NEW information on JH-3a
Jul 16, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #1,336 of 2,176

Quote:
 I think he should just refund everyones money and say I'm done with this product.

I hope this does not happen. I was very, very close to pulling the trigger earlier this year, but figured I would wait it out for a bit, just in case, and hope that they would not raise the price for "version 2". I'm glad I did (hindsight is what? 20/20?) BUT I am still planning on purchasing this product as soon as JHA has their ducks in a row. I would like to thank all the investors (early customers) for taking the chance and being patient as some of the issues get resolved, so that customers like myself can reap the benefits of a totally finished system, hopefully soon! I understand that "that's not the way it's supposed to be, early customers are NOT investors and should not have to deal with these issues, etc etc"; but a lot of you guys did take a pretty blind leap on faith alone and nothing more, and if you were not prepared for a few bumbs along the way, you maybe should have waited for a bit, like I did. Anyway, thanks to all of you who took the jump early, and I for one hope this is just the beginning of the JH3A story.

Jul 16, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #1,337 of 2,176
Agreed. As exhausting as this process has been, I hope JHA stick with it and perfect the unit.
Considering all that has transpired however, it is my personal opinion that they should offer full refunds to those who are not satisfied with the unit due to it's obvious changes & faults,
and,
write a personal thank-you note/email to all customers who stayed through the entire process, effectively helping the product get off the ground. (as opposed to almost no personal contact/updates),
and,
offer to reimburse all postage fees for too and fro-ing due to faults. 

I struggle to understand why this isn't part of their practice, maybe that's just me.

Any more impressions??

Jul 16, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #1,338 of 2,176

Quote:
Agreed. As exhausting as this process has been, I hope JHA stick with it and perfect the unit.
Considering all that has transpired however, it is my personal opinion that they should offer full refunds to those who are not satisfied with the unit due to it's obvious changes & faults,
and,
write a personal thank-you note/email to all customers who stayed through the entire process, effectively helping the product get off the ground. (as opposed to almost no personal contact/updates),
and,

I struggle to understand why this isn't part of their practice, maybe that's just me.

Any more impressions??

agree completely.

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #1,339 of 2,176

Quote:
and,
and,

Any more impressions??

i respect jha because they make a great sounding custom, but i highly doubt youll get type of thank you, sincere apology (not just the generic one they MIGHT do), or reimburse any postage fees.  when i ordered my 1200$ jh16s, i asked if i could rock a free tshirt for them... a 2$ shirt + silk screening.. maybe 3-4$ total, and of course they said no free shirts. at that point, i knew what kind of company they would be and didnt expect any more from them.  

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #1,340 of 2,176
@caracara x2.

i bought the jh13 - great IEMs, during the Thanksgiving 15 percent off sale, together with an extra cable.  I added the box to it a day or two later.  When I asked if they could apply the 15 percent off to the box, i got a short and sweet "no" from brittany.   when i used one of their recommended audiologists, and the fit wasn't right, i went back to the audiologist, who started "shaving" one of the earphones, but it still didn't fit.  i then emailed jh, and i was told that i had violated the terms of the warranty by allowing their authorized (named on their website) audiologist to tinker with the earphones, but that they would "just this once" let it slide.  i had no idea that this wasn't allowed - i even asked the audiologist if this would harm the warranty, and he said no - since he was one of their named audiologists, i let him do it.  i ended up going to beth orliss, shelled out more money to redo the fit (beth was great and discounted the price because of this).

the safest approach with jh audio is to buy their stuff (best to try it out at a meet, even with universals), but don't expect anything more than that from them.  jh audio is pure business, period.   if the product sounds great, be happy.  having read some posts either here or on the other site, if you need repairs, it could be a big problem.   (sigh)

contrast that to the much maligned sennheiser, who bent over backwards to replace the HD800s i had bought "new" from one of the well-known dealers at head-fi once i was able to verify that he had in fact sold me a pre-registered (used) HD800.  they even sent me the new cans before i returned the "used" ones, and never took my credit card number, no questions asked, and because i was going out of town in two days, they express shipped them to me.

'nuff said.

