New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Dec 5, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #5,792 of 6,017
Quote:
I might give it a try later then. FiiO has a very nice looking L12 cable for that purpose.

On an unrelated note, the HiFiMAN velour pads are a dust magnet, unlike my Sennheiser ones.

+1 on the velour pads attracting dust
beerchug.gif

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #5,794 of 6,017
Quote:
Works for some tracks better then others.
Akcent - Jokero sounded "off" and wrong imo.
But T-Pain - 5 o clock in the morning sounded better with it on.
I'll keep it around, thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. What parts sounded wrong, the vocals or the overall sound?

It's definitely still a work in progress. I was planning on doing some more testing with it tonight.

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #5,795 of 6,017
Gonna have to contact Head-Direct. It seems the drivers are mismatched in the frequencies. Definitely getting more bass on the right driver. No matter how I slice it, it's obvious. Whether I flip (right driver on the left ear), swap cables... right driver is always more impactful. Sigh.... damn it, I don't wanna be without them for weeks on end.

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #5,797 of 6,017
Quote:

Thanks!  BTW, what cable did you end up using for this?  And does the Paracord expand to accept different diameter cables in your experience?

Hey there, he and I have exchanged several PMs about this. We're thinking this would actually fit the cable better and I think we're both going to try it. This seller has other sizes as well like 4mm for the two leads to the earcups. Keep in mind we're not really sure how this product will feel/look yet. He used Mogami 2893 cable.

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #5,798 of 6,017
Quote:

Hey there, he and I have exchanged several PMs about this. We're thinking this would actually fit the cable better and I think we're both going to try it. This seller has other sizes as well like 4mm for the two leads to the earcups. Keep in mind we're not really sure how this product will feel/look yet. He used Mogami 2893 cable.

The 6mm might fit the Mogami 2534 better since that cable overall diameter is .236", whereas the Mogami 2893 is .189", in which the 4mm would be a great fit.  Did he use different size Mogami cable for the earcup leads vs the TRS connector lead (main cable)?

Have you taken a look or had any experience with this:  http://www.techflex.com/prod_pet.asp

This comes in several colors and a good number of sizes.

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #5,799 of 6,017
I just ordered the Canare L-4E5AT and the 6mm sleeve (and 4 mm sleeve). I'm not even really sure how well it will fit. I figure this stuff is fairly trial and error. I mostly concerned this sleeving will be too "plastic-y."

I believe he used the same cable all the way up but he used 3mm paracord (the 'denim' color) on the leads.

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #5,800 of 6,017
If anyone is interested in an HD600 headband cushion to use with their HE-400's, i have one unopened that i will send to someone for free. I've decided that i'm going to be sending back my 400's so i'll have no use for this, first person to send me their info can have it. 

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #5,803 of 6,017
actually i also have a set of velour pads i would be willing to give away as well, but 

1) they are used (very lightly, i just got them last week)
2) it will be a couple weeks before i send my he-400's back and i would like to keep the velours until then, so i wont send them right away

if you're ok with this and you want them, once again first person to send me their info can have them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back