New Inear Prophile-8
Oct 27, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #47 of 786
Almost forgot to post some pictures of the ProPhile 
wink.gif

Keep in mind that they a pre-production unit we were invited to review a few weeks before the official launch.
@mksilent already linked our German review at the first side of this thread. In addition I have to say that I really enjoyed testing the ProPhile for a day. It really is the flagship it is supposed to be. I'm a little surprised though that nearly everybody seems to like the understatement look - I thought many would find it to subtle for a flagship IEM.

Rechts.jpg

Links.jpg

Plate.jpg

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #48 of 786
This iem interests me greatly having owned the sd2 a long time ago..Knowing how great the fit is,it would sure be nice if customers were given the option to customize the shells as with ciems... I know they eventually offered some wooden faceplates on their other iems..so perhaps its something InEar might explore down the line...
normal_smile .gif

It sure is pricey though!! so will hopefully get some feedback from buyers on here once released...

Oct 29, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #52 of 786
No but a few impressions from people I trust are tempting me. Also I really love the fit in their products.

That's a very good dollar price. Next splurge on the early mid life crisis eh? :wink:

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #53 of 786
Pretty big decisions on next big purchase. I have a spare brand new whiplash cable that I can use for the Pro 8, so this is great. I do have an SD4s. Hopefully there is a big difference

But I had on my list the Westone W80 which should be a similar cost play with the exception that on the build the Westone shells are always small and a joy to use (Never bought the W60 because I had the W50).

And then was looking at one proven option like Fitear334 or a super new one like the recently announced new Oriolus

Trying to weigh my options

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #54 of 786
Pretty big decisions on next big purchase. I have a spare brand new whiplash cable that I can use for the Pro 8, so this is great. I do have an SD4s. Hopefully there is a big difference

But I had on my list the Westone W80 which should be a similar cost play with the exception that on the build the Westone shells are always small and a joy to use (Never bought the W60 because I had the W50).

And then was looking at one proven option like Fitear334 or a super new one like the recently announced new Oriolus

Trying to weigh my options
The W80 is apparently in the same vein as the W60 which was seriously underwhelming so pass for me. The new Oriolus, if you mean the 10ba, it won't be out for a while. Plus it will never be as comfortable as the Prophile. The 334, I never liked the very slow decaying bass, prefer tighter bass.

Oct 29, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #55 of 786
The only thing that is holding me back on the P8 is that I have the SD4s and just don't know if I am going to see a radical jump on signature. For example SD2 to SD4s was almost not noticeable

Right now I spend a lot of time between the HUM Pristine ( I bought from you) and the UM Martian's

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #57 of 786
The only thing that is holding me back on the P8 is that I have the SD4s and just don't know if I am going to see a radical jump on signature. For example SD2 to SD4s was almost not noticeable

Right now I spend a lot of time between the HUM Pristine ( I bought from you) and the UM Martian's
Indeed if I had the 4, wouldn't buy the 8.

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #60 of 786
I found the 8 to drive sufficiently through my phone playing Spotify - Enough to appreciate its qualities. The only other test was with Marcos X7 (not sure which amp) and his selection of what I can assume was high res music was exceptional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back