NEW information on JH-3a
Jul 17, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #1,367 of 2,176
Paypal ftl.

GG do you mean that you paid with paypal?

I still believe you have protection.

The bottom line is a merchant cannot REFUSE to refund purchases on faulty or misrepresented or unfulfilled items. Well, they can refuse but you have rights via your payment vehicle that allows protection to you as a consumer.

Unless anyone paid by cash, you do have a route to refund if you so wish.

Jul 17, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #1,369 of 2,176
I believe paypal gives me forty days until a transaction is not disputable anymore. It's been three months >_<

----------

Your paypal account is linked to your bank account or credit card?

I still believe section 75 protects you. Talk to paypal, talk to your bank or card issuer.

"Additionally we are required to specify a set timeframe in our legal agreements. This lets sellers know that they should keep their postal information and other relevant transaction details for this period. It also reassures buyers that should something happen with their purchase within a 45 day period, they can open a complaint with PayPal.

PayPal’s Buyer Protection offers an additional layer of security, however this does not affect your consumer rights and we advise that you contact the Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards for further information."

Jul 17, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #1,370 of 2,176
Y'all could do a charge back so that somebody will not make this mistake again.  I wonder If JH will not refund because they do not have have the funds anymore??  They probably spend all y'all's money.   I think charge back is warranted.  I'm glad I'm not dealing with this issue. Who ever bought this thing got to be the most gullible irrational people in the world for putting down almost 2k for something that is not made yet.  Think about how much that makes sense. 

Jul 17, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #1,371 of 2,176
Couple of thoughts, I'd like to see the complete and unedited email regarding Jerry's response.

Inthecity didn't you state that you purchased a 3a a few pages back but the email seems to indicate you had not. (I could be mistaken on this, the dangers of reading Headfi on an iPhone)

I'm pretty sure that no one has asked for a refund recently. The refund speculation came up late in the week and I don't think we've seen an answer from HH either way. So can we maybe toss some sand on that fire until they respond. the whole speculation that they don't have the funds is just silly.

Lastly I hope they get these last issues resolved as most that have it seem to be pleased on the whole.

Jul 17, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #1,372 of 2,176
Entire thread:

-----Original Message-----
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:50:35
Subject: Re: Facebook post

You know where I stand.

Jerry

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Date:    Mon, June 6, 2011 12:35 pm
To:      "jerry" <jerry@jhaudio.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for clarifying.

I'm sorry to read the tone.  My CEO would have reached out to the customer and simply apologized rather than defensive posturing.

I enjoy your product, less so the tone of service. I'll keep my opinion to the likes of Yelp and other social media venues and blogs.

When one buys an expensive product, they may care to know the tone of service other's have experienced.

I of course cannot attest to the quality of the JH-3a, I don't have one. As far as I know it has just been delivered, and I'll be quite interested in hearing opinions from owners of same.

Congratulations on product shipment.

Kind regards,
InTheCity

Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 14:57:55

At any time any customer that did not want to ride it out could have  
gotten a refund with no questions asked.

Everyone that has received their amp has loved it.

Keep your speculation to yourself please.

Jerry

Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 11:48 AM
To: 'jerry'
Subject: RE: Facebook post

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for reaching out.

As an owner of your high-end luxury product JH-13 IEMs (the luxury class of which is noted by many reviews on the "Buzz" of your website, though the designation as "holy grail" may denote an even higher exalted demarcation), I appreciate your interest in your customers' opinions.  My opinion is that high-end brands deserve high-end customer service, and when I ordered my JH-13's, and when I submitted in inquiry regarding their fit, I received quick, timely service - adequate and expected.  Thank you.

I was searching for IEMs last fall, and came across the intentions to produce the JH-3a.  I waited a month or two and read in early December some of the story concerning delay in production.  I went ahead and purchased the JH-13 after conferring with Steve Guttenberg on follow-up to his review of JH-13 vs JH-16. 

I have followed many reviews of DAC/Amps, and as such I have been keenly interested in the release of JH-3a.  Once a customer always a customer is my stance - if JHA can produce a quality product to this end, it gets my first vote of confidence.

I hope you would agree that customer service does not end with, nor even necessarily require, purchase of a product. I consider myself a JHA customer for the duration of my ownership of JH-13; however, I hope even the interest in ownership would elicit luxury brand service.

I won't belabor the point by extracting the many customers' opinions shared over the past six months.  Suffice it to say that others seemed to have noticed as did I that something happened along the way, something in the communication process between JHA and its customer base concerning the anticipated long-awaited delivery of the JH-3a.

If anything, the tone was apologetic as customers (in the broad sense, those who had pre-ordered and those who owned other product, and those non-customers who remain just plain interested) tried to elicit feedback from JHA concerning the status of productions, with many customers suggesting ways to appease a growing sense of frustration.

In my opinion, JHA produced their own communication challenges in three ways: JHA didn't listen to their customers' suggestions on ways to improve the communication that would alleviate frustration;  JHA made assertive statements and set expectations that were not kept; and, JHA simply went silent, both to the customer base as a whole and seemingly to the pre-order base (those asking the most questions) or at best, produced vagaries in answer on quantity, timelines, processes, and commitments.

