New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
May 1, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #121 of 2,616
I asked Hidizs if the AP200 has a dedicated EQ button like the AP100, surprisingly the reply was 'Yes, It does'.

Perhaps something was lost along the way in what I was getting at, being Android it's obviously going to have EQ software, but I'm not 100% sure they mean there will be a button to toggle EQ like there is on the AP100. So far from pictures all I can see is 3 buttons, a on/off and volume. Unless firmware is very advanced and allows for custom button mapping...

May 1, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #122 of 2,616
I have a feeling that you'll need to hit one of those physical buttons, to have the screen turn back on, and then be able to reach EQ and other settings. LIke a phone, or tablet PC, most functions will probably be done from the touch screen. It would add cost to add buttons for all the functions on the touch screen. Personally, I don't adjust EQ that often. But understand some folks might have several EQ Settings for different music types.
In any case, we'll likely find out in a month or two...

May 2, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #126 of 2,616
Hidizs did get back to me and confirm their initial error, no dedicated EQ button, they meant to say that it has EQ via the Android menu system :frowning2:

No hate here, just disappointment. I have been playing with DAPs for over a decade, the dedicated EQ button in combination with hardware EQ was something rather special and unique, I hope they resume this pattern in forthcoming DAPs, otherwise I'm stocking up on AP100's!

In fact, there'd be no need for me to go looking for anything else if they just released one last firmware for the AP100 and addressed a few bugs and niggles...

May 4, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #129 of 2,616
I asked Hidizs if the AP200 has a dedicated EQ button like the AP100, surprisingly the reply was 'Yes, It does'.

Perhaps something was lost along the way in what I was getting at, being Android it's obviously going to have EQ software, but I'm not 100% sure they mean there will be a button to toggle EQ like there is on the AP100. So far from pictures all I can see is 3 buttons, a on/off and volume. Unless firmware is very advanced and allows for custom button mapping...
AP200 will have the EQ setting.

May 4, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #131 of 2,616
@Hidizs Hk, can you give us any info about the output impedance and output power of the AP200? I'm also curious if the AP200 can be used as a digital transport via the USB port.

May 4, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #133 of 2,616
@Hidizs Hk, can you give us any info about the output impedance and output power of the AP200? I'm also curious if the AP200 can be used as a digital transport via the USB port.
Suggest headphones impedance range: 16-100Ω,
It will be use as a digital transport. Hope some reviewer who test it will show it on Youtube.

May 4, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #134 of 2,616
Suggest headphones impedance range: 16-100Ω,
It will be use as a digital transport. Hope some reviewer who test it will show it on Youtube.
Thank you for the info! As for the output power specifications, I guess we should wait for the first reviews to come and clarify the real-world performance and IEM compatibility of the AP200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back