New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Mar 16, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #1,996 of 2,442
Hello, because already I have the Bryston BHA 1 and MPEG-2 today has reached me I've been listening to the Oppo PM1 in balanced and as a source Oppo 95 EU using balanced and I must say that you hear really good starts, I have not been able to spend nine I've heard about three hours tomorrow hearken to the HD800S.

Sorry for my English,

Greetings.

Pretty awesome setup. How are you able to get the MPS-2 to work with the BHA-1. I wouldn't mind getting one for my BHA-1 but the site says Devices Supported: BP20, BP25, BP26, BP1.5 Phono Stage

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #1,997 of 2,442
I have achieved in Europe totally new, I've heard today with HD800S in balanced and the combination is brutal, is the second day of listening and can not be happier with the purchase, I put photo connection MPS-2 BHA-1, the Bryston BHA-1 without internal power supply left it to manufacture.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #2,000 of 2,442
Hi!

As BHA-1 on my primary target list, may i kindly ask are there any difference whether i get the BHA-1 + MPS 2?

Can also this amplifier have enough power for high impedance-low sensitivity headphones while maintaining headroom for transients and dynamics of music?

Thank you :)

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #2,007 of 2,442
I'll abuse:) the knowleadge of the people around here: my DAC outputs pretty high and with the BHA-1, with the volume pot at its minimum, I still can hear a bit from any headphone, but only from the left headphone! When I turn the volume up, I cannot here any unbalance issue, is this normal? I was also considering the rack mount option, I was wondering if this is something that can be done to any previous unit? If so, should this be done through my country's distributor? Thanks in advance!

Mar 25, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #2,008 of 2,442
Virtually all pots will have a tiny bit of imbalance at the very lowest settings. Only stepped attenuators or similar devices will be perfectly balanced all the way down to zero.

I believe most of their amps can have a faceplate swapped out for rackmounting, but I can't say for certain on the BHA-1.

Mar 26, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #2,010 of 2,442
I'll abuse:) the knowleadge of the people around here: my DAC outputs pretty high and with the BHA-1, with the volume pot at its minimum, I still can hear a bit from any headphone, but only from the left headphone! When I turn the volume up, I cannot here any unbalance issue, is this normal? I was also considering the rack mount option, I was wondering if this is something that can be done to any previous unit? If so, should this be done through my country's distributor? Thanks in advance!

Hi 

Yes as stated above volume controls will have a little imbalance at very low levels - usually once you get above 8 o'clock things will be very accurate from that point on.  We laser trim our controls within a 1/4dB from 8 up.

You can have a rack-mount installed - where are you located?

james

Users who are viewing this thread

Back