Many companies want to bring  cutting edge products to market, some do, others fail in their attempts. Why do they fail? Who knows, and some of your customers expressed opinions, concerns, frustrations.  Communication is a necessary part of success, and high-end customer service a part of luxury brands. Maybe the most important part. A customer may not be happy, but they will almost always be understanding when they are kept abreast of developments with whys and wherefores explained, expectations reset, and the curtailing of 'just trust us' sentimentalities. Unfortunately, I believe JHA continues to believe they met these high standards of communication; more unfortunately, many customers' views from outside attest otherwise.

I hope JHA takes to heart the seriousness in which customers view their relationship with JHA - a two way street in which customers pledge loyalty and money in return for quality product and high service levels...a win-win relationship if handled well.

Again, thank you for reaching out.  If you would like my opinion on how I believe your customer service team could have nipped in the bud some of the initial frustration through a few simple actions, please let me know.

Kind regards,
InTheCity

Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 9:57 AM
Subject: Facebook post

Hi InTheCity,

It has come to my attention that you are posting negative comments both online and on our facebook page.

The last post was about your speculation of the financial state of JH Audio. Your statement is false and is not founded on any fact. 
Secondly I don't think you have even participated in the pre order process of the amps.

This in my mind gives you no reason to criticize our company or our progress in bringing to market a product that is cutting edge and never has been done before.

Feel free to call me  anytime if you would like to discuss anything with me in person.

Otherwise please refrain from speculation that you know nothing about because I take this as a personal attack.

Best regards,

Jerry  

Jul 17, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #1,373 of 2,176

Quote:
Inthecity didn't you state that you purchased a 3a a few pages back but the email seems to indicate you had not. (I could be mistaken on this, the dangers of reading Headfi on an iPhone)

No, I didn't state such. I bought the JH-13 in Feb because I didn't want to wait to have IEMs, and on the expectation that I would be able to get them retrofitted on the JH-3A at release. I've been following the JH-3a since Dec when I first started learning about and evaluating IEM and DAC/Amp options.

Jul 17, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #1,374 of 2,176
Inthecity,

What is/are the post(s) that Jerry is referring to regarding "speculation?"

To be fair to JH, I think it would have been better if you had included the entire thread rather than an edited version in your original post... 

Jul 17, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #1,375 of 2,176
...still not feeling great about how the whole email thing went down. JH comes off looking a bit better when the whole conversation was posted however it still doesn't cause me to feel an extra confidence in JH's assessment of how the consumers are feeling and what needs to be done to help the situation.

Jul 17, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #1,376 of 2,176
Apologies for not posting entire thread as it took some time between email accounts to produce the entire thread. Regardless, as requested, it's posted.

Regarding speculations, they were concerning the pre-order customer investment with this product.

Jul 17, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #1,377 of 2,176
I'm finally enjoying some of the marvels of this system but here are some of the on going issues I'm wrestling with.  Note I'm not bashing JHA at all.  I'm just noting the real problems I am facing to see others share my problems. 

Amp/dsp/dac Issue:
Turn on amp/dsp, on several occasions but there is no pop, no blue led light indicating digital signal and there is no sound coming from the amp to IEM. 

Gain Issues:
1. Pops when turned on and fizzes and sizzles until it settles into a low hiss.
2. When gain dialed all the way down, there is still some moderate volume. Sometimes when dialed down, there is no sound.  But now most of the time, there is sound when turned all the way down. 
3. Right before the volume is set to the lowest setting, volume begins to distort, almost like a short.
4. Volume gain on digital is so set so high that it almost goes from moderate to high with nothing in between.
5. Volume gain on analogue is almost the opposite. It’s set a too low compared to the digital gain. On some of the songs, it is turned up almost to it's limit. 

Battery Issues:
1. I might be experiencing some battery issues also…but need more time to evaluate the problems. It might be losing charge too fast and taking too long to charge. 

Not that this post matters because once AGAIN this thread needs to be locked. It has completely degenerated into issues which are orthogonal to the JH3A product.

Here are my list of issues:

1) Noise floor is noticeable (no black background)

2) The distorted sound when put on the lowest *audible* setting This has gone away with a full charge ans I suspect this is a power issue. If you are low-ish (?) on power, listening on extermely low volume causes a slightly distorted sound. Its either that OR there isn't some programming to cut the sound unless a certain feq spectrum is achieved.

3) The gain using USB is too high for normal listening.

The sound is really spectacular. Absolutely one of the best sounding systems on the market (I hope fellow JH3A owners feel the same way).

If anyone has any specific questions about the JH3A regarding its sound, form factor, cables, etc., feel free to PM me.

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #1,378 of 2,176

Quote:
Entire thread:

Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:50:35

You know where I stand.

Jerry

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Date:    Mon, June 6, 2011 12:35 pm
To:      "jerry" <jerry@jhaudio.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for clarifying.

