New Inear Prophile-8
Oct 15, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #17 of 786
Ok, so I've just returned from Indulgence and I can honestly say the star of the show for me was the ProPhile-8.

I almost didn't get to hear them but I had promised Marco from InEar I would take a listen before I left.

They were quite busy when I returned, but Marco's colleague kindly gave me his seat behind the desk and I sat down to have a listen with my QP1R using a selection of my favourite test tracks. All I can say is colour me impressed! I usually find some kind of minor criticism or fault with IEMs and headphones once I've listened through a selection of tracks. Maybe a particularly bassy track sounds a tad too much on a bassier IEM or a track with a lot of high frequencies sounds too harsh with an IEM that's more on the trebly side, but with these I could find no such fault.

Marco explained that he and his team had painstakingly tuned these to be a true studio reference sound and that the only way for them to achieve this was through the use of a 4 way crossover and 8 balanced armature drivers on each side.

I was only there for 10 - 15 minutes and listened purely via my QP1R but I had a big smile on my face throughout which entertained Marco and his colleague :D

Marco offered to adjust the switches to let me hear them with the bass or treble boost, but I wasn't interested. The reference sound was perfect to my ear.

I am so happy I heard these fantastic IEMs and I am seriously considering purchasing a pair when they come out mid November for €1300

ps. also listened to the Noble K10s and Katanas today and I much preferred the ProPhile-8s
The K10 are certainly a different flavor, but could you say how they differ form the Katana and why you like them more please?

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #18 of 786
I can confirm we are going to be doing the ProPhile 8. The due date will be November but pre orders went live on Friday.

http://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/inear-prophile-8-earphones.html

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #19 of 786
I can confirm we are going to be doing the ProPhile 8. The due date will be November but pre orders went live on Friday.

Thanks Phil, also thanks again for organising a cracking event and especially for getting my QP1R case sent to the show. There were too many things to see and do even on a two day ticket. I'll have to do the three day ticket next time :)

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #20 of 786
The K10 are certainly a different flavor, but could you say how they differ form the Katana and why you like them more please?

OK, we'll firstly I must stress these were very brief listening sessions at a busy show and to boot they were my first time listening with both of these IEMs.

So I listened to the Katana when I first arrived at the show. My first instinct was that they were bass shy, however that was probably caused by the fact I had been listening to my Ref1 too just moments before. Once I settled in to them, I started to feel that the bass was incredibly well balanced and very enjoyable. The only problem I had with the Katana's was that that on certain tracks (Art of Noise's 'Moments in love' comes to mind) the highs seemed a little too extended and verged on fatiguing. I must stress this was very slight and only on a couple of tracks, however it was definitely a feeling I left with.

With the Prophile8 however, I felt no such issue whatever I threw at them. Everything just sounded right.

Sorry, I know that isn't a very scientific comparison but these were very quick impressions.

All I know is that I left with a great big smile :)

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #22 of 786
Attended the show today and got to meet Marco who is a really friendly guy.

I spent quite a while with the Prophile 8 and to be honest was quite blown away.

Firstly the fit was perfect; for me it completely filled out the outer ear and provided a deep seal with a small silicone tip. Isolation, again was really impressive; better than any Universal IEM I have yet used. In my opinion they've hit the nail on the head with this one.

The build quality was really nice. Love the understated matte black. It is plain but when holding in your hand it looks and feels the part. In addition, as with the StageDiver models the IEM uses replaceable filters in the bore, this is a really nice touch as it prevents any ear wax getting in the sound tube and can be easily replaced if clogged.

With regards to sound, for my personal tastes and when comparing with my personal collection and others I have tested this is endgame territory. It was the standout of the show for me (and today I listened to various TOTL IEM offerings from Rhapsodio, Obravo, Shure).

As with any of the top offerings from different companies each person will have there own take on which signature they prefer but for me Inear have created something special with the Prophile 8. I took the signature as more balanced than pure reference but it is very accurate. Everything is just right and very coherent. Soundstage in all dimensions is very good. Imaging is precise. Dynamics are very good. Resolution is high to the level where you are drawn into the intricacies and ambience within each musical piece and the detail just naturally presents itself rather than being forced through unnatural frequency emphasis. Separation is outstanding. Overall the delivery is rich and involving. It can be both delicate and powerful as the music requires.

