New high end IEM from Shure! SE535!
Jan 8, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #31 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by imackler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cnet says they have the same innards. They're just going for a better fit.

My month old replacement pair seem to have a better top. They may have been subtley revoiced or it placebo but I've mentioned it before this review. For me, these would still be difficult to significantly improve so I'm fine with the current refinement. Nothings for everyone.

Jan 8, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #32 of 111
Note the article also mentioned the SE115m+ model. It appears we have a competition between this model, the Etyomotic HF2, Klipsch Image S4i, and Apple Dual-Driver IEM (ADDIEM) for the newer iPod and iPhone models that support the in-line remote control functionality (3G shuffle, 4G/5G nano, "6.5G" iPod classic, 3G iPod touch, iPhone 3Gs). That's why I have the ADDIEM and Image S4i--I can control my 4G nano without having to take my player out of my pocket.
smile_phones.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #35 of 111
Obviously unless this thing sounds noticeably different I'm not going to waste money on it, but if this is something like SE530 + slightly more highs then I'm sold. At least replaceable cable is going to keep the amount of RMA's down!

Not digging the look as of now, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the SCL4 and SE420 comparable products? I wonder if I could send in my defunct SCL4s and get the SE425s back?

No. SCL4 is more of a SE310 equivalent and comparable SCL series product for SE420 would be SCL5. SCL4/SE310 both have a tuned single driver and SCL5/SE420 both have dual drivers.

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #36 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by goodvibes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My month old replacement pair seem to have a better top. They may have been subtley revoiced or it placebo but I've mentioned it before this review. For me, these would still be difficult to significantly improve so I'm fine with the current refinement. Nothings for everyone.

what are the significant improvement?

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #37 of 111
btw people clicx through the photos, they come in the same bronze as the 530. id bet the clear ones are just for showing of to peeps at CES.

any word other than guess work these are just 530's with removable cords?

oh and any ideas if they are comparable with SA's kleer thingy bob? grrr why cant companys all use the same sodding connectors?!?!?!?!

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #38 of 111
None really as I don't think much significant can be done. Of course the bass could have a toch more deliniation but that's really picking nits. Until I hear an in ear I like better, I'm good. My fav dynamic is still a Beyer DT-931 so I'm not into smoothed out phones like many of the recent expensive offerings that have detail but lack solidity. For perspective, in speakers like quad 57s, 2805s and Sonus Faber Cremona auditor with a REL B2 (subtley applied) for things under $10k.

The highs on this pair took 200 hrs to settle in. They were actually too agressive when new but now are sweet, open and apparent. Who knows, maybe the chords just sound better. I do like that the 535 has a removeable 4' chord. I would prefer mine not have the extra mini in line.

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #39 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh and any ideas if they are comparable with SA's kleer thingy bob? grrr why cant companys all use the same sodding connectors?!?!?!?!

Most likely some kind of patent thing, or maybe it's they just don't want you to buy the other companys cable
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #40 of 111
Woohoo about time!!! I am on my third pair and of SE530 currently arguing the case for my fourth pair as warranty has now run out! (Shure UK service is terrible they tried offering me a service exchange at 'Discount' £250!!!)

Anyway this is great news as I was having a real hard time finding an alternative but now I have it!
I don't care what they look like I don't care if they haven't update the sound, to my ears these truly are the best at this price point and Ill be glad to purchase the updated model when they are released.

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #41 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyle_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meh, just a change of cables and design. SQ change or new flagship is what i'm more interested in. Besides, i'm not really fond of the new ear piece look, i always thought SE530's chrome metal looks classy.

Totally agree. Replaceable cable is a right decision. However, Shure does need a new flagship with better treble and soundstage. What's more, keep the metal shell, Shure! It is way much better than the cheap clear look.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #44 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny that, I was thinking that they looked unrefined, almost cheap. We don't agree on much do we loopsider?

I suspect that these are just review copies.

I hope they don't abandon the iridescent, hematite look the 530s have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back