Jul 16, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #1,341 of 2,176
@caracara x2.

i bought the jh13 - great IEMs, during the Thanksgiving 15 percent off sale, together with an extra cable.  I added the box to it a day or two later.  When I asked if they could apply the 15 percent off to the box, i got a short and sweet "no" from brittany.   when i used one of their recommended audiologists, and the fit wasn't right, i went back to the audiologist, who started "shaving" one of the earphones, but it still didn't fit.  i then emailed jh, and i was told that i had violated the terms of the warranty by allowing their authorized (named on their website) audiologist to tinker with the earphones, but that they would "just this once" let it slide.  i had no idea that this wasn't allowed - i even asked the audiologist if this would harm the warranty, and he said no - since he was one of their named audiologists, i let him do it.  i ended up going to beth orliss, shelled out more money to redo the fit (beth was great and discounted the price because of this).

the safest approach with jh audio is to buy their stuff (best to try it out at a meet, even with universals), but don't expect anything more than that from them.  jh audio is pure business, period.   if the product sounds great, be happy.  having read some posts either here or on the other site, if you need repairs, it could be a big problem.   (sigh)

contrast that to the much maligned sennheiser, who bent over backwards to replace the HD800s i had bought "new" from one of the well-known dealers at head-fi once i was able to verify that he had in fact sold me a pre-registered (used) HD800.  they even sent me the new cans before i returned the "used" ones, and never took my credit card number, no questions asked, and because i was going out of town in two days, they express shipped them to me.

'nuff said.

I'm a bit ambivalent on their business practice. They are infact a small company with a not-so-high revenue and I would understand that they would need to cut the line on how "friendly" they should be to customers so that they could maximize their revenue; if they should happily replace all orders, fill all errors, and use express or overnight shipping only because of the customers' personal reasons, they will lose valuable $$$ from their profits. Versus a company like Sennheiser, whose revenue is just over 400 million dollars, I'd think JH Audio's actions are quite warranted, although I would've appreciated a bit of that "extra mile" from such a personal, and down-to-earth company.

Again, I'm thinking in Jerry's shoes, as I have stated in earlier posts. My 2 cents.

The above is a completely different animal from the JH3A communication issue; I totally agree JHA should offer refunds to those who want to back out... I only preordered because at that time (April) they had announced that they will be shipping in "a couple weeks" but here we are, three months later.

Jul 16, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #1,342 of 2,176
their revenue might be lower, but their profit margins are great ( i would assume ) as is any other company that makes their own product.  i think peopel have this misunderstanding that these companies are "just barely" making a profit.  i assure you, cable companies, custom companies, and all other companies that make/produce their own product have a higher profit margin than you think. 

a free tshirt here, proper CS there wont break a company. 

Jul 16, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #1,343 of 2,176
I think one word replies, inflexibility when it comes to substantial orders (in the order of 1000 dollars and up), etc., speak for itself.   I know a lot of small businesses that will go the extra inch (if not mile) for their customers, on much, much smaller orders.   But again, when buying from JH Audio, or any other dealer, we're not buying friendship - it's a plain business transaction, certainly no more, and, per some of the customer complaints I've read about, sometimes less.  

One of the biggest "selling points" JH Audio has or has had is that it is not like those big companies.  Having just spent an unproductive hour on the phone with Verizon, it's clear that the size of the company doesn't determine the level of customer service they can or will provide.   All the more reason to respect a company like Sennheiser and question the customer service of JH Audio.   

Again, I'm not knocking the product itself, but simply commenting on my experience (and some of other folks' reported experiences) with JHA and other companies that cater to our hobby.

Jul 16, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #1,344 of 2,176
[size=medium]I’d like to thank many people here for helpful information in this forum.  I’ve been watching JH3A threads since my pre-purchase last June, but this is my first post.  My 3A arrived this week.  Over the last year, several people here have asked about protective solutions for their 3A. I wrestled with the same question.  I'm using my 3A with a CLAS. Stacked, these two fit perfectly into an Otterbox 3500 (with room for cables) as you can see from the pictures.  It was a little tedious picking out the foam parts to get a perfect fit, but if others decide to go this route, I hope the close-up helps as a template.  On a related note, I also needed to find a digital RCA to TRRS  cable to connect the CLAS and 3A so I enlisted the help of my favorite cable maker, Jena Labs, to build one for me.  I just received it last night and I'm eager to let it burn in along with the 3A and get down to some serious listening. Cheers[/size]

[size=medium][/size]

