New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
May 16, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #166 of 2,616
Same as FiiO X5iii if I'm not mistaken.

It's all part of Hiby fw/sw utilized by a number of companies. This way, companies like Hidizs, FiiO, Cayin, and others can focus on hw development and fw/sw customization instead of starting from scratch.

May 16, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #167 of 2,616
When a DAP has more ram than your laptop...

May 16, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #169 of 2,616
so most probably this DAP will also have the 30:00 bug when the time zone is set to Singapore....HiBy knows it since months (they even confirmed it to me via email) but they did not fix it. Still on the i5, still in their AndroidApp.

And no problems if set to any other time zone ?

Wow, just realized... Seems strange for the HiBy software to have a glitch when set to Singapore Time zone, when Mainland China is the same time zone ??? Isn't HiBY based in China?

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #172 of 2,616
So, no detailed specs or any news yet?

May 18, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #174 of 2,616
Gents, I've just helped Hidizs with translating the specs and other detailed info for the AP200 into English, and currently working on the Arabic translation.

I will say this, the AP200 has some very interesting features, quite possibly the most versatile DAP I've come across, and is going to give other Chinese DAP manufacturers a true run for their money

May 18, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #175 of 2,616
Gents, I've just helped Hidizs with translating the specs and other detailed info for the AP200 into English, and currently working on the Arabic translation.

I will say this, the AP200 has some very interesting features, quite possibly the most versatile DAP I've come across, and is going to give other Chinese DAP manufacturers a true run for their money
Cool! When should we expect the detailed specs to be published?:)
By the way, I can help in translating the specs and any info from English into Russian:)

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #176 of 2,616
Cool! When should we expect the detailed specs to be published?:)
By the way, I can help in translating the specs and any info from English into Russian:)

Sorry buddy, I can't say when the details will be released. Not because I don't want to, but because I genuinely don't know when.

Regarding the Russian translation...get in touch with Hidizs on head-fi.....maybe they've already got a Russian version, but if not, it won't hurt to ask if they could make use of your assistance

May 18, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #177 of 2,616
Sorry buddy, I can't say when the details will be released. Not because I don't want to, but because I genuinely don't know when.

Regarding the Russian translation...get in touch with Hidizs on head-fi.....maybe they've already got a Russian version, but if not, it won't hurt to ask if they could make use of your assistance
Thanks for the info:)

May 18, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #178 of 2,616

Even better than your favorite x5iii? :wink: Btw, any first impressions with sound comparison?

May 18, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #179 of 2,616
Even better than your favorite x5iii? :wink: Btw, any first impressions with sound comparison?

Lol, I wouldn't call the X5iii my favourite. Anyhoo, I don't actually have the AP200, I just helped out (read "fixed") with the English translation and in the process of the Arabic translation for the details to go on the AP200 page (and possibly the printed documentation)

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #180 of 2,616
Just something else I want to add.....Judging from the specs alone, it seems that the AP200 will indeed be a fine sounding DAP. I'm not sure if it would be worthy of "end game" (but let's face it, that's a very subjective and often over-exaggerated term), but its true value comes in its versatility. Much like the AP60 before it, but taking versatility to a whole new, perhaps even unheard of level

Users who are viewing this thread

Back