New iQube V2 is coming!
Oct 7, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #152 of 183
USB out ----> works fine.
dt880smile.png

Oct 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #154 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well to start with the last question, when leaving it on it consumes more power then when switched off. Further there is no difference.
Either way (on or off) the batteries are charged independent of the switch position and go into dripple charge when they reach near max level.

As with V1 we have a very conservative charging philosophy getting max life out of the batteries. Negative point that it takes longer to reach a good full charge. hence we advise overnight charging.
Rgds and enjoy. Hans.
beerchug.gif

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your reply! If you don't mind, I like to clarify what you have said. It looks like I can conveniently plug the iQube V2 into my computer via the usb input and leave it switched on indefinitely. And this will not significantly shorten the life of the batteries as they are on a very conservative charging program. Moreover, the rechargeable batteries can remain dripple/trickle charged indefinitely without problems. Is that right
ksc75smile.gif
?

Thanks!
cansman

Oct 10, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #159 of 183
Hmmm, my plan is to feed it by another USB DAC and in the mean time, charge it by the the wall charger through USB input.

However, when I do that, there's no sound coming out. And when I un-plug the wall charger, there's sound. Really have no idea about this.

Oct 10, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #160 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, my plan is to feed it by another USB DAC and in the mean time, charge it by the the wall charger through USB input.

However, when I do that, there's no sound coming out. And when I un-plug the wall charger, there's sound. Really have no idea about this.

Please read back in this thread. Yr post nbr 147 and my post 148, thanks.
That explains it.

Rgds Hans.

Oct 10, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #161 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please read back in this thread. Yr post nbr 147 and my post 148, thanks.
That explains it.

Rgds Hans.

Oh, my bad. I kept thinking charging by my laptop and by the wall charger is different.
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 21, 2009 at 11:01 AM Post #164 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many hours can I expect between charge?

Sorry for taking so long to answer.
This is not an easy one answer, or at least not with a fixed number. There quite some variables. What cans to drive, how loud you play.

Suppose you have had a couple of cycles from empty to full charge again (you need this to get the maximum out of the batteries).
And you have a real full overnight charge.

And you run low impedance IEM's, normal volume, analogue input then you should get around the same lifespan as V1 being at least 40 hours or more.
If you run USB it is no issue because it is charged while playing.
Should you however run USB input without a charging it, it should give you at least more then a day. USB circuits consumes more then analogue I am afraid.

Using higher impedance cans and playing with louder volume will drive the usage time down.

I hope this is clear.

Rgds and enjoy. Hans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back