New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Nov 20, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #1,336 of 2,616
Why do you think it would be any better than other players which already use Hiby? Just curious.

I really want the cheapest DAP to use 70% as transport paired with Chord Mojo and 30% as DAP with IEMs when traveling, and able to play Tidal streaming and offline.
Hiby is by now software, the music player but it seems that with Hiby R6 is releasing first hardware with initial specifications really interesting - direct audio transport avoiding default and horrible Android USB audio driver, so USB C to micro USB to connect to Mojo should be perfect and additionally coax output in the 3.5mm jack.
No info about price yet.

Nov 20, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #1,337 of 2,616
I really want the cheapest DAP to use 70% as transport paired with Chord Mojo and 30% as DAP with IEMs when traveling, and able to play Tidal streaming and offline.
Hiby is by now software, the music player but it seems that with Hiby R6 is releasing first hardware with initial specifications really interesting - direct audio transport avoiding default and horrible Android USB audio driver, so USB C to micro USB to connect to Mojo should be perfect and additionally coax output in the 3.5mm jack.
No info about price yet.
Hiby sent me some questionnaire about the wanted features and the price wish. As far as I can remember, it started with $500 an up.

Nov 20, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #1,338 of 2,616
No info about price yet.
A Chinese website quoted a presale price of about US$550 equivalent...

Nov 20, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #1,340 of 2,616
Then they want to compete against FiiO X5 III and X7 II.
Hard fight as FiiO is consolidated.

It will be an interesting fight. FiiO is exceptionally good at this point, but Hiby also has years of experience with software development!

X7mkii still has that cool feature with the interchangeable modules, which is really hard to beat by a DAP that doesn't have it. I guess it tries to compete against X5-3 more in this situation

Nov 20, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #1,341 of 2,616
Hi all,

After using hidizs ap200 for a week, I feel it's a really good dap. Sounds really good.

I don't use it with USB dacs so I can't comment much on that.

But with the output directly out of the earphone jack, it's good. Sure it will not be able to drive really high impedence headphones, but for iems it should be fine.

There is one thing which I really wish was there and that is battery back up.
I don't know what exactly is happening, but if I leave it on, even without playing anything, the battery drain is really too much.

This is a real pain point for me.

There may be other issues with the dap, but for me battery back up really needs a fix.
Do any of you have any suggestions?

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #1,342 of 2,616
Hi all,

After using hidizs ap200 for a week, I feel it's a really good dap. Sounds really good.

I don't use it with USB dacs so I can't comment much on that.

But with the output directly out of the earphone jack, it's good. Sure it will not be able to drive really high impedence headphones, but for iems it should be fine.

There is one thing which I really wish was there and that is battery back up.
I don't know what exactly is happening, but if I leave it on, even without playing anything, the battery drain is really too much.

This is a real pain point for me.

There may be other issues with the dap, but for me battery back up really needs a fix.
Do any of you have any suggestions?

Turn it off while not in usage (?)

Mine doesn't seem to drain much if it is turned off (?)

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #1,343 of 2,616
Turn it off while not in usage (?)

Mine doesn't seem to drain much if it is turned off (?)
Yeah turning it off works, but Everytime turning it off and the waiting for it to turn up is something which is not so convenient.
For now that's what I am doing, but even my old phone which was running on Android used to get decent battery life if it's idle without apps running.
I think I will try closing all apps and see if it's still draining battery. I generally leave hiby paused, it could be that as well.

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #1,344 of 2,616
No info about price yet.

Thanks, I'm on a similar boat except that I only care about a pure transport function. Perhaps I don't quite understand, but I thought that in Hiby mode the Ap200 would bypass the default Android audio drivers, am I mistaken?

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #1,345 of 2,616
I have an AP60, which is not Android based, and the same issue (battery drain) happens when I forget power off. So I suppose it is not a bug but a kind of specifications of Hidizs’ DAP. But, I agree with you that is inconvenient.

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #1,346 of 2,616
I had to turn off folder play through as it won't work all that happens is I get a weird, rather loud noise every 10 seconds and have to turn player off

Nov 20, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #1,347 of 2,616
I have an AP60, which is not Android based, and the same issue (battery drain) happens when I forget power off. So I suppose it is not a bug but a kind of specifications of Hidizs’ DAP. But, I agree with you that is inconvenient.

I wonder if @Hidizs Hk could add a sleep mode after say 30 seconds of not playing music? maybe user selectable time of silence before sleeping ? Then resume where you left off when you hit play ? With minimal power or zero power usage during sleep mode ? Some DAP do this...

Also, the HIDIZS AP60 or new AP60 II would be a cheaper "mostly transport" device; and has pretty good sound. (don't have the AP60II but looks like it has same dac amp as the AP60)

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #1,348 of 2,616
Hi there!

Noob here, so please forgive my ignorance.

Received my AP 200 yesterday (128GB version). Looks really nice.
Here are my questions:
-Is it just me or does the updated firmware (via Hidizs Music App) only allow for a single song to be played?
I imported my music from my itunes by copying them to the music folder via USB. Took a while. Then had the app scan the songs.
All seem to have imported fine, but when ever I select a song from an album it only plays that song. At the end it just restarts it.
Even pressing the forward or back button is not resulting in any change. Is there a "repeat one song" setting that is activated that I can't find?
What am I missing? Should I use another app?
- Adjusting the volume makes the song skip at times or even restart it. Am I alone with this?
- I have trouble inserting my micro SD card. I feel technically challenged right now, but I cannot figure out how to insert it.
I have found the slot, but the card always bounces back out and doesn't lock into place... Feel even silly for asking: What am I not getting?

Please share any info you might have and help me out of my misery! :p

Thanks!

Nov 21, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #1,349 of 2,616
Hi there!

Noob here, so please forgive my ignorance.

Received my AP 200 yesterday (128GB version). Looks really nice.
Here are my questions:
-Is it just me or does the updated firmware (via Hidizs Music App) only allow for a single song to be played?
I imported my music from my itunes by copying them to the music folder via USB. Took a while. Then had the app scan the songs.
All seem to have imported fine, but when ever I select a song from an album it only plays that song. At the end it just restarts it.
Even pressing the forward or back button is not resulting in any change. Is there a "repeat one song" setting that is activated that I can't find?
What am I missing? Should I use another app?
- Adjusting the volume makes the song skip at times or even restart it. Am I alone with this?
- I have trouble inserting my micro SD card. I feel technically challenged right now, but I cannot figure out how to insert it.
I have found the slot, but the card always bounces back out and doesn't lock into place... Feel even silly for asking: What am I not getting?

Please share any info you might have and help me out of my misery! :p

Thanks!

1. There is play one, play all, shuffle, etc tiny control icon at the left top part on now playing screen. Try to change mode
2. Which FW version? Haven't noticed it since 0.1.8
3. SD card should be inserted deep... Hard to reach such depth with the nail. Try using small tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back