New Inear Prophile-8
Nov 26, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #151 of 786
Might be slightly off topic, but where did you get the balanced cable for the SM9? I can't seem to find anywhere that ships to the US for the  new Sony balanced. My WM1Z just came in and I'm excited to try it with the Prophile 8.
I bought it in China. Sellers had it. But bear in mind this cable is only MMCX. Beat Audio told me they will have the 4.4mm in a week and will ship anywhere. Contact them.

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #152 of 786
It's going to be a good week. The Prophile 8 just arrived at the same time as the Zeus XR Adel. UPS and FedEx must have thought my birthday was today instead of tomorrow. I haven't listened to the 8 yet, but it is clear InEar still produces the best fitting universal IEM. 

Nov 28, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #153 of 786
It's going to be a good week. The Prophile 8 just arrived at the same time as the Zeus XR Adel. UPS and FedEx must have thought my birthday was today instead of tomorrow. I haven't listened to the 8 yet, but it is clear InEar still produces the best fitting universal IEM. 

Wow! Looking forward to your comparison, although I guess with that price difference the Zeus must take the edge over the Prophile. Also, I saw you have the Andromedas ... would you be so kind to compare them too with the Prophile 8?

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #154 of 786
Wow! Looking forward to your comparison, although I guess with that price difference the Zeus must take the edge over the Prophile. Also, I saw you have the Andromedas ... would you be so kind to compare them too with the Prophile 8?

Price difference doesn't guarantee any "edge" when you're in that kind of pricerange.
It's about tuning and personal preferences, which is why sound description matters more than absolute judgement.
Let's stop introducing biaises by prices, this is just helping manufacturers milking cows / customers more and more with insane prices.

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #155 of 786
Price difference doesn't guarantee any "edge" when you're in that kind of pricerange.
It's about tuning and personal preferences, which is why sound description matters more than absolute judgement.
Let's stop introducing biaises by prices, this is just helping manufacturers milking cows / customers more and more with insane prices.

You are right. I should have added this emoji :wink: after speaking about money! ... especially when seeing what o-bravo is doing with their new IEM's (extremely high price but low SQ)

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #156 of 786

Sure thing. It might take a few weeks since I had an IEM buying spree recently. I need to space out which ones to use and test. 

I agree. I try to not let price impact my preference of SQ. The Andromeda, Vega, and iBasso IT03 are good examples of IEMs that could have a much higher sticker price and I wouldn't have thought anything of it. One of the only IEMs that I own that have negative value for price is the KSE1500 just because they are really not portable/comfortable to me. They sound amazing though. 

Back to the Prophile 8, I listened to them briefly with no switches turned on, and I am really enjoying them. I've only had about an hour of listening so far so I have yet to draw any major impressions, but so far the sound stage really stands out.  The width is incredible. I'm hoping to get a few hours of uninterrupted listening tonight. 

Nov 28, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #157 of 786
Thank's for pointing this fact. I'm always very surprised to see many saying an iem is in another league just cause of the price or it's not a fair comparison cause of the price. This will only encourage the price hike from manufacturers.

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #158 of 786
Hi everyone this is Owen from Hong Kong! Came across with this Prophile 8 thread and really excited about the new flagship model from Inear! I previously owned the SD2 and SD4 and they are both great iem, their sound signature, finishing and fit are one of the top iems I have ever experienced! Great work from Inear indeed! Looking forward to listen to the Prophile 8 demo!

I have been on head-fi for a while but seldom post on threads. I am posting today just to express my very bad experience at a local dealer store KingSound. I have heard that KingSound is the exclusive dealer of the Inear products here in Hong Kong. So I went to their store and asked about the Prophile 8, but then I was first given a cold shoulder by the staff, followed by a really rude reply telling me that " STOCK ARE NOT YET ARRIVED !!" I am not sure what was going on but I seriously got offended by the way I was treated. I don't think I will ever purchase anything from KingSound in the future.

I am posting here to address this issue and hoping Inear will see this. Because I think it would be a shame that such great iems not being able to get spread out and shared due to the poor manner provided by the staffs at the local dealer stores.  

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #159 of 786
  Hi everyone this is Owen from Hong Kong! Came across with this Prophile 8 thread and really excited about the new flagship model from Inear! I previously owned the SD2 and SD4 and they are both great iem, their sound signature, finishing and fit are one of the top iems I have ever experienced! Great work from Inear indeed! Looking forward to listen to the Prophile 8 demo!

I have been on head-fi for a while but seldom post on threads. I am posting today just to express my very bad experience at a local dealer store KingSound. I have heard that KingSound is the exclusive dealer of the Inear products here in Hong Kong. So I went to their store and asked about the Prophile 8, but then I was first given a cold shoulder by the staff, followed by a really rude reply telling me that " STOCK ARE NOT YET ARRIVED !!" I am not sure what was going on but I seriously got offended by the way I was treated. I don't think I will ever purchase anything form KingSound in the future.

I am posting here to address this issue and hoping Inear will see this. Because I think it would a shame that such great iems not being able to get spread out and shared due to the poor manner provided by the staffs at the local dealer stores.  

I am sure the InEar community in HK will spread the word on its due date!!!

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #160 of 786

I have been on head-fi for a while but seldom post on threads. I am posting today just to express my very bad experience at a local dealer store KingSound. I have heard that KingSound is the exclusive dealer of the Inear products here in Hong Kong. So I went to their store and asked about the Prophile 8, but then I was first given a cold shoulder by the staff, followed by a really rude reply telling me that " STOCK ARE NOT YET ARRIVED !!" I am not sure what was going on but I seriously got offended by the way I was treated. I don't think I will ever purchase anything from KingSound in the future.

I am posting here to address this issue and hoping Inear will see this. Because I think it would be a shame that such great iems not being able to get spread out and shared due to the poor manner provided by the staffs at the local dealer stores.  

I have bought sd4 from kingsound last year and I found nothing to complain with them.

As for the new prophile 8 I have been keep asking kingsound and I am sure they really have not received the demo unit yet. So that is not their fault. I heard that the inear people will bring the demo unit to Hong Kong tomorrow and before that they really can't do anything. May be that staff should be informed and replied in a better manner. 

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #162 of 786
Dec 2, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #164 of 786
Was there any black Friday or cyber Monday deal on the Prophile 8?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back