I'm sorry to read the tone.  My CEO would have reached out to the customer and simply apologized rather than defensive posturing.

I enjoy your product, less so the tone of service. I'll keep my opinion to the likes of Yelp and other social media venues and blogs.

When one buys an expensive product, they may care to know the tone of service other's have experienced.

I of course cannot attest to the quality of the JH-3a, I don't have one. As far as I know it has just been delivered, and I'll be quite interested in hearing opinions from owners of same.

Congratulations on product shipment.

Kind regards,
InTheCity

Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 14:57:55

At any time any customer that did not want to ride it out could have  
gotten a refund with no questions asked.

Everyone that has received their amp has loved it.

Keep your speculation to yourself please.

Jerry

Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 11:48 AM
To: 'jerry'
Subject: RE: Facebook post

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for reaching out.

As an owner of your high-end luxury product JH-13 IEMs (the luxury class of which is noted by many reviews on the "Buzz" of your website, though the designation as "holy grail" may denote an even higher exalted demarcation), I appreciate your interest in your customers' opinions.  My opinion is that high-end brands deserve high-end customer service, and when I ordered my JH-13's, and when I submitted in inquiry regarding their fit, I received quick, timely service - adequate and expected.  Thank you.

I was searching for IEMs last fall, and came across the intentions to produce the JH-3a.  I waited a month or two and read in early December some of the story concerning delay in production.  I went ahead and purchased the JH-13 after conferring with Steve Guttenberg on follow-up to his review of JH-13 vs JH-16. 

I have followed many reviews of DAC/Amps, and as such I have been keenly interested in the release of JH-3a.  Once a customer always a customer is my stance - if JHA can produce a quality product to this end, it gets my first vote of confidence.

I hope you would agree that customer service does not end with, nor even necessarily require, purchase of a product. I consider myself a JHA customer for the duration of my ownership of JH-13; however, I hope even the interest in ownership would elicit luxury brand service.

I won't belabor the point by extracting the many customers' opinions shared over the past six months.  Suffice it to say that others seemed to have noticed as did I that something happened along the way, something in the communication process between JHA and its customer base concerning the anticipated long-awaited delivery of the JH-3a.

If anything, the tone was apologetic as customers (in the broad sense, those who had pre-ordered and those who owned other product, and those non-customers who remain just plain interested) tried to elicit feedback from JHA concerning the status of productions, with many customers suggesting ways to appease a growing sense of frustration.

In my opinion, JHA produced their own communication challenges in three ways: JHA didn't listen to their customers' suggestions on ways to improve the communication that would alleviate frustration;  JHA made assertive statements and set expectations that were not kept; and, JHA simply went silent, both to the customer base as a whole and seemingly to the pre-order base (those asking the most questions) or at best, produced vagaries in answer on quantity, timelines, processes, and commitments.

Many companies want to bring  cutting edge products to market, some do, others fail in their attempts. Why do they fail? Who knows, and some of your customers expressed opinions, concerns, frustrations.  Communication is a necessary part of success, and high-end customer service a part of luxury brands. Maybe the most important part. A customer may not be happy, but they will almost always be understanding when they are kept abreast of developments with whys and wherefores explained, expectations reset, and the curtailing of 'just trust us' sentimentalities. Unfortunately, I believe JHA continues to believe they met these high standards of communication; more unfortunately, many customers' views from outside attest otherwise.

I hope JHA takes to heart the seriousness in which customers view their relationship with JHA - a two way street in which customers pledge loyalty and money in return for quality product and high service levels...a win-win relationship if handled well.

Again, thank you for reaching out.  If you would like my opinion on how I believe your customer service team could have nipped in the bud some of the initial frustration through a few simple actions, please let me know.

Kind regards,
InTheCity

Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 9:57 AM
Subject: Facebook post

Hi InTheCity,

It has come to my attention that you are posting negative comments both online and on our facebook page.

The last post was about your speculation of the financial state of JH Audio. Your statement is false and is not founded on any fact. 
Secondly I don't think you have even participated in the pre order process of the amps.

This in my mind gives you no reason to criticize our company or our progress in bringing to market a product that is cutting edge and never has been done before.

Feel free to call me  anytime if you would like to discuss anything with me in person.

Otherwise please refrain from speculation that you know nothing about because I take this as a personal attack.

Best regards,

Jerry  

Thanks for posting City. Know you have other context and not sure how others feel, but IMO Jerrys tone is significantly different in weight in this exchange than originally inferred. 

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #1,379 of 2,176

Quote:
but IMO Jerrys tone is significantly different in weight in this exchange than originally inferred. 

I'll have to agree there.  I'm glad I waited for the whole exchange before updating the consumer experience thread.  I still don't agree w/ the notion of being above critique but his tone is certainly more balanced.  I am glad he offered to discuss things over the phone personally.  I wish they didn't see some constructive criticism as personal attacks and would open up rather than go into defensive 'turtle' mode.  

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #1,380 of 2,176
Inthecity received an unsolicited email from JH because he was perceived to have criticised JHA?

Wow.

Just wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back