New Gear For Sale/Trade and User Feedback Systems
Oct 27, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #77 of 109

Quote:
sounds to me like an unfair bid. Imo put a fair price you are willing to let the item go and don't lower it if you don't want to.

I agree.

Oct 30, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #78 of 109

Also, keep in mind that the default display for the FS forums is by creation date. This means you will NOT see bumped threads and may miss on a sale that's been updated or someone bringing their gear back up FS.

If you do want to see those first - change it to arrange by Updated date.(which was the default on the old style system)

Unfortunately for sellers that means that most users likely don't see their threads when bumped. (re: default value)

>sounds to me like an unfair bid. Imo put a fair price you are willing to let the item go and don't lower it if you don't want to.

true, either way, people won't buy if the price is too high, and pm you lower offers.

Nov 9, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #80 of 109
Yeah, it is becomng very painful to search through items in For Sale section. Nothing looks updated, and most of the new-comers will never figure out what is for sale and when was it listed.  It used to be so much easier when all you had to do was Bump, to bring the post up and most of the buyers will see what up for sale.

This is very sad..... Its more complicated than it needs to be.

Nov 9, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #83 of 109

Quote:
Yeah, it is becomng very painful to search through items in For Sale section. Nothing looks updated, and most of the new-comers will never figure out what is for sale and when was it listed.  It used to be so much easier when all you had to do was Bump, to bring the post up and most of the buyers will see what up for sale.

This is very sad..... Its more complicated than it needs to be.

Really? ... It's as simple as changing the sort by drop down box (one click of the mouse).  It's not that hard. 

In reality, having the drop down is nice.  If you browse the area somewhat frequent, you can better identify new listing from things that have been around for days or weeks.  Saves time by not having to click and look at things you may have already glanced at.  There's that one saved click.  Your life has just been simplifed. 

I will agree that it is not the most obvious thing to spot in the new format, but once you know it there, it just another added feature on top of the way it use to be. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 9, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #84 of 109

you're missing the point. read the above posts.
a) we doubt users know about the feature (if you've seen web usability research stats, you'd be surprised about assuming people know things or assume things aren't status quo)
b) bumping is then effectively not working
 c) the drop down box doesn't even save what you select for next time.

>If you browse the area somewhat frequent, you can better identify new listing from things that have been around for days or weeks. 

oooor, you'll miss out on a listing of what you wanted, the seller discounted but you forgot to change the view to updated. 
Quote:
Really? ... It's as simple as changing the sort by drop down box (one click of the mouse).  It's not that hard. 

In reality, having the drop down is nice.  If you browse the area somewhat frequent, you can better identify new listing from things that have been around for days or weeks.  Saves time by not having to click and look at things you may have already glanced at.  There's that one saved click.  Your life has just been simplifed. 

I will agree that it is not the most obvious thing to spot in the new format, but once you know it there, it just another added feature on top of the way it use to be. 

also, you add pics to classified, but I couldn't find where to edit them =( and the feedback field length is 256 characters =\

Nov 9, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #85 of 109
I on the other hand just want to see new stuff. Despite what the rules say, some jerks keep on bumping their stuff daily. I occassionly change it to list by update instead of creation.

Who cares what new comers think? They are the high risk group anyway. It's not a difficult system if you have functioning eyes.

Nov 9, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #86 of 109
Ad hominem so soon? While that's not the point - most people in the tread seem to have joined before you btw. I do agree bumping > 1ce in 24h is bad taste.

Quote:
 Who cares what new comers think? 

Again, if you don't believe us, read some web usability papers and see for yourself about non-default features and people assuming things are status quo from previous versions. 
Too many people will browse with 0 focus, browse tired, after work and not giving a flying about having to click things.
Quote:
It's not a difficult system if you have functioning eyes.

Again, you may miss out on a listing of what you wanted, where the seller discounted or resurrected an old thread, but you forgot to change the view to updated. 

Quote:
>I on the other hand just want to see new stuff.

I'm not really interested in discussing this issue, I'm just seeking the administration's view and what they are going or not going to do about the points raised in the few posts above

Nov 9, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #87 of 109
I think the easiest and best solution to this "problem" would be to change the default sorting type to "Update Date". That way the system, by default, would be the same as nearly every other classified system on the web. Then add the option to change the default sort method to our profile settings. Then every individual user can change their default sort to the way they like it.

Everyone would be happy, no?

Nov 9, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #88 of 109
i would, that's what I asked for above. 

Quote:
I think the easiest and best solution to this "problem" would be to change the default sorting type to "Update Date". That way the system, by default, would be the same as nearly every other classified system on the web. Then add the option to change the default sort method to our profile settings. Then every individual user can change their default sort to the way they like it.

Everyone would be happy, no?

Nov 10, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #89 of 109

Quote:
so uuh, no one cares that bumping doesn't work anymore and some members have resorted to making multiple threads for one item?

This is really bad. Jude, please make the updated by the default option. The new system doesn't even save the selection the user makes =(

This. It's really annoying how classifields get thrown into the next page in a day and completely buried after about 3.
Why can't we just have something like a button that only the OP can press every two days that bumps the thread to the top.

Nov 12, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #90 of 109
agree on the bumping issue.
suddenly i cant sell a thing and i dont want to keep relisting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back