New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Oct 30, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #5,191 of 6,017
Quote:
I am also getting this problem with my HE-400, with the right channel stop working sometimes. This one was from a replacement of another HE-400 that had a lesser problem with the right channel.
rolleyes.gif

To make sure is this the revision 3.5 / revision 2?

Will see if test headphone for a while then will contact Hifiman if the problem still exist.

Wow does anyone even test these headsets before they go out the door?? I guess we will just keep beta testing these HE-400's for HiFi man i see!!.

Oh well..

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #5,192 of 6,017
Quote:
Wow does anyone even test these headsets before they go out the door?? I guess we will just keep beta testing these HE-400's for HiFi man i see!!.

Oh well..

A defective mass produced electronic device??? That is unheard of!

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #5,196 of 6,017
Regarding the hypothetical velour earpads, I would agree comfort is the most important factor. A replacement headband would be a great idea too, one that fitted over the existing and fastened with velcro for example. Now if the two products were available in one package, saving postage, you would be on to a winner IMHO.

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #5,197 of 6,017
Quote:
I live in Brazil and  took advantage of the fact that a friend was going to spend a few days in the US and asked him to bring a unit of HE-400 for me. I ordered and had it delivered to him, no problem. 
Yesterday, I got the headphone and was very excited to test it. To my big disappointment, the left ear channel stoped working after 5 minutes. Then it was on and off, cutting out the sound for a couple minutes. I though the cable was not properly connected, or something.. switched cables and the problem persisted. I then discovered that if I pressed it against my head, the sound came back. 
I turned it off, took of the earpads, tightened the screws I saw and the sound came back again. 

I remember I had read something a while back about this issue, but though it was a "1st batch" related issue. I believed that having passed almost a year, Hifiman would have this problem figured out by now. I was really sad to discover otherwise. 

So, I emailed them and am waiting for their feedback. 

I don´t want to ship it back to China and be a month without it, since it´s the only headphone I have. 
Everything that comes from another country goes through customs here, and it stays there for weeks. 

Anybody who have recently bought one has had the same issue? How it was resolved?

Thanks
Luciano.

I also had the same problem but the right channel... I've contacted them but I don't think they're going to cover my shipping... as told in the emails I sent them... wonder if anyone could suggest any way to ask them for the free ship?

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #5,198 of 6,017
Because of the storm my headphones Are delayed. I know compared to all the other problems Going on right now this is really something that i shouldn't be complaining about and it makes me a total jerk for complaining but damn it I want my headphones. :mad:

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #5,201 of 6,017
[size=10pt]I had one of my best headphone aural experiences last night.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]I listened to Neil Young's 'Greendale' album with the HE400s and man did it sound good. I am not sure if the fact the CD is HDCD encoded but the soundstage and separation was awesome. If I closed my eyes I could almost believe they were playing in my room![/size]

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #5,203 of 6,017
Quote:
Because of the storm my headphones Are delayed. I know compared to all the other problems Going on right now this is really something that i shouldn't be complaining about and it makes me a total jerk for complaining but damn it I want my headphones.
mad.gif

The seller informed you of a delay? So far nothing on my end, although im expecting it. Both the headphone, and my ODAC.

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #5,204 of 6,017
Quote:

The seller informed you of a delay? So far nothing on my end, although im expecting it. Both the headphone, and my ODAC.

if you are in the US I would assume a delay since Fang is based in nyc. I'm not sure if all the post offices are running yet.

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #5,205 of 6,017

I'm in Jersey and I looked up the FedEx tracking number. It said "delay in delivery due to external factors" it's estimated to arrive tomorrow but if the path is back up and running ill be at work all day. I doubt it though. Things are so crazy in the city right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back