Jul 16, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #1,345 of 2,176
[size=medium]I’d like to thank many people here for helpful information in this forum.  I’ve been watching JH3A threads since my pre-purchase last June, but this is my first post.  My 3A arrived this week.  Over the last year, several people here have asked about protective solutions for their 3A. I wrestled with the same question.  I'm using my 3A with a CLAS. Stacked, these two fit perfectly into an Otterbox 3500 (with room for cables) as you can see from the pictures.  It was a little tedious picking out the foam parts to get a perfect fit, but if others decide to go this route, I hope the close-up helps as a template.  On a related note, I also needed to find a digital RCA to TRRS  cable to connect the CLAS and 3A so I enlisted the help of my favorite cable maker, Jena Labs, to build one for me.  I just received it last night and I'm eager to let it burn in along with the 3A and get down to some serious listening. Cheers[/size]

[size=medium][/size]

You just made my day!

Jul 16, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #1,348 of 2,176
MusicPDX,,, what kind of camera do you use? Almost all current models have a macro mode. (not trying to be a j*kass or state the obvious, but just in case yours does)

JHA product: other than JH-3a, most if not all of us consider JHA to produce stellar quality products.  I agree with earlier post, we all HOPE the JH-3a will ultimately also be stellar quality in all respects, and happy for those who have received theirs and find primo sound.

JHA business practice:  short sighted, small minded and clearly lacks business acumen at least as concerns JH-3a development/delivery. Very few people suggest free product or refund just for the sake of free product or refund. As someone pointed out, they are in business to make money - they provide product for dinero. However, what is rightly suggested is due compensation or refund for ongoing JH-3a product problems.  If someone purchased today after reading all the threads, that consumer accepts the problems.  However, for pre-orders on clearly stated JH-3a expectations of functionality, quality, and delivery,,,, shame on JHA: consumers are NOT the ones who signed up for risk in this venture (unless said risk was clearly stated up front which it wasn't).

JHA bashing: Please, we are not raging. We are frustrated. WE WANT JHA TO SUCCEED with this product AND as a company. But JHA ambivalence to ALL that has transpired on these threads, ALL the customer comments on what would reduce our frustration, is totally and completely ignored, and this small minded short sighted non-action has nothing to do with their revenues or financial commitments (or even time - I've seen plenty of JHA FB posts highlighting many non-JH-3a topics, holidays taken, etc). Good customer service as reflected in proactive, cost-free communication is a no-brainer for a company that wishes to succeed. 

Customer bashing:  Everyone appreciates product pictures, reviews, and performance opinions and suggestions on stack set-ups and equipment. What is not necessarily appreciated were the unabashed, unfounded, give-JHA-benefit-of-the-doubt statements excusing the poor management of this product AFTER MONTHS of delays and missed expectations.  First few times? Fine- let's all give JHA benefit of the doubt because we know they are trying.  Again, we ALL WANT JHA TO SUCCEED. Who doesn't???? But yes, one finally needs to drop the rose tinted glasses and call a spade a spade,,, for all their trying, the expected product is not being delivered (unless we want to accept some forced compromises)

It is telling that JHA, after rave press a year ago about this product, has made no, none, zip, nada, zero public statement expressing a big "WHOOO-HOOO congratulations we did it!".

Jul 16, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #1,349 of 2,176
I'm curious - has anyone really tried to have a "heart to heart" for lack of better expressions,  with anyone at JH and just laid it out to them.. something to the effect of .. look we are all rooting for you here, we really are,  but we need more from you... we really need  you to help give us some confidence in this product because right now many of us feel like we may never see the product we ordered, or we may end up in a long cycle of quality issues and regret the day we made this purchase.. all it would take is some communication.. etc. etc...

I know lots of us are upset and complaining loudly on this thread, myself included, but i dont really know how many people have actually reached out to JH over the phone or in person beyond possibly just venting thier frustrations. 

I feel a little awkward calling and trying to engage this kind of conversation b/c they dont know me from joe schmo but i'm seriously considering it.  I dont know if i feel comfortable just sitting back, crossing my fingers, and hoping this works out.    Venting on a forum hoping they get our hints is one thing but i think if i really wanted to communicate with them, getting angry and confrontational is not something i feel comfortable with. 

Jul 16, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #1,350 of 2,176
You already told them as I am pretty sure hey monitor the thread.

I hope you guys get what you want, I'd be curious to hear your amps along with mine just to see if I am just say to please or if your amps are radically different

Users who are viewing this thread

Back