New iRiver AK70
Jul 26, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #346 of 1,293
Current draw is dictate by the device, not by the charger. So it is a pure myth if you use higher power charger it will damage the device. Fast charging is also dictate by the device, not the charger.

Hmm I live in Korea and actually called iRiver service number, and that's what they've told me. Recommended using 5v below 2A.

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #347 of 1,293
Hmm I live in Korea and actually called iRiver service number, and that's what they've told me. Recommended using 5v below 2A.

I will post my charging measurement in my review later. No matter high the charger current, AK70 draws less than 1A, only around 900 mA when battery is empty. I will try again using older USB charger, non fast charging, 2A output, and will observe. Btw, highest 5V charger this days only rated around 2.4 A, and theoretically should be save to use. But since AK told you so, I will give it a try. Though as an electronic engineer, I'm confused of the reason behind that advise. Thanks! 

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #349 of 1,293

It's not the DAPs fault, it's the HUGO I'm afraid. It can't receive DSD unless you put it in the proper container. If I remember well

Works fine with my Samsung S4 - S6 edge + via USB OTG using the same files via micro SD card

Phone outputs DSD (DoP) no problem and Hugo's light turns white meaning it reads DSD fine so I highly doubt that it's Hugo's fault. 

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #350 of 1,293
  The DPX1 worked flawlessly on the Hugo but usb output was limited to 192/24 I believe when I tried some DSD files. 

Nope. DP-X1 can stream DSD to most DACs I tried. I have Mojo, will try later. But I think I tried before, no issue streaming DSD from DP-X1 to Mojo. But haven't tried with Hugo.

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #353 of 1,293

Nope. DP-X1 can stream DSD to most DACs I tried. I have Mojo, will try later. But I think I tried before, no issue streaming DSD from DP-X1 to Mojo. But haven't tried with Hugo.

Must be the settings my friend hand his DPX1 during the time we tested it. Can you try it with the Mojo. He has a mojo but I think he he hasn't been able to make it output dsd via USB yet.

If it works for you what settings did you have.

Only iffy thing about the DPX1 is the 2.5mm balance port that falls off...my friend's unit still has the same gap around the port which makes me try to get the AK70 

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #354 of 1,293
  Must be the settings my friend hand his DPX1 during the time we tested it. Can you try it with the Mojo. He has a mojo but I think he he hasn't been able to make it output dsd via USB yet.

Only iffy thing about the DPX1 is the 2.5mm balance port that falls off...my friend's unit still has the same gap around the port which makes me try to get the AK70 

Works with Mojo. Make sure that USB settings are at DoP on your player and not PCM.

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #355 of 1,293

It works with Mojo. 

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #357 of 1,293

i will try later at home. Only brought DP-X1 to office now, Mojo left at home.
In my DP-X1, I set the DSD Output Format to DoP as shown below.

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #358 of 1,293

That is with the new FW, correct? Andy confirmed it didn't work with the original one.

My DP-X1 is up to date.
Onkyo at one time updated the firmware with the release note that they fixed a bug related to USB DAC connection, so depending on how old your firmware is by "original" (some of the newer batch may have newer firmware) I would say there's a possibility that you may have the pre-fixed version.

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #360 of 1,293

i will try later at home. Only brought DP-X1 to office now, Mojo left at home.
In my DP-X1, I set the DSD Output Format to DoP as shown below.

thanks for all the comments guys...well since I don't want to be too OT in the AK70 thread...I hope that the pops, ticks and stutters playing DSD with the AK70 get addressed 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back