit of update with AK70 pairing with various IEM, I really do enjoy the pairing with ATH IM04 and IE800. 

Every time I listen to the IE800 I am amazed on how wide it is. I wish it just had a better fit and there was a cheap way I could try it on balance format.

Aug 6, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #425 of 1,293
Nobody has a dead pixel issue with the AK70's screen?

I got a replacement AK70 -- total 3 new AK70s -- from iRiver, and they all had dead pixels!

iRiver service center person told me that he will contact the headquarters to check whether something is wrong with QC...

What's the chance of getting 3 devices with dead pixels? Not just one but it was 3 then 5 then 3...

To check for dead pixels, turn off your room's light, then connect the device while the power is turned off.
It will display a charging screen with a battery image. Check for any white or any other color pixels.

Aug 6, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #426 of 1,293
Nobody has a dead pixel issue with the AK70's screen?

Looks like that's a no.

Looks like you really hit it lucky, maybe try buy a lottery ticket while you are at it?

Aug 6, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #427 of 1,293
Ak 70 vs AK 300...any opinions?
I'm looking for a new dap :)
Thanks!!

Aug 9, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #428 of 1,293
Hello!
Upgraded to AK70 from Cowon J3.
Thought about AK Jr for a long time. But didn't see much difference between Cowon's JetEffects and Jr. Now I see that Ak 70 really big upgrade. Sound's quality awesome for me.
I don't get battery drain, but I had really annoying little gap on the back glass, it don't fit perfectly to steel body. Somebody have the same problem?
Also little annoying for me warming during playing FLAC files.

For guys who gonna buy this device could recommend check it using something like service menu.
You should go to device menu:

"Settings" -> "System Information" and  tap on "Model number" 5 times (where you see "AK70").

After this you'll see service menu where you can check base functions like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, check different colors of display (test for dead pixels), common and balanced output and something else (I don't understand korean language).

Aug 9, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #429 of 1,293
  Hello!
Thought about AK Jr for a long time. But didn't see much difference between Cowon's JetEffects and Jr. Now I see that Ak 70 really big upgrade. Sound's quality awesome for me.
I don't get battery drain, but I had really annoying little gap on the back glass, it don't fit perfectly to steel body. Somebody have the same problem?

For guys who gonna buy this device could recommend check it using something like service menu.

"Settings" -> "System Information" and  tap on "Model number" 5 times (where you see "AK70").

After this you'll see service menu where you can check base functions like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, check different colors of display (test for dead pixels), common and balanced output and something else (I don't understand korean language).

VERY interesting find!
the service menu is also visible through the same procedure on my AK380.
can somebody translate Korean? I'd love to know what one is able to test with this...

Aug 9, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #430 of 1,293
Hello , i just got my AK70 today, first impressions are very positive, with my ie800 the ak70 has loads of power, in the past i had a ak240 and at least in SE my impression is that the AK70 has more power available, the sound is very enjoyable for the price , is not a qp1r or a pawgold or a zx2 but the ak240 wasn't either...if you want a player that for the price it wont let you down in term of SQ and is very very portable the ak70 is a excelent choice

Aug 10, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #433 of 1,293
Ak 70 vs AK 300...any opinions?
I'm looking for a new dap :)
Thanks!!

If my memory does not fail me, I remember the AK300 being "flatter" (not in terms of soundstage, but in presentation and emotion), being more cold, and less dynamic and musical. I want to compare their technicalities, but honestly the sheer musicality of the AK70 makes it a clear winner over the 300 in my opinion (and I'm afraid my brief demo of the AK300 may cause my technical impressions to be inaccurate).

Aug 10, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #434 of 1,293
  Hello!

Did not know the AK70 has Wi-Fi and bluetooth...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back