New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Jan 16, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #1,981 of 2,442
I agree, it works really well as a preamp.  I'm using it with a Parasound A21 amp and Revel F208 speakers.

Feb 24, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #1,985 of 2,442
  Worth buying the Bryston BHA-1 without power supply Power Supply MPS-2 improves sonidoen something,

regards

I think the BHA-1 without power supply has been discontinued, but you should check with Bryston to confirm.  The stock power supply built into the BHA-1 is very robust and dynamic with very low residual noise.

Feb 25, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #1,987 of 2,442
HI 

The outboard power supply option has been discontinued.  We found it did not make any difference in performance.

james

Hello James,

Is the preamp BP26 another story and is benefitted by MPS2?

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #1,989 of 2,442
James, being a happy user of Bryston/Torus/PMC your statement is obvious for me :)

My question is just to justify whether MPS2 brings the sound of BP26 to the next level comparing to what if you try to put it in one box. The only concern is that I only use 1 output out of 4.. And I dont remeber other Bryston products to use MPS2 except BP26

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #1,990 of 2,442
Oh I see what you mean - no the outboard power supply does not necessarily mean better performance assuming you design and do proper shielding with an internal supply.

Our original idea was to allow the DAC and the CD Player we had at the time to also plug into the MPS-2 but we found it actually worked better in those too products with an internal supply. Our Phono stage does plug into the MPS-2 currently as well as the BP26 of course.

Going forward though we are developing new products which will be able to use the MPS2 as the power supply if the customer wishes.

james

Mar 14, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #1,991 of 2,442
Hey guys, just a curious question and maybe you, James Tanner could serve as an bona-fide expert on this one. Regarding the outputs on the BHA1-is there a general consensus out there as to which output (balanced vs. unbalanced) delivers a superior sonic experience? Personally I prefer the balanced 4 pin out with my T1.2s. If in fact balanced renders the best sound with BHA1, could someone please explain why? I have my own reasons to believe so but I am interested in other, more knowledgeable opinions. Thanks, Mike.

Mar 15, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #1,992 of 2,442
Hey guys, just a curious question and maybe you, James Tanner could serve as an bona-fide expert on this one. Regarding the outputs on the BHA1-is there a general consensus out there as to which output (balanced vs. unbalanced) delivers a superior sonic experience? Personally I prefer the balanced 4 pin out with my T1.2s. If in fact balanced renders the best sound with BHA1, could someone please explain why? I have my own reasons to believe so but I am interested in other, more knowledgeable opinions. Thanks, Mike.

Actually, I have the same Q for James. Specifically the LCD-3. Is the recommended setting Balanced outs with Low Gain setting for the LCD-3?

Mar 15, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #1,993 of 2,442
This looks great

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #1,995 of 2,442
Hello, because already I have the Bryston BHA 1 and MPEG-2 today has reached me I've been listening to the Oppo PM1 in balanced and as a source Oppo 95 EU using balanced and I must say that you hear really good starts, I have not been able to spend nine I've heard about three hours tomorrow hearken to the HD800S.
Sorry for my English,

Greetings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back