New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Oct 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #5,133 of 6,017
Quote:
I'm gonna wait for Rev. 7. 7 is lucky.

Yes, with the distinct light purple translucent plastic drivers with silver strands woven in to reduce the tizziness of the treble.

Oct 29, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #5,134 of 6,017
Quote:

Yeah, I don't like calling them "Rev 3.5", would not want them being related to the problem drivers.

I would prefer to call them "Rev 2.5" (since they sound the same as rev 2, but look different) or the new name of "Rev 4".

How do they look different? I'm ordering a new pair, and want to make sure I have the 2.5/3.5/4 version (whatever you choose to call it), and not version 2.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #5,141 of 6,017
2a9e3edu.jpg

Here is the he400 that I received. Changed it to velour pads already. Woot.

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #5,143 of 6,017
Quote:
I live in Brazil and  took advantage of the fact that a friend was going to spend a few days in the US and asked him to bring a unit of HE-400 for me. I ordered and had it delivered to him, no problem. 
Yesterday, I got the headphone and was very excited to test it. To my big disappointment, the left ear channel stoped working after 5 minutes. Then it was on and off, cutting out the sound for a couple minutes. I though the cable was not properly connected, or something.. switched cables and the problem persisted. I then discovered that if I pressed it against my head, the sound came back. 
I turned it off, took of the earpads, tightened the screws I saw and the sound came back again. 

I remember I had read something a while back about this issue, but though it was a "1st batch" related issue. I believed that having passed almost a year, Hifiman would have this problem figured out by now. I was really sad to discover otherwise. 

So, I emailed them and am waiting for their feedback. 

I don´t want to ship it back to China and be a month without it, since it´s the only headphone I have. 
Everything that comes from another country goes through customs here, and it stays there for weeks. 

Anybody who have recently bought one has had the same issue? How it was resolved?

Thanks
Luciano.

I am also getting this problem with my HE-400, with the right channel stop working sometimes. This one was from a replacement of another HE-400 that had a lesser problem with the right channel.
rolleyes.gif

To make sure is this the revision 3.5 / revision 2?

Will see if test headphone for a while then will contact Hifiman if the problem still exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back