New Hifiman Flagship (together with Unique Melody): RE1000
Aug 2, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #61 of 138

But sadly it is very unlikely, UM(the manufacturer) has little to no experience with this kind of material and with silicone the choices of individual desgin would be even more limited and acryl is said to be much more durable.

If you are searching for dynamic driver CIEMs, look up Future Sonics and Aurisonics, if you are looking for silicone, look up Sensaphonics and/or ACS. If you are interested in hybrids(acryl and silicone) look up Westone and Lear(they are quite innovative, introduced a semi-soft material, looks very promising.)

+1 for the Lear.

Aug 2, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #62 of 138
Thanks for the info, i almost anticipated that UM is unlikely to do silicone. It probably , i know a few of thise silicone experts.

I wonder why manufacturer dont get into silicone coating of the canal piece of hard shell CIEMS. A milimeter or so could be maybe added by dipping, would greatly improve seal and comfort. I think the westone silicone models are done in such or similar. That would combine the best of both worlds.

Aug 2, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #63 of 138
Thanks for the info, i almost anticipated that UM is unlikely to do silicone. It probably , i know a few of thise silicone experts.

I wonder why manufacturer dont get into silicone coating of the canal piece of hard shell CIEMS. A milimeter or so could be maybe added by dipping, would greatly improve seal and comfort. I think the westone silicone models are done in such or similar. That would combine the best of both worlds.

Exactly, the Westone ES5 (and its facelift, the ES50) are said to be one of the most comfortable acrylic CIEMs.
Let´s see, if Lear`s next big thing keeps up to its promises, "semi-soft", as I prefer comfort over design silicone or such hybrids are very appreciated.

Aug 21, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #64 of 138
I audition the demo unit today, very good fit, 2x bigger than Noble Savant but very good seal & comfy like Noble.

The sound, IMO, very balance. 
ksc75smile.gif

Why dont Hifiman make Universal version, much cheaper & saving time. I do want it in Universal version, please make it Hifiman.
beerchug.gif

Aug 21, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #65 of 138
  I audition the demo unit today, very good fit, 2x bigger than Noble Savant but very good seal & comfy like Noble.

The sound, IMO, very balance. 
ksc75smile.gif

Why dont Hifiman make Universal version, much cheaper & saving time. I do want it in Universal version, please make it Hifiman.
beerchug.gif

Where did you get to demo them?

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #67 of 138

A headphone shop, which is closed to my home (in Vietnam)

http://www.3kshop.vn/hifiman-re1000

3kshop is excellent! I live in D7 - will have to stop in to hear them.

Aug 22, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #68 of 138
Go for the second audition today, here some pics:

Beautiful & very solid unit, not crappy cheap look like the Noble Savant Universal standard ($599 USD) 
There is a hole next to HIFIMAN&UM text, vent hole?

Right phone with serial, single tube nose with Spiral dots - S size (normally I use L size, RE1K use S size so it can get deep insertion, very comfort & good seal)

RE1000 and Audio Technica CKR10

Test method:
FiiO X5 (high gain), flac, repeat certain passages for comparison.
Adjust volume to match loudness: CKR10 vol. 50, RE1K vol 55

Quick compare to CKR10
- Both have good clarity, sound stage and balance sound
- Bass: RE1K have bigger quantity (but not bloated).
- Treble: CKR10 slightly have more sparkles

At this time, I prefer CKR10 over RE1K (just arrived the shop couple days, it has not burn-in yet. I'll come back sometime later to see how it perform one it's completed burn-in)

Other considerations:
- CKR 10: appx $300 USD. Non remove cable 
frown.gif

- RE1K (custom): appx $800 USD. Remove able cable
regular_smile .gif
. Hopefully Hifiman release Universal version appx 500-600 USD

Borrow picture from a Thailand forum 

Aug 31, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #75 of 138
Had the third audition on last Sunday, nothing has improved here.

In comparison with JVC FX-850 (with FiiO RC-SE1 cable):
- Both have massive bass, however to my ears, the 850 sound clean and clearer.
- RE1K very easy to fit, comfort to wear and seal very good. 850 hard to fit, especially with FiiO cable, not good seal as it open back design.

Got a $900 deal for a secondhand HD800 (99% new), hard to pass the deal 
beerchug.gif

Oh my, the HD800 sound so good
L3000.gif
, no longer interest in RE1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back