I'm relatively new to TOTL Iems but in the past couple of months have had the opportunity to sample some of the best from Noble, Lime Ears, Custom Art, Heir, JHAudio, and today Rhapsodio and Shure (albeit demo's vs. customs). The Prophile is certainly up there and for me I think will be my next purchase when funds permit. Before that I hope to put in some more listening time with a better source.

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #23 of 786
  Attended the show today and got to meet Marco who is a really friendly guy.

I spent quite a while with the Prophile 8 and to be honest was quite blown away.

Firstly the fit was perfect; for me it completely filled out the outer ear and provided a deep seal with a small silicone tip. Isolation, again was really impressive; better than any Universal IEM I have yet used. In my opinion they've hit the nail on the head with this one.

The build quality was really nice. Love the understated matte black. It is plain but when holding in your hand it looks and feels the part. In addition, as with the StageDiver models the IEM uses replaceable filters in the bore, this is a really nice touch as it prevents any ear wax getting in the sound tube and can be easily replaced if clogged.

With regards to sound, for my personal tastes and when comparing with my personal collection and others I have tested this is endgame territory. It was the standout of the show for me (and today I listened to various TOTL IEM offerings from Rhapsodio, Obravo, Shure).

As with any of the top offerings from different companies each person will have there own take on which signature they prefer but for me Inear have created something special with the Prophile 8. I took the signature as more balanced than pure reference but it is very accurate. Everything is just right and very coherent. Soundstage in all dimensions is very good. Imaging is precise. Dynamics are very good. Resolution is high to the level where you are drawn into the intricacies and ambience within each musical piece and the detail just naturally presents itself rather than being forced through unnatural frequency emphasis. Separation is outstanding. Overall the delivery is rich and involving. It can be both delicate and powerful as the music requires.

I'm relatively new to TOTL Iems but in the past couple of months have had the opportunity to sample some of the best from Noble, Lime Ears, Custom Art, Heir, JHAudio, and today Rhapsodio and Shure (albeit demo's vs. customs). The Prophile is certainly up there and for me I think will be my next purchase when funds permit. Before that I hope to put in some more listening time with a better source.

Thanks for your thoughts. Can you say something to the cable? I once listened to an other InEar model and found that the thin black cable wasn´t the best (but for their price ok), and on pictures of the PP8 I saw the same thin cable which didn´t place itself very good around my ear (in comparison to the great cable which you get with the same priced Oriolus MK2 and which fits great).

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #24 of 786
I can't comment on what wire configuration is used but aesthetically it seemed like just a standard CIEM cable but with a slightly better/longer ear memory wire guide. It certainly isn't on the level of the Oriolus cable in terms of build quality.

Really is no different from what you would receive with 90% of CIEM's/IEM's with interchangeable cables.

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #25 of 786
I didn't love the cable, but the ear guide would need adapting before use anyway.

To be honest I'd probably be using an  aftermarket cable anyway

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #26 of 786
I have the SD4, and at first I thought the cable looked like it needed to be upgraded. I tried a few different ones, and I honestly could not tell the difference in the sound. I believe a few other reviewers of the SD4 came to the same conclusion. If you check out @twister6 review of the SD4, I believe he also liked the stock cable the best. because there was not much of a difference. 

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #27 of 786
Can I say thank you to Marco for letting me try the Prophile 8 at the weekend.
These are really a top flight iem. The fit is the best of any iem I have tried and the Matt black is a bonus.
The other big boys had better watch out.
Better sound and fit for less than half price.
Very very well done.

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #28 of 786
I heard these at the Indulgence show with my chord mojo, they were also the highlight for me. I listened to the Stagediver 2 at first, and wasn't too enthusiastic to hear the Prophile-8 because of the price as I consider it too high for what I would spend for an IEM, but I was persuaded by the In-Ear representative to give it a whirl: to put it bluntly, they destroy the Stagediver 2: there's nothing off or wrong about the sound, it's very balanced with excellent instrument separation, soundstage and coherency, very neutral without and any harshness... if they were priced closer to 700£ I would buy them, but at 1200£ it's way past my limit for what I would spend on an IEM... if money was no object though, I would probably buy them.

Oct 20, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #29 of 786
Audio Santuary in the UK will be stocking the PP8 and currently have it available for pre-order.

It's £1,239.00 and should ship 17th November

Me thinks I will be giving myself an early Xmas present... Because I'm worth it!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back