New Inear Prophile-8
Nov 19, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #106 of 786
Hey Mim - could you let me know what cable you are using here and where to obtain one? It looks very much like a Linum cable (I know it's not) and so I assume is a comfortable fit but without being a mess of tangles every time you pick it up.....

Are you able to provide a link if possible of where to get one?

Thanks
:beerchug:  
Marco advised me to not change the cable if I didn't want to affect sound. If you do maybe you can stick to silver plated copper like the stock. I am not a huge believer in cable so I don't care much.

Otherwise this cable is a crystal cable from effect Audio but slightly Modded. I love the crystal cable ergonomics, I bought this one used and had it for a while but otherwise they are very expensive.

http://www.effectaudio.com/cc-piccolino-ultimate-iem-upgrade-cable-by-effect-audio.html

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #107 of 786
Marco advised me to not change the cable if I didn't want to affect sound. If you do maybe you can stick to silver plated copper like the stock. I am not a huge believer in cable so I don't care much.

Otherwise this cable is a crystal cable from effect Audio but slightly Modded. I love the crystal cable ergonomics, I bought this one used and had it for a while but otherwise they are very expensive.

http://www.effectaudio.com/cc-piccolino-ultimate-iem-upgrade-cable-by-effect-audio.html

Thanks - it's 'out of stock' anyway, so would probably have to hunt one down used. Will save me some cash anyway for the time being!!

Looking forward to your more detailed impressions of the prophile 8 in due course.

Cheers.

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #112 of 786

dt880smile.png

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #114 of 786
I love the look, matte looks really good. Too bad they are neutral. Not my taste, otherwise I'd be all over them just based on the looks alone.
They are very musical and you can turn on the switches to boost bass / treble or both. You SHOULD be all over them. I will share some brief impressions vs Vega in the other thread.

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #115 of 786
Mimouille, you have the S-EM9 right? I'd be interested in hearing a comparison if possible once your'e settled in with the P8's. Also maybe against the 5Way! I'm deliberating between the S-EM9 and P8 (with 5Way peeking in in the background as always). My preference is to go Universal though.

Nov 22, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #116 of 786
Mimouille, you have the S-EM9 right? I'd be interested in hearing a comparison if possible once your'e settled in with the P8's. Also maybe against the 5Way! I'm deliberating between the S-EM9 and P8 (with 5Way peeking in in the background as always). My preference is to go Universal though.
I have compared the two for maybe 25 seconds so far. But I can tell you presentations are radically different. Will day more in a bit. My intuition is that the Prophile-8 stage is more around you while EM9 might be more in front. Not sure. And certainly more low end body on Prophile, but really need to confirm.

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #117 of 786
I love the look, matte looks really good. Too bad they are neutral. Not my taste, otherwise I'd be all over them just based on the looks alone.

They are very musical and you can turn on the switches to boost bass / treble or both. You SHOULD be all over them. I will share some brief impressions vs Vega in the other thread.

Even with bass boost on, I personally don't think the Profile 8 will satisfy someone who thinks the Vega is lacking bass.
wink.gif

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #120 of 786
I posted this over at the Vega thread but think, that it also might fit here too:

Listened to the Vegas (with foam tips) today. I think I might have liked them if there were not have been the new InEar Prophile 8 that I also tested. Vegas bass is great, but I really really missed the treble extension, which was provided by the Prophile 8 im such a nice manner, that I missed them a lot when A/B ing from the Vega. In addition Prophile 8's bass (when bass switch enabled) comes very close to the Vegas bass. I don't know, maybe I'm more a neutral sound guy. Should have compared them to the Andros as they would have been more appropriate for comparison because of the airiness but they were not in store.

Edit:

Did anyone compare them to the Andros already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back