New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread
May 13, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #121 of 376
Received my duo today. Strapped it to the back of my RWAK100 and, it's never coming off! Listening to the Tron Legacy soundtrack right now and I have never, ever, heard anything like this! This is the end game portable rig for me! Clarity and detail are simply amazing! And don't get me started on the bass! As a basshead I can't imagine anything ever beating this. The quantity when boost is on is just right and it does not bleed into the mids and the quality remains extraordinary. I'm in love!

May 22, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #124 of 376
Hello!
I got interested in this amp.
What do you guys think about this kind of rig: AK100 (the stock version) + Vorzuge pure+ SE535LTD-J?
I already have AK100 and SE535...
Doy you think the Vorzuge team would make a lower-gain model for me? Will the amp give any benefits to my current rig?
And BTW, where are Vorzuge amps produced - Germany or Asia?
Thanks for any thoughts in advance!

May 22, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #125 of 376
Hey aqtaket.

The Vorz amps are made in Singapore and are made to pretty exacting spec. Very well made. 

Vorz might make a lower gain model for you. You should ask. They are very helpful. And the AK100 is built more for headphones than earphones. It will peform better with earphones if there is an amp between it and the output transducers. The vorz has enough resolution to fully pump the SE535.

May 22, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #127 of 376
shigzeo,
thanks a bunch for your response!
Is it written somwhere on the unit that it is made in Singapore? (Just curious).
Some people say that AK100+SE535 will not benefit from any amp, but I'm still thinking...
Quote:
Hey aqtaket.

The Vorz amps are made in Singapore and are made to pretty exacting spec. Very well made. 

Vorz might make a lower gain model for you. You should ask. They are very helpful. And the AK100 is built more for headphones than earphones. It will peform better with earphones if there is an amp between it and the output transducers. The vorz has enough resolution to fully pump the SE535.

May 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #128 of 376
@lamechops:
The Vorzuge isn't sensitive to burn-in. Don't worry. Just enjoy. However, it will take maybe a little time to wrap your head around its sound. It's a deep, rich design, and may take a bit of time to enjoy. 

@aqtaket:
Unless there have been massive changes, the Vorzuge is made in Singapore. I've opened up the thing. Amazing detail and technical prowess displayed. The main board is branded in several places and sticks out quite convincingly. 

The AK100 has a pretty high ohm output. It can do well, but with low Ω earphones, it struggles. I demoed the AK120 today with FitEar's earphones and found that certain of my favourite benchmarks could do with a: an outboard amp, or b: an internal modification. 

The AK100/120 are very nice players, but in stock form, are not ideal. 

May 22, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #129 of 376
Quick question.......

How long does it take the Pure to charge from the supplied charger? My new unit has been charging for 7 hours now and the red charging light is still on?

Many thanks!

May 23, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #130 of 376
Quote:
Quick question.......

How long does it take the Pure to charge from the supplied charger? My new unit has been charging for 7 hours now and the red charging light is still on?

Many thanks!

Is your unit turned off while charging?

May 23, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #131 of 376
It is OK...fully charged
size]

Just took longer than expected around 8 hours from the accompanying charger....but Amps were supplied new with totally flat batteries, so hopefully on next charges it would be the stated 5-6...

Thanks!

May 23, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #132 of 376
Hi Shigzeo

How would you compare the Duo with the Govibe Portatube, I know they both different but just wanted to find out what areas each is better in. My phones are 30 ohms and I currently have the Portatube and the O2. I find vocals on the portatube smoother than the O2 but soundstage is less wide. Am considering if I should get another amp.  

May 23, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #133 of 376
What headphones/earphones are you using? 

Both the Vorz and the Portatube have NO problems with low Ω earphones or headphones. However, the Porta Tube as a lot more power for low sensitivity headphones. From there, it is a pretty typical valve amp except that there is very little roll off in any frequency. It is a smoother sound than the Vorz but I woudn't say better. Just different. The porta is one of my favs. So is the Vorz. For out and a bout, 26 hours of battery life is hard to beat, plus the pretty insane EQ switch on the Vorz. 

The porta isn't as detailed in stereo imaging as the vorz. But I can't fault it. 

May 23, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #134 of 376
Quote:
What headphones/earphones are you using? 

Both the Vorz and the Portatube have NO problems with low Ω earphones or headphones. However, the Porta Tube as a lot more power for low sensitivity headphones. From there, it is a pretty typical valve amp except that there is very little roll off in any frequency. It is a smoother sound than the Vorz but I woudn't say better. Just different. The porta is one of my favs. So is the Vorz. For out and a bout, 26 hours of battery life is hard to beat, plus the pretty insane EQ switch on the Vorz. 

The porta isn't as detailed in stereo imaging as the vorz. But I can't fault it. 

Thanks much shigzeo. I have the Philips X1. Wanted to make sure the Vorz is not too similar to the O2 or the Porta before spending that money. Cheers. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back