New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster"
Mar 13, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #466 of 584
Awesome.
Keep in mind you need to install this to play 352/24. At least I had to install it
http://audinst.com/en/faqs/2441?ckattempt=1

Alright, installed and played a track from the site you showed me. Confirmed in Fubar on the bottom its 352800. No crackling or popping. Everything sounds fine

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #468 of 584
No, I wish I could but plane flight is too expensive for me right now from SF to LA. Would have been nice b/c I have family in Huntington Beach I could stay with

Mar 14, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #470 of 584
  Guys,

When using the D14 as a DAC only, any suggestions on the optimum setting? (e.g. putting it in high/low gain, place volume pot @ 12 o'clock, etc)

Thanks a lot!

I don't think those setting will affect any to the SQ when use the D14 as DAC only.

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #472 of 584
Thank you so much Lurk. Could be Windows issue. I have 7 Pro and yours is 10.
O.T. are you going to CanJam of Southern California next weekend?

Downloaded another track from the site and finally listening to it now, no popping/clicking. Just wanted to be sure and turns out the track is pretty awesome sounding too. I'm gonna keep it lol

Mar 25, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #475 of 584
Hello all.

I intend to use the d14 as a semi desktop dac
Can it be constantly on a wall smartphone like usb wall charger and work as a dac while usb powered?

Mine has been plugged into my computer via usb since I got it a few months ago, I leave the charge on bc if it dies you cant use it for a while til it gets some charge back. 

Apr 3, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #477 of 584
quick question. I have one of these, that I am trying to setup for my son and I am cable confused. Ibasso supplied a small cable for the AUX/OUT port, but I need a longer cable to send audio to a receiver.

options and clarification help needed for the AUX/OUTPUT port in the front of the D14.

1) do I need a cable with one end termibated with a stereo 3.5mm pin and the other end terminated to stereo RCA connectors (to connect from the AUX/OUPUT port to the RCA inputs on the receiver?

or do I need to find a 2)cable with a 3.5 mm stereo plug on one end and a single ended digital coaxial RCA on the other end? The receiver can accept RCA inputs, or single coaxial inputs of course.

also will the D14 accept a input signal from the rear mini USB b port and then output a stereo signal through the AUX/OUTPUT port in the front of the D14 (to the receiver),

or do I need to use a spdif connection INPUT---in the rear of the D14 (as the specified in the manual) to then send a stereo OUTPUT signal to a receiver?

and if so, has anyone found a longer spdif cable with the correct termination end that fits the d14 spdif rear input. The two small cables included are more for stacking mobile devices of course

hope this is not too confusing

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #478 of 584
quick question. I have one of these, that I am trying to setup for my son and I am cable confused. Ibasso supplied a small cable for the AUX/OUT port, but I need a longer cable to send audio to a receiver.

options and clarification help needed for the AUX/OUTPUT port in the front of the D14.

1) do I need a cable with one end termibated with a stereo 3.5mm pin and the other end terminated to stereo RCA connectors (to connect from the AUX/OUPUT port to the RCA inputs on the receiver?

or do I need to find a 2)cable with a 3.5 mm stereo plug on one end and a single ended digital coaxial RCA on the other end? The receiver can accept RCA inputs, or single coaxial inputs of course.

also will the D14 accept a input signal from the rear mini USB b port and then output a stereo signal through the AUX/OUTPUT port in the front of the D14 (to the receiver),

or do I need to use a spdif connection INPUT---in the rear of the D14 (as the specified in the manual) to then send a stereo OUTPUT signal to a receiver?

and if so, has anyone found a longer spdif cable with the correct termination end that fits the d14 spdif rear input. The two small cables included are more for stacking mobile devices of course

hope this is not too confusing

If you are using the D14 as a line out device you need the 3.5 mini to the RCA R&L for the reciever. You can output a digital signal into the D14 via the USB and it will output a stereo signal. You can also use a 3.5 mini coax input or mini optical input. Cables can be found on Amazon and a number of other after market suppliers.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 15, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #479 of 584
Hi All!
Newbie to the Forums, lurker for months...  
bigsmile_face.gif

Finally gave in and bought an iBasso D14. LOVE it.

Have had some teething pains though. My BMW 320i seems to have a flaky 3.5mm audio jack (I'm a tech and have dealt with bad audio connections for 47 years, cleaning doesn't help. BMW will have to replace it under Warranty).
This drove me nuts since I bought it partly to help upgrade my car sound. {Sigh} Multiple cables all fail to give the right channel unless you hold it down hard in the socket. 

BUT. That's not my current problem. I also wanted to use it in my AV system. I have a Denon SACD / DVD Audio player. I wanted to grab the optical out and run it through the D14.
So I dug through my cables and found I had only ONE  mini TOSLINK cable, and it was mini TOSLINK on both ends. Of course the Denon uses the standard size. ... LOL.

So, I ordered this: http://www.amazon.com/KabelDirekt-TOSLINK-Optical-Digital-Audio/dp/B00GZQWLF0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
which has one end mini, to regular.

I also ordered these:
http://www.amazon.com/Conwork-2-Pack-Toslink-Connector-Adapter/dp/B016466XPO?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
Toslink mini to regular adapters, for my box of cables. Handy to have.

Neither work!!

Denon outputs Optical fine (it's how I run to my Yamaha RX-A3020 normally). Both cables light up when connected to the Denon, but no combination gives me a light (or connection, obviously) from the iBasso! It appears to seat properly, but I see no light with or without the cable.

Yes, I have the switch in SPDIF. Yes, I cycled power. Tried it in place during power on, power up and THEN switch, etc.; every combination of hooking and switching. No Joy.

Now, without bragging, I troubleshoot Computers and electronics for a living. But we all can miss things. I'm hoping beyond hope that it's not defective. 

The unit works fine hooked USB to two phones and my PC. (Sounds WONDERFUL!!) But for the life of me, I can't get the optical in to work. Am I mad? Did I fail to face east at midnight? Maybe those bats wings I burned were past their code date. 
tongue_smile.gif

Any ideas??

Thanks so much in advance,
PuterPro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back