NEW information on JH-3a
Jul 19, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #1,441 of 2,176

Quote:
We post on facebook as a courtesy to those who have not ordered so that everyone stays in the loop.  We reserve the right to police the page as we wish, as you do your own page.  Vulgar posts will be and have been deleted.  As noted in the 3A post, anyone who would like to discuss the 3A further is welcome to call me directly, this also goes for anyone who would like to talk about Facebook etiquette.

Thanks,
Jaime Harvey-Penrod
866-485-9111 x102

Judging by the threads on head-fi about the 3a, those who have ordered don't seem to have been kept "in the loop" over the last year, either.

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #1,442 of 2,176

Quote:
Latest update:

Hey Everyone,

Here is the latest…
We rushed to get the amp shipped due to pressure and complaints.

Thanks,
JHAudio

This is an example of terrible customer service. Blaming the customer when the problem lies with the company is never the right answer. JH has blamed the Chinese manufacturers and the customers. They have never taken responsibility.

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #1,443 of 2,176
No, that isn't what happened at all.

There was indeed unbelievable and arrogant behavior, but it wasn't the customers who are responsible for it. No, not at all.

I know.

It was irony. :D

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #1,444 of 2,176

[size=medium]
[size=medium]
Customers have never been blamed for features being changed.  Most of these changes were made unbeknownst to us by the manufacturer, we clearly have stated this fact in several updates.  We have had to go back to the manufacturer and correct some of these things.  

Customer feedback was taken into account and so we made changes accordingly to improve the unit.  Implementation of some of these improvements were more difficult than imagined and prolonged the wait time.  

These units tested out both in the factory and in our lab.  Therefore, we did not take extra time for beta testing before shipping due to pressure we have been under for a year.  Unfortunately, there are a few remaining issues that have come up that we are working hard to correct.  The manufacturer is working on this and it is not a quick-fix or "jerry-rig".  Our main goal is to ship a great product that will sounds amazing for years to come.
[/size]

[/size]

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #1,445 of 2,176
Jaime,

To hold me over while I wait may I have that girl's phone number that was at RMAF '09?

P.S.  Please!

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #1,448 of 2,176

Quote:

HA I'd love to help you out with that but I can't, sorry!

Fine, but if you could, please tell her I'm cute (I think). 
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #1,449 of 2,176
I have to admit that despite the frustration with waiting for this product over the past year, JH Audio has been really good every time I've been in touch with them.  Jaime is correct about them listening to customer feedback regarding the product.  I had a list of a couple issues with my unit, namely being lowering the bass as well as the floor noise, both of which were taken into consideration and will be fixed/improved.

As of right now my JH3a unit sounds fantastic, but I think it is extremely important for the company to work and make this unit a lot more silent in operation.  Most modern/portable amps out there are pretty close to dead silent, and I believe JH Audio should strive to achieve something as close to that as possible, especially for all the listeners out there that listen to classical / jazz and are more sensitive to noise issues.

In any case keep up the good work.  I have very high hopes for this wonderful project even though there have been several bumps down the road.

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #1,450 of 2,176
Can we learn more about the DAC Jaime?  Can you share any details about what was used and other details behind it?

Jul 19, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #1,453 of 2,176

Quote:
It will work if you want to listen for hiss.

It still makes no sense that you hear no hiss when everyone else with the same recent programming hears it. There is no difference in our amps and clearly you have not received any revised firmware which differs from ours as it has yet to be released. I would love if someone could listen to yours.

Jul 19, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #1,455 of 2,176

I don't understand theis concept of "custom tuned" due to the "shell" etc etc.  The shell is not used as an acoustic chamber, a tube that is glued on to the BAD is the chamber/conduit.

If one was to go through the trouble of "tunning" each CIEM to a 2 CC coupler (industry standard used to mimic an ear canal) it still would not make much of a difference because every one's ear canal is different, in volume and shape. There is no way this can be compensated for....  

Quote:
That won't work.  Each pair of shells are custom tuned to their respective amps, they are not interchangeable without retuning.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back