New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Oct 1, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #2,596 of 2,616
Honestly, my Hidizs is ****. Music sounds ok at best, Dongle off Iphone sounds way better. Campfire Solaris, Comet, Sony IER-M7, Audeze ISINE10, and FH7 all sound better with the standard dongle.

Hidizs reached back to me within a day or two telling me how to correct the issue. i hate that you have to contact them directly how to fix this. everybody who ever will buy this will need to contact them. --- I Had to go back to a different version, then make an adjustment. Dont know why the only version you an download anything would be 4-5 versions behind the newest version.

AP200 - * THINGS I WISH I KNEW. * - review

1. Button reaction time is really very very slow. I hit the top to shut the screen off, and wait so long i end up re-opening before the screen shuts off. its All Delayed. its more than a Litteral "One One THousand" second when you hit the play/pause side button. 1 second to turn music off, hear person talking to you, then another One One Thosuand to get the music back on. -- faster to take off your head set to hear somebody

2. Volume buttons decide when when they want to work, and again delayed 2-3 "one one thousand" seconds, and only when the screen is unlocked, USUALLY. rarely can I change the volume with the screen locked, But its still occasionally.

3. play/pause and next/prev track on the locked screen dont work. well they work after you try a 1/2 dozen times.

4. keypad is garbage ---- Being a iphone user, the touch screen is pretty bad. i have to touch "D" to get an "S" and touch the "S" to get an "A". Good luck getting a "G/H/T/Y/V/B on the screen when searching" -- oh and the "M" and backspace ... not sure if this is a hidizs issue or Android ridiculousness. Searching for music is a task on this machine.

5. Tidal drops network connection continuously when in master setting, Spotify works pretty well.

6. Battery is about 6-7 hours of use. (Volume at 20/100) and about 8-9 if not in use just idling. again being an iphone user im really suprised how fast it drains even when not in use.

7. gets pretty warm in my pocket, makes my pocket sweaty. - i use it in the office, it makes my pocket sweaty from the tempuratures it puts off after a few hours of use. it needs the plastic cover that comes with it because the buttons pertrude too much and will turn up vol/ DOwn pause constantly if the case isnt on to protect the exterior buttons a little.

regards,
L

Oct 1, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #2,597 of 2,616
I agree with you from 2 to 5.... but I love so much its sound signature that I can pass over that little problem. Tidal and Spotify are the most annoying things, but solved with IPhone linked to an Ifi nano BL

Oct 29, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #2,599 of 2,616
FWIW, this is a destructive operation and will wipe all your data.

power off the device
hold the power and volume up simultaneously until you get to the recovery screen.
use the volume up and down to select "wipe data / factory reset"
use the power button to select the option.

This should reset AP200. But this will reset the language back to Chinese. Before doing make sure you know the operation to choose your preferred language once it reboots. If you still have a firmware download there is a file called "System Language Settings.pdf" that has pictures to help out.
how do you reset to english please

Feb 3, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #2,600 of 2,616
I don't suppose anyone knows how to get into this do they? It's been in a drawer for about 6 months and I decided to fish it out to have a play, only to discover the power button has somehow self destructed and collapsed a bit into the case! So I'm hoping to get the back off to see if I can fix it.

Has anyone opened these? I don't really want to shove a knife in the back when it's glass (seriously - please stop making parts of products glass that are just going to break when there is no need!).

Feb 3, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #2,601 of 2,616
I don't suppose anyone knows how to get into this do they? It's been in a drawer for about 6 months and I decided to fish it out to have a play, only to discover the power button has somehow self destructed and collapsed a bit into the case! So I'm hoping to get the back off to see if I can fix it.

Has anyone opened these? I don't really want to shove a knife in the back when it's glass (seriously - please stop making parts of products glass that are just going to break when there is no need!).
Have not opened the AP200 myself. Most glass backed devices use glue to hold down the back. Heat from a blow dryer (or warm cloth, etc) is used to soften the glue, and the back can be pulled off with a suction cup. Or by gently prying the edge with a thin paring knife. There are you-tube videos showing the technique. Anyone that does phone repairs can do this. ay need new "glue tape" to reattach the back. But soetimes enough glue remains to just press it back on. The glue tape is available on Ebay, AliExpress etc.

Have never heard of the button collapse that you mention. Have heard of some batteries expanding and pushing the back off. Probably good to replace the battery if you do take the back off to fix the on/off button. Good Luck!

May 26, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #2,602 of 2,616
I was enjoying my AP200 until the back popped off. The battery has bulged and the player is now pretty useless as it doesn't hold charge for long at all, maybe a tune or two. The back of the case is only held on by glue, and the battery could be replaced by anyone. There's one easy to get at connector. The only tricky part is the WiFi antenna needs disconnecting as well to fully remove the back, but my WiFi never worked properly anyway so will leave that disconnected.

Hidizs answered an email query about new batteries the next day however couldn't ship one to New Zealand due to customs issues with lithium battery shipments.
Annoyingly they also were "unable" to supply full battery specs for me to source one myself.

Anyone had any luck finding a suitably sized battery with the correct connections? I don't like just throwing things out which should be fixable.

Thanks.

May 27, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #2,603 of 2,616
I you got time please let me know how to install 3rd party apps. Thank you.

Hi

1. Update to FW 1.0
2. Go to Settings - Apps - Google Play services (GPS).
3. Press "Clear Cashe" button.
4. Press "Uninstall Updates" - it avoid pop-up messages from GPS.
5. Go to Settings - Security - Unknown sources.
6. Slide "Allow installation of apps from unknown sources" to ON position.

Now you can download and install apk files, all you need.

Enjoy

Oct 16, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #2,607 of 2,616
Haven't been using my AP200 for quite a while. Found it yesterday with the case back semi-open, due to the swollen battery.
I have some much older DAPs with batteries still running without thermal issues, so I guess the battery supplier chosen for the AP200 was not the best.
Made some pictures of the open AP200, before it will dumped into the electronic recycling disposal.

AP200_1.jpeg
AP200_2.jpeg

Oct 16, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #2,609 of 2,616
Found this battery with a google search... https://www.aliexpress.com/i/33035740105.html
Thanks a lot. I was shortly thinking about it. If this would have been my favorite DAP, I would certainly consider replacing the battery. But it wasn't, there were too many issues from the very beginning that made it a paperweight. Anyway the world of daps moved forward since.

Oct 16, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #2,610 of 2,616
Well I managed to get into mine, and there’s no fixing the power button.
I’m surprised more poeple dont have broken power buttons. The metal button in the case is literally held in with a peice of black tape, and the actual power button itself is less than 1mm at its weakest point which has broken.

so badly made it’s shocking. Ive tried all sorts of poking, packing and fixing, but short of melting the solder and finding a replacement part to fit back in (not something I’m capable of), this thing is toast.

such a shame as it sounded amazing, but it’s so badly designed its shocking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back