New Inear Prophile-8
Nov 27, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #496 of 786
You might also want to read this post from the 64audio thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ia-technologies.826606/page-112#post-13874049

He also says what John says, that they both are very similar. Someone from InEar told me that they will release the CIEM version of the PP8 next year, so you could also wait until then.

Never heard about this brand thanks, do you know where I could try a demo version in London of the A18T?
About re-shelling the PP8, I'm not confident enough to do that to a K euro product :).

I know about the custom version coming next year, but with Marco the founder leaving inear, not sure if they will produce it, and Marco was my only contact at inear when he confirmed it for next year.

So let's wait and see.

Nov 27, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #497 of 786
I know about the custom version coming next year, but with Marco the founder leaving inear, not sure if they will produce it, and Marco was my only contact at inear when he confirmed it for next year.
Marco isn't the founder of InEar. But indeed he was responsible for nearly everything regarding their monitoring products, hence his absence might slow things down a bit.

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #498 of 786
Never heard about this brand thanks, do you know where I could try a demo version in London of the A18T?
About re-shelling the PP8, I'm not confident enough to do that to a K euro product :).

So let's wait and see.

Sorry, don´t know where to demo them in London. Try asking at the 64audio thread! I also wouldn´t reshell the PP8 somewhere outside of InEar.

Yes, Marco is gone but I heard from someone else from the company just a few days back, that they want to release the CIEM version next year, so I´ll hope they will stick to that plan.

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #500 of 786
PB8 vs HD800 VS UERR
Tonality wise? What would you use for pure listening and what for critical listening? Had the HD800 a few days and really liked the sound albeit a bit cold sounding, but above all I just can't get comfortable with headphones.
Would the PB8 or UERR would come close in tonality. I guess in technical aspects inears in this price range already surpassed headphones.

Dec 6, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #501 of 786
Simple question. Directions show that the first switch is for treble and the second is for bass but the picture I saw with this info showed the right ear piece. Are the switches reversed on each ear piece so that the inside switch is treble or is the switch on the left side always treble?

Does that question make sense?

Dec 6, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #502 of 786
Simple question. Directions show that the first switch is for treble and the second is for bass but the picture I saw with this info showed the right ear piece. Are the switches reversed on each ear piece so that the inside switch is treble or is the switch on the left side always treble?

They are like mirror images. so the outside switch is always the treble.

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #503 of 786
Coming from two warmer IEMs (Sony XBA-N3 and Campfire Andromeda), the PP8 definitely sounds dull from the get-go (even with both switches up).

That being said, the PP8 brings out significantly more detail than any other IEM I've heard before. In addition, the instrumental separation is second to none.

I find it amazing that I can follow secondary instruments through the entire song without distracting from the main melody. I thought my Andromedas were revealing, but the PP8 rips any kind of veil off the music (in a good way - everything still sounds coherent).

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #504 of 786
Coming from two warmer IEMs (Sony XBA-N3 and Campfire Andromeda), the PP8 definitely sounds dull from the get-go (even with both switches up).

That being said, the PP8 brings out significantly more detail than any other IEM I've heard before. In addition, the instrumental separation is second to none.

I find it amazing that I can follow secondary instruments through the entire song without distracting from the main melody. I thought my Andromedas were revealing, but the PP8 rips any kind of veil off the music (in a good way - everything still sounds coherent).

I find Andromeda too warm and hard sounding. But some consider it neutral. For me PP8 is my reference for Neutral. I enjoy it mostly with the treble switch on.

Dec 7, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #505 of 786

FB_IMG_1512631400711.jpg

Dec 8, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #507 of 786
I find Andromeda too warm and hard sounding. But some consider it neutral. For me PP8 is my reference for Neutral. I enjoy it mostly with the treble switch on.
I think you would have been more of an UERM guy than the Andromeda I suspect. Andromeda sounds exciting due to it's tuning, brings out more dynamics in how tracks are presented. I do like listening to UERM as well, but it doesn't carry the excitement level of the Andromeda. Andromeda is quite odd in that it doesn't carry the characteristics of what I expect of a V or U tune. It has good mids articulation or coherency(doesn't sound recessed), and some would say it's mids forward? It does have more of a weight to it's notes, and I find that having such weight brings naturalness to the sound.

I'd have to get my hand on a Profile-8 to do a side by side to get a real idea of it's capability. I did a quick audition, and out of my AK240, I did prefer the Andromeda, and also thought it sounded more detailed, but not extensive of a listen to be sure.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #508 of 786
I think you would have been more of an UERM guy than the Andromeda I suspect. Andromeda sounds exciting due to it's tuning, brings out more dynamics in how tracks are presented. I do like listening to UERM as well, but it doesn't carry the excitement level of the Andromeda. Andromeda is quite odd in that it doesn't carry the characteristics of what I expect of a V or U tune. It has good mids articulation or coherency(doesn't sound recessed), and some would say it's mids forward? It does have more of a weight to it's notes, and I find that having such weight brings naturalness to the sound.

I'd have to get my hand on a Profile-8 to do a side by side to get a real idea of it's capability. I did a quick audition, and out of my AK240, I did prefer the Andromeda, and also thought it sounded more detailed, but not extensive of a listen to be sure.
UERM is already discontinued and I didn’t like the UERR hence, went for UE18+. But it turns out the UE18+ is picky of the source. I only find it very good sounding and natural out of Hugo. I didn’t like it even out of LPG which is strange because that is what I used with the demo.

On the other hand, I find the PP8 sound good no matter what the source is. I like the treble switch on. But not the bass switch. I think because it boost not just the bass but the low mids as well. However, if my mood calls for a deep thumping I just apply a 3-6dB boost fron 150hz downwards.

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #510 of 786
I own both and prefer the pp8 with all switches in their normal position and the stock spinfits. It is tip sensitive but I suspect it's because it doesn't have a dominant sig of it's own. That said, The Andro is a great phone, fun, open, with great PRAT and clarity.
I tried many tips as well. In the end I end up with spinfits.

You actually get 4 unique sig with PP8. With both switches in off position is my 2nd choice. I just don't like the bass switch in on position. So I actually have 2 iems in just one package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back