new iem upgrade from sennheiser ie 8
Nov 29, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
Quote:
wanting a remote hugely limits your options, try the tf10vi

hi Mark. glad to hear from you again. What is the sound like on the tf10vi in comparison to the IE 8?

less bass, harder more punchy bass, more abundant and aggressive treble

Dec 4, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #19 of 23

Quote:
assuming they are like the 420 and 530, no.

nothing is an upgrade on the IE8.  there are sidegrades however that may suit you better

Guess I probably would avoid the Shures and go for others without a remote. Thinking of UM3X.

Out of curiosity would there be any difference in pricing if I were to buy headphones after xmas?

Dec 6, 2010 at 9:05 AM Post #21 of 23
I have finally bring it down between the 3. The Shure SE535, Westone UM3X and the Ultrasonics SM3 as they have similar pricing. I could get either one of them for £300, £275 or £294. 

I know that the SM3 and UM3X had the titles FOTM before and everyone raved about how good the Sm3 was over the um3x months ago. However since there wasn't any recent opinion on these two, i would like to know if anyone who had both or tried the two headphones had changed their views.

From what I read the Um3x is very flat as what it should be as musicians iem and pretty durable while the sm3 has the similar characteristics except bigger soundstage.   

This is an upgrade to a lost IE 8 and any help in helping me choose would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #22 of 23

Quote:
From what I read the Um3x is very flat as what it should be as musicians iem and pretty durable while the sm3 has the similar characteristics except bigger soundstage.   

um3x is not flat,atleast to my ears.i liked the ie8 much better.also um3x SQ is extremly different than that of ie8.they are both warm but the um3x soundstage is very small and the sound is v. forward. also keep in mind,no universal iem will have the same soundstage as ie8.
if i were you,i would just get the ie8 with the remote cable or maybe you can try sm3 since they have many good impressions here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back