New Inear Prophile-8
Mar 22, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #346 of 786
So you think a warmer (or musical) DAP is a better combo than a more neutral DAP like dx200 or QP1R? Because I also own a very musical DAP (Calyx M) and think about buying the CIEM version of the PP8 this year.
Well with the DX200 and LPG, the P8 is sometimes a bit unforgiving and lean.

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #347 of 786
So you think a warmer (or musical) DAP is a better combo than a more neutral DAP like dx200 or QP1R? Because I also own a very musical DAP (Calyx M) and think about buying the CIEM version of the PP8 this year.

Both are good matches for different tastes with this IEM. I like neutral source though. Chord Mojo.

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #348 of 786
Both are good matches for different tastes with this IEM. I like neutral source though. Chord Mojo.
It depends what you call neutral, DX200 and Mojo are called closed to neutral and sound nothing alike. It mostly depends on taste and also the music you listen to..

If it is a lot of well recorded classic and jazz, most good sources will do. For a lot of modern music I would recommend a slightly warmer source like the WM1Z. And I don't just talk from trial as I own the P8 and all the sources mentioned.

Once again only my opinion..

Mar 23, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #349 of 786
It depends what you call neutral, DX200 and Mojo are called closed to neutral and sound nothing alike. It mostly depends on taste and also the music you listen to..

If it is a lot of well recorded classic and jazz, most good sources will do. For a lot of modern music I would recommend a slightly warmer source like the WM1Z. And I don't just talk from trial as I own the P8 and all the sources mentioned.

Once again only my opinion..

I agree completely. I believe you mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I have found that tips do make a difference. Do you still use the new spinfits? That is what I switched too after your recommendation. 

Mar 23, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #350 of 786
I agree completely. I believe you mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I have found that tips do make a difference. Do you still use the new spinfits? That is what I switched too after your recommendation. 
No, the double flange spinfit sound great but hurt me too much. Back to single...

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #352 of 786
Since I've tried triple flanges I couldn't go back. Everything else sounds muffled in comparison. Ok, they're not comfortable, very deep insertion, but man, the sound is incredible, you get better bass, more details, etc.

Mar 27, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #354 of 786
Mar 27, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #356 of 786
Tried the search bar in the thread but couldn't find an answer. Since its a matte coating, will it wear easily? 

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #358 of 786
So I've had my set for a couple of months now and I have to say, this is the reference signature I've been looking for. Reminds me of the Etymotic ER4XR but clearer, more transparent and much more resolving. The ProPhile-8 is one of the finest iems I've had opportunity to hear and quickly has become my go to iem (with Andromeda a close second).

Apr 7, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #359 of 786
So I've had my set for a couple of months now and I have to say, this is the reference signature I've been looking for. Reminds me of the Etymotic ER4XR but clearer, more transparent and much more resolving. The ProPhile-8 is one of the finest iems I've had opportunity to hear and quickly has become my go to iem (with Andromeda a close second).

It is in fact. There's not a single day that I don't get delighted by the timbre and accuracy. Then all that spaciousness, or spaciality and fullness/richness. They're super.

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #360 of 786

I've been enjoying them too for a few months but the more I read about the Andromeda/Vega, the more I'd like to try them. Is the Prophile-8 very close to Andromeda with the bass switches on or are there other differences of note? I know the Vega is a different beast altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back