New Inear Prophile-8
Oct 31, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #62 of 786
Well...someome ordered a Prophile 8...

Good man Mimouille, as a Solar owner myself, I will be interested to hear how it fares against that even if you are only going off memory as I see you don't own it anymore...

Any idea when you will have it?

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #63 of 786
Well...someome ordered a Prophile 8...

I look forward to hearing your impressions. I have a feeling I won't be too far behind you either :)

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #64 of 786
Good man Mimouille, as a Solar owner myself, I will be interested to hear how it fares against that even if you are only going off memory as I see you don't own it anymore...

I've listened to both and they are very different signatures, with the PP8s having a beautifully balanced sound. Not that I have heard it, but I imagine the PP8s are closer to the Galaxy.

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #65 of 786

I am thinking it will be much more neutral (without the switches on)

I look forward to hearing your impressions. I have a feeling I won't be too far behind you either
smily_headphones1.gif

Give in to the dark side.

I've listened to both and they are very different signatures, with the PP8s having a beautifully balanced sound. Not that I have heard it, but I imagine the PP8s are closer to the Galaxy.

I think they won't resemble the Galaxy, which has a very dynamic driver sound.

Oct 31, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #66 of 786
I am thinking it will be much more neutral (without the switches on)

Give in to the dark side.

I think they won't resemble the Galaxy, which has a very dynamic driver sound.

You're right of course. I completely forgot the Galaxy has a dynamic driver. I do enjoy the bass of a good dynamic driver but honestly the ba's in the pp8 are so well tuned that the bass sounds spot on and in perfect harmony with the rest of the frequency.

There's no need to tempt me to the darkside... I'm already there :D

Oct 31, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #67 of 786
You're right of course. I completely forgot the Galaxy has a dynamic driver. I do enjoy the bass of a good dynamic driver but honestly the ba's in the pp8 are so well tuned that the bass sounds spot on and in perfect harmony with the rest of the frequency.

There's no need to tempt me to the darkside... I'm already there
biggrin.gif

I got mine from Dimitri, I usually get great service, which is important for such products.

Nov 7, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #71 of 786
Nov 7, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #72 of 786
That's £125 more expensive than buying them from Thomann.

Did you place that order?

Yep, just had a look and it does appear so. I haven't placed my order yet, no.

Nov 9, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #75 of 786
Well... this thing landed just yesterday :)

And it does sound just as good as I remembered it from Essen. Somehow I have the impression that the shell is a tad smaller than with the prototypes shown there: those were just too big for me, but this one fits me perfectly (although I prefer the SD4s to the regular size SD4).

Only had time for very limited listening on the go so far...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back