New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Nov 23, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #1,381 of 2,616
Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #1,383 of 2,616
Software bugs and missing features aside... the more I use/ listen to my AP200 the less I’m impressed with it unfortunately. It’s good in the mids, but that’s about it, seem to lack that bottom end and top end detail. I enjoy listening to my iPad (using hiby & FLAC) more then the AP200. I’ve tried the the filters and playing with the EQ, just doesn’t cut it.

It will do for now, but will definitely be saving up for an other DAP in the future, something a little more established on the market and more high end.

Fully agree with you, me too, really frustrated. I will cancel the sell of my iPod Touch 5 gen to use it again.
It seems a min of $500 is need for a decent DAP.

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #1,385 of 2,616
Geez, I'm backer 1187, from what I have read here, I have to be honest, not looking forward to receiving mine, if I could cancel I would.
only people with problems are posting, I'm happy with mine

Nov 23, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #1,387 of 2,616
I don't have the unit so I have no way of knowing, but is there any setting which configures the headphone jack as either headphone out or line out? If so, the line out might need to be selected. I wouldn't think, but could be wrong, that there would be some protection circuity kicking in here. Driving the preamp stage of a car stereo is a load even a cheap smartphone can do. A DAP shouldn't need protective circuitry dealing with this. I've never heard of any device that would refuse to output sound into a head unit. Would be nice if Hidizs would respond to this issue, they should know for sure. This is an interesting, if frustrating, issue.

Thanks! I can't see anything that leads to a change between headphone out or line out by the way.

I started looking at forums for my car - it seems that there are plenty of people that have the same issues (mine is a BMW X3, but all types of BMWs had the same issue), so it's probably not a ap200 specific issue...
I didn't really understand the explanation, but seems fine if you plug in the ap200 first, then plug into the head unit - it connects around 2/3 of the time. And the sound is good!

Nov 23, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #1,388 of 2,616
IF you live in the USA, you can get a free Volt/ohm meter with a coupon and any purchase at Harbor Freight Tools. It works fine for this type of simple electrical troubleshooting... I'm no electrical expert, but being able to do simple checks at home, and on the car, can save you some grief.. and money.

Does your bluetooth receiver have an aux input that you could plug the ap200 into with aux cable? Worth a try... Audio may be better than using wireless bluetooth; but not as good as direct connected to the car stereo...
Which the AP200 should be able to do!

Thanks, finally got it fixed. Seems that there's an issue with my car - it likes having the music source plugged into the head unit after being plugged into the ap200.
Sound is good!

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #1,389 of 2,616
Thanks, finally got it fixed. Seems that there's an issue with my car - it likes having the music source plugged into the head unit after being plugged into the ap200.
Sound is good!

Hmm. I would much rather have the problem lie with an inexpensive DAP than an expensive German sports car. But then again I drive a Honda Civic and use my 49 dollar smartphone as a source and it works fine, lol. I guess I'm a bottom feeder, but things seem to work without issue. Any source should be compatible with and able to drive any head unit in any velicle,. IMO. It's a very easy load.

Nov 26, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #1,390 of 2,616
Ok, so here is a thing regarding battery draining fast issue when player is on but is not used, I did this myself few times so can confirm that this works, at least with my unit

leaving dap on with disconnected headphones / iems solves the issue, in this case usage was only around 5 - 7% per night , with connected headphones / iems it increases drastically

hope this helps

cheers

Nov 26, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #1,391 of 2,616
I’m selling my AP200 Black Aluminium 32GB sealed new if anyone in interested :)

Nov 27, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #1,395 of 2,616
Need help with microSD card and Tidal offline.
Card recognized by AP200 showing 183GB free space (it's a 200GB SanDisk), but Tidal only sees Internal Memory of 32GB (23GB available now).
How can I setup AP200 to make SD card available to Tidal. I am really frustrated with this gadget.
Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back