New iMod for the iPod 5G: A Red Wine Audio/ALO Collaboration
May 21, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #301 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is inferior...but it probably has a different sonic signature/qualities.

Yeah, this is true. I like the gold x silver for 3 reasons, 1. It’s got a more relaxed sound that a silver cable and yet still very full and robust sounding. 2. The whole cable is physically smaller which allows us to also use a smaller mini plug and 3. Gold has no corrosion or tarnishing issues over time.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 22, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #304 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, this is true. I like the gold x silver for 3 reasons, 1. It’s got a more relaxed sound that a silver cable and yet still very full and robust sounding. 2. The whole cable is physically smaller which allows us to also use a smaller mini plug and 3. Gold has no corrosion or tarnishing issues over time.

Ken

Ken, have you thought about making a mini to mini in gold/silver for those who have a 4th Gen iModded Ipod? Thanks.

May 22, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #305 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken, have you thought about making a mini to mini in gold/silver for those who have a 4th Gen iModded Ipod? Thanks.

Hey Mrarroyo,

Yes I have 1 gold x silver mini made that Nick has. He is bringing it to his mini meet along with a sampler package of other minis I lent them for the meet. I bought a few different gauges of gold wire and have been trying/testing them all. I really like what I am hearing but you know it’s a personal preference. So I want to wait to hear from some of the testers.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 22, 2007 at 8:18 AM Post #306 of 456
Like silver cables, gold cables need to be handled carefully.
It is not that they break easily, but they are not as strong as copper cables and do not like rough handling.

May 22, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #307 of 456
Quote:

Hey Mrarroyo,

Yes I have 1 gold x silver mini made that Nick has. He is bringing it to his mini meet along with a sampler package of other minis I lent them for the meet. I bought a few different gauges of gold wire and have been trying/testing them all. I really like what I am hearing but you know it’s a personal preference. So I want to wait to hear from some of the testers.

Ken

I'm going to be doing a mini to mini comparison this weekend...I'll also be comparing a couple by AKzip and RnB Audio.

May 22, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #308 of 456
This all sound great. I can't wait to hear the results. Have a good time. I will be at a GTG in Socal for AV123 for some serious 2 channel and ht. If anyone is interested let me know. This will be the biggest GTG they have ever had.

May 22, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #309 of 456
Quote:

Hey Mrarroyo,

Ken

Testers??? I will volunteer myself to be one.
wink.gif
Gosh, I have no shame.
icon10.gif

May 23, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #311 of 456
Ken: count me in too to be one of your "testers" for the gold/silver. Already using your Cryo "X" rap around for the Imod--would love to hear the difference with the gold/silver combo in mini-to-mini format

May 23, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #312 of 456
All,

The iMod page has been updated
cool.gif

Quote:

Vinnie how is your testing coming along?

hi cpk,

Everything is going great! I'll post more about it later...

Back to work for me,

Vinnie

May 23, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #313 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie R. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iMod page has been updated
cool.gif

You might want to double check that...I see the picture of the 5G on the products page, but it still links to the original iMod page...it says nothing about the 5G.

May 23, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #314 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungClayB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might want to double check that...I see the picture of the 5G on the products page, but it still links to the original iMod page...it says nothing about the 5G.

Try refreshing or clearing cache... it should work fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back