New Inear Prophile-8
Nov 23, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #121 of 786
Interesting contrast to Mimouilles impressions and comparison regarding the Vega v P8 bass.

Personally I though the P8 had ample bass, can't really remember clearly how it fared technically and texture wise but I found it well balanced with the rest of the spectrum with regards to quantity and impact.

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #124 of 786
I posted this over at the Vega thread but think, that it also might fit here too:

Listened to the Vegas (with foam tips) today. I think I might have liked them if there were not have been the new InEar Prophile 8 that I also tested. Vegas bass is great, but I really really missed the treble extension, which was provided by the Prophile 8 im such a nice manner, that I missed them a lot when A/B ing from the Vega. In addition Prophile 8's bass (when bass switch enabled) comes very close to the Vegas bass. I don't know, maybe I'm more a neutral sound guy. Should have compared them to the Andros as they would have been more appropriate for comparison because of the airiness but they were not in store.

Edit:

Did anyone compare them to the Andros already?

Interesting contrast to Mimouilles impressions and comparison regarding the Vega v P8 bass.

Personally I though the P8 had ample bass, can't really remember clearly how it fared technically and texture wise but I found it well balanced with the rest of the spectrum with regards to quantity and impact.

The Prophile 8 does not lack bass at all, but even with the switch on, I found the Vega harder hitting and more permeating. I would think the Vega quantity to be too much for many people. The Vega is great emotionally, but I think the Prophile will please more people.

Mimouille , now that you have tried the Prophile 8 do you see a big difference from the SD4s?. Or does difference reside on the switches onky

I have never tried the SD4. I had the SD3 years ago and the 8 is miles ahead.

I overlooked this thread and @Mimouille's comments. Color me interested. As if I need another iem.

They would only interest you with the bass switch on, but my intuition is that this iem is going to be the new big thing.

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #125 of 786
Well, I guess that's going to be by next iem. Thank you Michael, love when you help me spend my money!! Where can we buy these in the states? Mim, any direct comparisons to any of the Tralucent iems? Or Solar?

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #126 of 786
Well, I guess that's going to be by next iem. Thank you Michael, love when you help me spend my money!! Where can we buy these in the states? Mim, any direct comparisons to any of the Tralucent iems? Or Solar?

They are more neutral than the Solar, can't really compare to Tralucent, it has been a while. Much less warm than P5 for sure. You can always contact Dimitri at Musica Acoustics, he ships world wide I think.

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #127 of 786

I can tell you already Rich, the Solar, Ref1 and 1plus2 sound very different. I get a funny feeling they may have got very close to the coveted harman kardon curve with the Prophile8. I can't wait to get my hands on these and take some FR readings.

They truly sound fantastic

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #128 of 786
  They are more neutral than the Solar, can't really compare to Tralucent, it has been a while. Much less warm than P5 for sure. You can always contact Dimitri at Musica Acoustics, he ships world wide I think.

Dimitri does ship to the US. My pair is currently on the way to Boston. 

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #129 of 786
Thank you guys!! I think I'm going to snatched these up too. I really don't have enough iems. Lol.

I have my eyes on a gumby, that's first. Then this. Unless the gumby is sold, then this first.

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #130 of 786

found this thread and read it after your post in 1Z/1A thread. No hiss with 1Z is a promising sign.
What's the sound sig like say compared to when you had demo Zeus/Zeus R. Or to Katana.
What about the technical aspects, resolving, decay, depth, height, the usual suspects you know ^^

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #131 of 786
  found this thread and read it after your post in 1Z/1A thread. No hiss with 1Z is a promising sign.
What's the sound sig like say compared to when you had demo Zeus/Zeus R. Or to Katana.
What about the technical aspects, resolving, decay, depth, height, the usual suspects you know ^^

I never tried Katana. It is more like the R than like the XIV signature wise. Much less sensitive as it doesn't hiss with the LPG. I cannot compare side by side so cannot say more.

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #135 of 786
Read all nine pages still not clear about the sound other than its clean flat and monitor like. Reminds me of the JH13 very neutral and natural. But musical is also mentioned. Musical and neutral sometimes do not appear in the same sentence. If both switches are turned on will that make it a V shape? Are the switches passive filters? The design and fitting looks like the Ibasso IT03 a universal with a custom feel. Like to hear more about the technology that went into the design, tuning etc. too many new iems coming on the scene. I am also eyeing the 64 Forte Tia also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back